+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glo Telecommunication Company - GLO Lucky Winner

Glo Telecommunication Company - GLO Lucky Winner

(no ip header, this came from Yahoo 360 message)

ATTENTION: GLO LUCKY WINNER / CONGRATULATIONS!!!

ATTENTION: GLO LUCKY WINNER / CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    GLO TELECOMMUNICATION WIN & RULE YOUR WORLD PROMO ONLINE
    NOTIFICATION DEPT.
    GLO/RYWP/07/11/23
    www.gloworld.com

Dear Profile Owner,

The management of the Glo Telecommunication Company is delighted to notify you that you/your online profile have been selected as one of our five lucky people in the Glo Telecommunication WIN & RULE YOUR WORLD NEW YEAR PROMOTIONS of $325,000.00 USD ( THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY ).This is in celebration of our 5th year anniversary as a merger in the TeleCommunication Company and also to promote international awareness for the Glo networks.Your profile id was selected randomly from a total list of 1,468,390 profile id s from around the world, from our affiliate email clients,websites, social networks.Globalcom is currently one of the largest corporations in the Telecommunication company, both in the Africa and other continents and you have been selected as a winner in this years inaugural promotions for $325,000.00 USD. Please note that this is not a lottery sweepstake or windfall and due to the high rate of internet lottery scams on the internet today, the Management of Globalcom wishes to dissociate itself from this activities and to assure you of the legitimacy of this promotion, please note that this program is open to any scrutiny on your part. It is also in your interest to keep this notification highly confidential to avoid double claims of your winnings and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please contact your payment agent Vivian Bills through the Glo promo office email address; [glopromoonlinedepartment@gmail.com] with the following informations about yourself:Your Full Name,Address,Nationality,Sex,Tel,Occupation,Date Of Birth,Security Code: G9S/TJD/GW/08, Agent Name: Vivian Bills. You are advised to do so now to avoid late processing of your Payments/winnings.
    Congratulations Once More!

Rule your world!!!

also received similar mail

Hi,
    I also received a similar mail on 360.yahoo.com and I was referred to Tranex Courier Services Nigeria for completing formalities for receiving my winnings by DD. Fraud isn't it?
    Alex

Yes, it is fraud.

It is an advanced fee fraud, or a 419 scam.

Once you respond to them, there will be fees associated with the "money", transfer fees, legal fees, demurral fees, etc. and there is no big pay off.

They just take your money and run.

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION.
    Or any other personal details.

They will want you to send the money Western Union or Money Gram which is untraceable. Even the names and ID's they use are forged.

Read more on the site, especially the stickies and it will explain more about these types of frauds.

Scam Internet Promo

Reposted from a guest post with a real email address.
    Please for future references of any Glo promo, kindly contact the Glo customer care at [customercare@gloworld.com]. also be weary of any website that advertises Glo promos, if it's not the official website then its most likely a scam. Glo official website is www.gloworld.com
    "blessed is the hand that grivets."
    "never you write me again idiot PIT TOILET" - Julliet Kipkalya Kones, from Burkina Faso

Scam on mobile phone

hi my friend just got a SMS on his phone saying "Urgent email glo telecommunication regarding Congratulation !!! recieved on 29/01/2009 03:47pm. Attachments: 0 totalling 3.5 kb"
    the sender came up as 333, which confused him and he called the number back and it rang +61430005333 (we are in Australia so the +61 is our extension)
    it answered with a recorded message which was the same as the text in the first post saying he had won money etc.
    I didn't listen to the whole message as I am not sure how much the phone call would actually be charging him, hoping it's not a lot...
    But obviously this scam is trying to rope more people in using mobile (cellular) phones so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any course of action that can be taken to someone shutting down the number they use??
    Any ideas???

Report to the phone company? If the number is a scam then it's got to be an abuse of the terms of service so the phone company should shut that number down.

hmmm, will try but don't know which phone company they are using, I'll call mine and see what they say.

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR PROFILE WON THE GLO PRIZE!!!

Dear Profile Owner: The Management of GLOBACOM TELECOMMUNICATIONS is delighted to announce that Your Profile has been nominated as One(1) of the Five(5) person(s) in the GLOBACOM TEXT 4 MILLION PROMO ONLINE.As a Proposed Nominee,You are entitled to ($)150,000.00USD (15 Million NGN) while working with GLO as a representative in your region.

This promotion is solely sponsored by GLO in celebration of our 5th year Anniversary and to show International awareness for the Glo Networks.
    Your Winning Code is: GLO/TX4M/660 To Redeem your cash prize,Contact your assigned agent (Mrs Lisa Farrah) through the glo promotional email address: [glotext4millions.promo@googlemail.com]

With YOUR FULL NAME,COUNTRY,VALID MOBILE PHONE NUMBER,DATE OF BIRTH,SEX,OCCUPATION AND WINNING CODE

Thank you for Participating in our Yearly Online Promotions. Keep Ruling your World with the Globacom Telecommunications as we strive to globalize our services and make the world a small global village.

RULE YOUR WORLD!!!

(I got it as private message through Windows Live, google it and got your link from there. I highly appreciate the valuable insight you're rendering against the different scams. Keep up the good work. Thank you...)

+ Reply to Thread