This is a Typical Advance fee fraud that I had received through a naive Broker
trying to break into the business.
he feels that the seller is reliable and had forwarded to me sanitising the seller's contacts.
I have taken out his email as I do know that he is an idiot.
Subject : AREVENCA VENEZUELA
Date : Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22.56.14 +0530
From : V
To : <XXXXXXXXXXX@lycos.com>
I have this offer for D2 and JP. Please review and advise.
At the moment we have available for you:
SPOT NOT AVAILABLE
CONTRACT: JP54 1.000.000 tons per month/ one year
D2 2,000,000 MT/ month for 1 year Price Gulf of Mexico Platt less $9/MT
Price: valid until Wednesday 24th June, 2009 is $1.78/gal.
To formalize your request, please follow the procedure outlined below. Pleasenote that THESE PROCEDURES ARE NOT NEGOCIABLE.
The buyer must send a request whit full identification buyer, product,quantity, periodicity, CIF or FOB, and a MT799 from a prime line bank.
- After the reception of the request, and verification of the MT799, theRefinery will ask, and will authorized ,an deposit for the 0,5% of the totalamount of the request in the account of the Refinery.
- This percentage will be accredited to the Invoice.
- After the reception of this deposit, the Refinery will emit an Pro FormInvoice for the first month cargo.
- If the buyer want emit an MT03/23, that must be irrevocable and will beliberate for the bank at the reception of the Commercial Invoice, (PropertyTitle) that will be send directly to the bank.
- After the reception of the Pro Form Invoice the buyer must paid in 3 bankingdays by wire transfer free and clear.
- As soon the Refinery received the payment , the Operations department put thebuyer in schedule load and will emit the Commercial Invoice. - At the load day, as soon the vessel is loaded, the refinery will send to youthe SGS inspection, Bill of Loading and Partial Commercial Invoice, theoriginals by Currier and an copy by email.
- If the costumer received whit out demurrage all the first month cargo, Therefinery will sign an Long Term Contract. - In the long term contract, the costumer must emit an Bank Guaranty, and thepayment of each cargo will be 10 days after reception by wire transfer free andclear
My Reply :
The scam lies in the 103'23.
There is no such thing.
Once the credit is transfered, they will all disappear.
Venazeula needs all buyers to be registered.
They are OPEC members, and produce Jet A1 and not JP54.
No one in the market can give 1,000,000MT D2 monthly as logistically it is impossible.
If a contract is that size, the president of the country will be signing the contract as that would mean the entire country's natural resource.
D2 is about 15% of a barrel of crude.
For venezeula, with their MESA crude, it is about 12%.
You are talking of refining 9,000,000MT of crude monthly and that is 64,800,000BBL of crude.
The entire South America does not produce that amount.