I've just beeen SCAMMED!!!! :(
Trying to find some sort of additional income online is a tedious and dangerous task nowadays.
You can't anymore depend on the credibility of sites just because they flash logos of Paypal, Visa, Liberty Reserve etc. These scammers have now received protection from "secrecy" or "confidentiality" laws, that their victims can't find who they are or seriously ran after them and bring them to justice.
I recently signed up for HYIP. Why, you may say? Of all people, firstly I couldn't believe that i will lost my rationale and objectivity for a moment.
Although the amount involved is small, around a 100$, but still the disappointment and stress is serious.
1. I dealt with a 3rd party e-currency exchanges based in Vietnam to buy LR. The first transaction went through without a glitch but the 2nd was dubious. I used Western Union to transfer money to this provider expecting he would credit amount to my LR account. I succeeded on my first transfer of 45$ intended for an HYIP investment. However the problem came on the 2nd transfer. First, it took him/her more than 4 hours to credit the new amount to my LR account, and as soon as he did it, another LR account debited it. An account I did not deal with earlier and was totally suprised to have found.
2. Unfortunately, Liberty Reserve does not have an efficient Customer Service/Support that my inquiry running now for more than 4 days remains unanswered. I asked for details on that suspicious transaction that is not even given in my account history.
3. Anyway, I did invested on that HYIP program claiming to give me enormous earnings even just after an hour of investing my money. I was thinking maybe they are using it on Forex Trading, thus the huge profit.
4. I invested in several HYIP providers and up until now, a week since, none has paid back even a single cent of what I was trying to withdraw. I tried to withdraw small amounts of 10 and 20$ just to test if it will work, but of course it wouldn't. Otherwise I will be 75,000$ richer now and won't be sharing with you my bad experience, instead I should already be sharing it to others who want to earn as well.
5. What I have learned in this experience that I feel needs to be shared:
a) Do not deal with any company if they don't have legitimate office address, telephone number, fax number and they don't reply to your queries by name
b) If it's too good to be true, then it may not be true (got this from another poster)
c) Do not trust a site just because they are flashing all these legitimate payment methods like Paypal, Alertpay, Liberty Reserve, Perfect Money etc.
d) Victims are not protected, criminals are - in this current 'confidentiality' law that exists
e) Some of these (with the exception of Paypal) payment companies have none existing or inefficient Customer Service, enough to doubt their credibility
f) HYIPs are a dream. A wish. A fantasy.
g) If you want, you can check domain registration information through "Who Is" websites who will provide ISPs of these sites, but then again, this won't be much help because these criminals are not providing corrent information if at all
Finally, I will just try my hand on Forex, will look for a legitimate company and share with you what happens next.
Hopefully it will be something good so we will all be happy!