Thread: XXX, i hope im not making a mistake

XXX, i hope im not making a mistake

From a well known scammer IP address 64.12.143.152

Return-Path: [tail8war54992240@aol.com]
    X-Originating-IP: 64.12.143.152 UNITED STATES
    Message-ID: <d0f.5f992d6b.385756a0@aol.com>

XXX i hope im not making a mistake
    Monday, December 14, 2009

Hey XXXX.... I can not believe I am really writing this. Actually beginning this note is making my heart race. Actually, I dont know yet if I'm going to email it. Ok here it goes.. I feel like I have feelings for u. I planned a way to reveal it.. I made a private blog for u .. secret blog for XXX. It 's really hard for me to tell you, u would realize how come if u knew who i am.... now that I did I am sure I have to email you.
    No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many scammers may be terribly inconvenienced.
    Those who play games do not see as clearly as those who watch. - Old Chinese Proverb

We had another report of one of those. You should not click on that secret blogspot is all I can say.
    "blessed is the hand that grivets."
    "never you write me again idiot PIT TOILET" - Julliet Kipkalya Kones, from Burkina Faso

XXX, i hope im not making a mistake

I wouldn't click on the link myself but at the same time I did wonder what type of scam this may be, if any.
    No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many scammers may be terribly inconvenienced.
    Those who play games do not see as clearly as those who watch. - Old Chinese Proverb

Not sure other than a link might just install some kind of trojan or something. They appear to be customized for the "victim" with their name on it so the scammer seems to be working from a previous potential victim email list.
    "blessed is the hand that grivets."
    "never you write me again idiot PIT TOILET" - Julliet Kipkalya Kones, from Burkina Faso

the tipoff to the love scam

The way the scam works is to get you to go to some legitimate looking site to find a picture of this "secret admirer". Supposedly you have to "join" and they request a credit card. THAT's the tipoff... the statement that this photo site may want you to enter a credit card # (to "prove you're over 18""you don't have to join") is so bogus. You enter a credit card number and it's sent, not to a legitimate photo site, but to the scammer's e-mail, and they can use it fraudulently.

Scammers totally suck.

+ Reply to Thread