Mrs. Mary Abery, part 1

From Jennifer Leatherman
    Return-Path: <jennifer.leatherman@villanova.edu>
    Received: from 153.104.6.6, USA, Villanova University
    Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010
    From: Jennifer Leatherman <jennifer.leatherman@villanova.edu>
    Subject: I need your assistance
    Thread-topic: I need your assistance

I am at the end of the road, and about to donate a huge amount through you. I promise that your assistance would be rewarded. Please contact me via my private email address below for more information:
    PRIVATE EMAIL: [mary203berry@hotmail.com]

Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery

Bryan W

Cool Mary Abery Scam

I recieved the same fraud message below.

Hello,

I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Everything is available including finance. This mail was sent by my PA (Dittrich, Luke) so please reply to my email address: [maryabery@rogers.com] for more details.

Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery

Donation: Contact Me Via Email at [abery_mary@rogers.com]

Hello,
    I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Everything is available including finance. Please reply to my Private email address: [abery_mary@rogers.com] for more details.
    Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery

Delivered-To: [abatishchev@example.com]
    Received: from barracuda.chancelloru.edu (barracuda.chancelloru.edu [208.48.252.3]) by mx.google.com with SMTP id
    X-Barracuda-Envelope-From: [MSeidel@chancelloru.edu]
    Subject: Donation: Contact Me Via Email at [abery_mary@rogers.com]
    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010

Unregisterwfajwe
    Dear Beloved,

Thank you for your reply. My name is Mrs. Mary Abery, a 79 year old lady presently undergoing palliative intensive care in Solomon Islands. I spent all my life in The United Kingdom with my late husband Sir Keith Abery who died in a Plane crash on Monday the 7th of September 1998 GMT 14:22 UK while in transit from New York to Geneva. Please see website below for more information:
    http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissa...ist/index.html

After the death of my husband I became the Head of his investment and now that I am old and weak I have decided to spend the rest of my life in Solomon Islands before I finally leave the world since I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 13 years ago and it now my understanding that I have now reached the terminal stages of the disease. Before the death of my husband we had a plan to use the last days of our lives to donate half of what we have worked for to the less privilege and charity homes and the other half for ourselves, family members and close friends, and it is so unfortunate that my husband is not alive today to do this with me and I am very weak and old now, hence I have decided to do this philanthropic work on behalf of my late husband.

Presently, I have willed out almost all of our assets to several charity homes and to some of the less privilege in different countries. Despite the agreement between my late husband and I to give aid to the deprived, we also agreed to render support to an individual we have not meet before in life due to the fact that when we were still young in life we received an anonymous help from an individual we did not know and which we have not being able to know till date. The impact we got from such gesture made us to do same. I have therefore been inspired to donate the last portion of my fortune which in an account in Canada to charity through a complete stranger and I wish that you and your family be beneficiaries of the funds as well. Please accept my sincere offer.

Although we know each other for the first time but I believe our father has directed me to you as I prayed and searched the internet till I got your contact email address from a business directory and picked you randomly for this cause. I am a born again Christian and take delight only in the things of our father as I have prayed a lot on this already and I believe so much in the manifestation of Christ that I know he will not fail me so I want you to know that you have to be strong in your faith as he {Almighty} will surely strengthen you. My husband’s relatives are not Christians and they have used my husband’s wealth and property left behind for worldly things.

As I am here in the hospital they are around me and they have sold virtually all I have here in Solomon Island that my husband and I labored for and what they wait to hear is that I am dead so that they lay their hands on my last belongings here on earth but that does not bother me because things of the earth are canal and there is an eternal home for me which there is enough enjoyment.

I have decided to Will/donate the sum of $6,143,728.00 US Dollar (Six Million, One Hundred and Forty Three Thousand, Seven Hundred and Twenty Eight US Dollars) which is in the account in Canada to you for the good work of mankind to help orphans, less privileged, widows and the humanitarian aid following the aftermath of the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile.

I do not want them to know about this deposit that is why I am communicating with you only on email and I am making communication with the finance firm also who understands my predicament. All I need is your absolute trust, commitment, confidentiality and honesty because I want to see my late husbands vision fulfilled before I leave this sinful world. My spirit directed me to you as I prayed and searched over the internet for someone to help me since I can no longer trust my family members and friends and I do not want this particular deposit to be used for things of the world. I will want you to get back to me that you will be absolutely honest about this transaction and you will use this money to the Glory of God. Also you have to assure me you will keep this transaction confidential and you are willing to contact the finance firm which is located in Canada which has its branch in the United Kingdom to finalize all necessary formalities as to the release of the fund to you. I will also want to know a little more about you regarding your life, your spiritual life, what you do for a living so as for me to know you will be able to complete this.

At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls and I barely could complete this email with assistance from my PA because of my failing health, please pardon any discrepancies so I require your urgent response if you are trustworthy and willing to help me finalize this transactions so that I will immediately write my chamber to prepare a court injunction/power of attorney making you beneficiary to my fund as all other documents are with the finance firm that I sent it to them for safe keeping so my family members will not lay their hands on it. To prepare this document I will require your full names and address.

Thanks.
    Mrs. Mary Abery

terino
    Hello,

I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Please reply to my Private email address: [abery_mary@rogers.com] for more details.

Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery
    Sent from:
    Mary Abery
    [gminus@desu.edu]

Ronbecker2

Post My Act of Charity

Vicki Teske to _
    show details 3:21 AM (17 hours ago)
    Hello,

I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian married to Late Engr. Sir Keith Abery {PhD} who worked with MULTINATIONAL OIL COMPANY EXXON AS A DRILLING RIG SUPPLIER in Saudi Arabia for 19 years before he died. We were married for twenty four years without a child. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody who I would make next of kin to our funds in Canada to help me finish complete the charity work as my doctors told me that I would not live longer than the next eight months due to cancer problem.

I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money. I kept this deposit secret till date, this is why I am taking this decision.
    I don't think I will need any telephone communication at the moment because of my health as this mail was sent by my PA (Vicki Teske) so please reply to my email address: [abery_mary1@rogers.com] for more details.

Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery

dmscott23

Please Do Not Ignore: Contact Me Via Email at aberym@rogers.com

Hello,
    I am Mrs Mary Abery, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Everything is available including finance. This mail was sent by one of my PA (Ronald Grant) so please reply to my email address: [aberym@rogers.com] for more details.
    Remain Blessed
    Mrs. Mary Abery

This was sent from Clemson University:
    Return-Path: <RONG@clemson.edu>
    Received: from mailclient1.clemson.edu (mailclient1.clemson.edu [130.127.237.180])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id p3si4065327ybk.61.2011.03.13.07.17.02

I googled Ronald Grant and he does work at Clemson U and that is his email. I emailed him but no response.

He probably can't respond because he may have lost control of his email account. The scammer/criminal may control that email account now.
    "Though the pen is mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment." - Sir Roger Fenwick

I know it is a scam, but not sure how...

So all she is asking for is a name and address at this point (which is public information to one who really wants it). How does the eventual scam take place?

Lauren

This is the message I received. But how is this a scam?

"I am Mrs Keith, a devoted christian. I am in the process of setting up a charity foundation but due to my health condition I would need somebody to help me finish it. Everything is available including finance. This mail was sent by one of my PA (K. Klein) so please reply only to my private email address:

PRIVATE EMAIL: [hkeith@rogers.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------
    This message was sent using the University of Minnesota Duluth Webmail

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast