+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sedco Petro

Sedco Petro

Hi,

Has anyone heard of Sedco Petro advertising jobs in Africa. sound distinctly like Solac Engineering who have been exposed on this site

We really need more to look at than just a name. Like emails and what kind of jobs etc.
    Every time you click a scammer moans in agony; every time you post a scammer screams in pain!

Atif Jameel

Fraud Job Application

Hi,

I had applied for the position of Logistics Manager through http://www.bayt.com/en/pakistan/ for a confidential company. Later I have received job application form from below contact mail and I sent back the filled form.

Mr. Umukoro Efe
    HR Manager
    Sedco Petro Limited
    71A Eleme Road, Port Harcourt,
    Rivers State, Nigeria
    E-Mail: [hr.dept@sedcopetro.com]
    Phone: +234-806-646-4867

Later I received the contract and appointment letter from below. I have observed the e-mails addresses were different.

Mr. Umukoro Efe
    HR Manager
    Sedco Petro Limited
    71A Eleme Road, Port Harcourt,
    Rivers State, Nigeria
    E-Mail: [hr.dept@sedcopetrolimited.com]
    Phone: +234-806-646-4867

In the mail, they have advised me to contact below address and below person asked me to send $350 for visa application.

GALAXY TRAVELS AND TOUR
    22 Oil Mill Road,
    Port Harcourt. Rivers State, Nigeria
    CONTACT NAME: (Dr.) Kayode Oluwatunji
    DESIGNATION: Head of Visa/Permits Operations
    EMAIL: [gtravelagency@live.com]
    PHONE: +234-806-123-5838

Furthermore, I have found below three website claiming that they are authentic websites of the company.

www.sedcopetro.com
    www.sedcopetrolimited.com
    www.sedcopetroltd.com

Can you please invetigate this?

Best Regards,
    Atif

No visa costs $350. Save your money and don't send it to these criminals.
    "If the law can do nothing we must take the risk ourselves...I am not the law but I represent justice..."- Sherlock Holmes

@ Atif Jameel - bayt.com as well as naukrigulf or naukri.com are scammers favourite places looking for the unsuspecting minds.. pls be careful

jimbo

spl

I HAVE RECIEVED AS WELL AS OTHER AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, AFTER DID A JOB APPLICATION VIA INTERNET.

IT SEEMS VERY RARE BECAUSE NO INTERVIEW HAS BEEN DONE, SO I THOUGHT THESE ARE CRIMINALS LOOKING FOR GET MONEY

CAN ANY BODY CONFIR IT

KINDLY REGARDS

JIMBO

Of course they a criminals. That's why we put it here. You can't do business with them unless you want to send money to criminals.
    "blessed is the hand that grivets."
    "never you write me again idiot PIT TOILET" - Julliet Kipkalya Kones, from Burkina Faso

www.sedcopetro.com
    www.sedcopetrolimited.com
    www.sedcopetroltd.com

Displaying all the usual signs - All 3 sites same IP range, typical 1 year registration, privacy protect, yada, yada, yada...
    Reach out and touch a scammer from 24 miles (43,000 Yards)..

Employment Scams

Hi,
    I also received the same documentation with a job offer, and confirmation, with a contract, and specified start date. I also received a telephone call from Umokoro Efe on Wednesday 23rd June with 2 questions, then he told me that had got the job, and an email confirming this would be sent to me.
    I have done a little searching and on 1of their pages they stipulate that they do not use hotmail accounts etc. I got a reply with a hotmail account & the excuse that their server was down.
    Entry to Nigeria can only be made via their High Commission in your country of residence and a form IMM22 completed, so it is a scam.

Employment Scam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast