+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Union Workers Credit Services

Union Workers Credit Services

Today I got one letter by normal mail from UNION WORKERS CREDIT SERVICES.

This letter looks legit.. they have a website: <http://www.unionworkerscredit.com>

Union Workers
    Credit Services
    1327 Empire Central
    Suite 130
    Dallas, TX 75247

Credit Limit: $10,000 for: (my name)
    Member Status: PLATINUM
    Classification: PRE-APPROVED
    Expires: 04/01/09
    Interest Rate: 5% APR
    Credit Provider: Union Workers Credit Services
    Address: (my address)
    Bank Affiliation: None
    Service #: (number)
    Approval #: (number)
    *Applicable Law: My state

CONGRATULATIONS (my name)!

It’s nice to inform you that you have been identified and PRE-APPROVED for a PLATINUM CARD Membership from Union Workers Credit Services with a GUARANTEED $10,000.00 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchases from credit provider!

You don’t have to worry if you have been denied access to a VISA or MasterCard. The UWCS Platinum Card Membership offers many benefits including a LOW, LOW interest rate of 5% APR all because you are PRE-APPROVED.

Full details of your membership and its exclusive benefits will be included with your new Platinum Card. Your satisfaction is assured by a 60 day refund of money guarantee!

This is a limited time offer and all deadlines are final, so act today. Failure to do so may result in your loss of your PRE-APPROVED status. Please enclose your annual membership fee of $37 by check or money order along with the attached Platinum Card Activation Form by the deadline shown below.

note: the $37 is fully refundable with your first purchase using your $10,000.00 credit limit.

(in smaller print):
    YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THIS PLATINUM CARD MEMBERSHIP OFFER BECAUSE YOU SATISFIED CERTAIN CONSUMER CRITERIA. VISA AND MASTERCARD ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF VISA INTERNATIONAL AND MASTERCARD, INC. RESPECTIVELY, AND ARE UNAFFILIATED WITH THIS OFFER OR UWCS. CREDIT AMOUNT REFERENCED HEREIN SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED TO FUNCTION AS ANY TYPE OF MULTI-PURPOSE CREDIT CARD AND IS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE FOR CREDIT PURCHASES FROM UWCS. ADDITIONAL CREDIT MAY BE GRANTED IN THE FUTURE AT CREDIT PROVIDERS SOLE DISCRETION. FAILURE TO RESPOND BY EXPIRATION DATE WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR ELIGIBILITY.
    If you receive a letter like this, beware! They simply take your 37 dollar “membership fee” and you’ll probably hear nothing ever again.
    But the fact that they asked for no information other than my signature raised a few flags. Their website is also littered with ads, not very professional.

"He (she) who does not prevent a crime when he(she) can, encourages it." Seneca

I know it's called snailmail, but...

WW, you've missed your chance anyway, the letter must have been lost somewhere, judging from the expiry date!

Credit Limit: $10,000 for: (my name)
    Member Status: PLATINUM
    Classification: PRE-APPROVED
    Expires: 04/01/09
    Interest Rate: 5% APR
    Credit Provider: Union Workers Credit Services
    My Modus Oprenadi: Post it if it's true.

Receiving scam emails in the UK? Please report them HERE, the Action Fraud online reporting tool.

Learn about being safer online here: http://www.getsafeonline.org/

http://www.addiopizzo.org/english.asp is the English web-page for the Itallian anti-extortion movement Adiopizzo, (Goodbye extortion).

....scammers copy and paste and they forgot to update. LOL. :

+ Reply to Thread