Are you stuck in a scam situation? Do you think you might be? Well, below are some common questions and situations which we'll try and answer for you as best we can so that you can get out of the situation.
Disclaimer: Please note that everyone here is a volunteer and that we give freely of our time. We give you the best advice we can, but each scamming situation is unique. The answers below are general information and SUGGESTIONS, but you need to rely on your own instincts as well. And you should also talk to other people you know like family and friends for advice. We do this as a public service, but there are different laws in different places, and we don't know all of them. If you have a specific question about a specific situation, please feel to contact any admin and we will assist you as best we can.
1. I think I answered a scam mail. Am I in trouble? Answer.
2. The scammer wrote back. What do I do now? Answer.
3. The scammer keeps writing. How do I make him stop? Answer.
4. The scammer has my real address. Am I in trouble? Answer.
5. The scammer has my phone number and calls me. How can I make him stop? Answer.
6. I sent the scammer a copy of my passport or ID. What should I do? Answer.
7. I sent the scammer my bank account information. What do I do now? Answer.
8. The scammer deposited money in my account. Is it mine? Answer.
9. The scammer sent me a webpage link to open a bank account. Should I? Answer.
10. The scammer asked for my credit card number and I gave it to him. What do I do? Answer.
11. I wired money to a scammer. Can I get it back? Answer.
12. The scammer wants to send me merchandise. What should I do? Answer.
13. The scammer sent merchandise to me. What should I do now? Answer.
14. The scammer sent me a check/cheque or bank draft. What should I do with it? Answer.
15. The scammer sent me a money order. What should I do with it? Answer.
16. The scammer sent me a package to forward. What should I do with it? Answer.
17. I met someone on the net and they love me. Do they really? Answer.
18. My friend sent me a web camera. What do I do now? Answer.
19. A company/person says they can help me recover money I lost. Can they? Answer.
20. An overseas company wants to get me a visa to work in their country. Will they? Answer
21. I’m ignoring the scammer’s emails but I still get some official looking email. What should I do? Answer.
22. I received an email from a government official. Read more.
23. I received an email or a phone call from a diplomat. Read more.