Anyone knows about dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by slp822, Apr 1, 2011.

1. slp822

slp822 New Member

They sent a mail to give me 5% discount, and declare:
    "The lowest price we sell, if anybody sell lower than us, tell us, we will refund you."
    www.dhgate.com
    Anybody can tell me it is really?

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

What it is for? It's a Chinese website and you're in China. Why ask here?

3. snoman_03

snoman_03 Samurai

I would do a Google search of the site.

Didnt realize they were from China Sphinx...:eek:
    I was posting and doing research of the site.

4. Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman Administrator Staff Member

http://www.dhgate.com/

If click in the Contact Us page appears:

For further information such as buying process, payment methods, delivery options or dispute process, please refer to our Help page.

Telephone
    86-10-82257676
    Fax
    86-10-82025922
    Office Hours
    Mon-Sun 9:00am to 6:00pm (GMT+08:00)
    Customer Service Center
    (for inquiries about your orders)
    For inquiries regarding your recent orders, please contact DHgate Customer Service Center through our Message DHgate.
    Note: For inquiries about product details, please contact the seller.
    DHgate Resolution Center
    (for escalated disputes)
    evidence@DHgate.com
    Note: DHgate Resolution Center only deals with escalated disputes. More information about dispute procedure and policy, please click here.
    Brand Infringement Complaints
    patrol@DHgate.com
    Media Requests
    media@DHgate.com

NO address

I googled and found:

http://www.419legal.org/html/2009/01/10/dh-gate-scam.html

DH gate Scam

DHGate.com is a online scamming site selling different types of goods in a fraudulent manner. Before doing a business transaction with this you must read this.
    Dhgate.com is a online Chinese shop for sellers and buyers. It deals with electronic goods, jewelery, outfits, sport accessories, perfume and many more..

Initially people attracted to it due to its low rate as compare to other's on line shopping portal. Working pattern of DHGate is very similar to eBay, but there are some backdraws at customer support services, payment option and delivery mode of the purchased items. Some times sellers may asked for payments through Money Gram or Weston Union, which are not the reliable ones. Once you sent your payment through these service provider, there is a strong possibilities about your money loss because they do not have refund option. Always concered about your payout account that should be protected. Avoid advance payments and cconsideronly those sellers who have feed backs , never deals with strange sellers.

In case of DHGate item prices are low but shipping are much higher, at the end of a deal you won't get any profit. If you choose ( especially for DHGate) Chinese courier company, before processing confirm the shipping charges, it may be on higher side as compare to others.

5. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Wonderwoman is correct. There are many complaints against http://www.dhgate.com.

They have been given the opportunity on 419legal to help their customers, but despite a customer support staff member posting saying she would help ( I think her name was Fiona) they have not done so. It would not be a good move to buy from them.

While the thought of getting goods at a reduced price is attractive, it quickly turns sour when they arrive and are not what was promised.

Please check out the many complaints in the link below.

http://www.419legal.org/fradulent-website/16378-dhgate-com-official.html

6. Mackenzie

Mackenzie Spammer

It's really great to know about this, I have keen interest in such type of sells, But I found more information about this here..! Thanks in advance for sharing...!!

7. Nadine96

Nadine96 New Member

worse online selling site

DHgate is the worse and worse online selling site.I can not advice it to anyone. That chinese site it's just a fraudulous site to take money away from people in a easy way.I spend $300.00 on electronic there on July 7,2011, the item I received wasn't as describe,used,not working,and a copy.I contact the seller to return it but he refuses to send me his address for return,I open a case and he send the address 2 weeks later. I return the item since August 10, 2011 until now I didn't received any refund.
    I contact the seller more than 20 times,he didn't reply.To see if he's still selling,I order something else without paying and ask if the description of the item,he reply right away because he tought it's was an order.
    I contact Dhgate dispute,the first time they told me the item it's not arrived wait a little bit or try to talk with the seller. Than one morning I just realise they close my case.I ask them why? They told me because the delay for open case already passed and they can not do anything. A bomb show that I couldn't believe.Or I did contact them early and they just keep on asking me to wait or to talk to the seller who never answer.
    Who know how I can get my money back.I have all the prove,even from UPS that he received the item.
    THE NAME OF THE SELLER PROMOTIONSHOP: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM NEITHER FROM THAT SITE AT LEAST YOU WANT TO GIVE AWAY YOUR MONEY.

8. Nadine96

Nadine96 New Member

NEVER BUY THERE OR FORGET YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: DHgate is the worse and worse online selling site.I can not advice it to anyone. Everuthing fake,used,damage, the opposite of the advertisement.They are the patron of fake and used materials.That chinese site it's just a fraudulous site to take money away from people in a easy way.I spend $300.00 on electronic there on July 7,2011, the item I received wasn't as describe,used,not working,and a copy.I contact the seller to return it but he refuses to send me his address for return,I open a case and he send the address 2 weeks later. I return the item since August 10, 2011 until now I didn't received any refund.
    I contact the seller more than 20 times,he didn't reply.To see if he's still selling,I order something else without paying and ask if the description of the item,he reply right away because he tought it's was an order.
    I contact Dhgate dispute,the first time they told me the item it's not arrived wait a little bit or try to talk with the seller. Than one morning I just realise they close my case.I ask them why? They told me because the delay for open case already passed and they can not do anything. A bomb show that I couldn't believe.Or I did contact them early and they just keep on asking me to wait or to talk to the seller who never answer.
    Who know how I can get my money back.I have all the prove,even from UPS that he received the item.
    THE NAME OF THE SELLER PROMOTIONSHOP: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIM NEITHER FROM THAT SITE AT LEAST YOU WANT TO GIVE AWAY YOUR MONEY.
    DO NOT RELAY ON THEIR FEEDBACK,ALL ARE UNTRUE.IT’S JUST A PART OF THEIR CONSPIRACY,LACK OF ETHIC.THERE IS NO DHGATE ,NO SELLER BOTH IN REALITY FORM ONE AND WILL NEVER REFUND YOU. BIG SHAME ON YOU DHGATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bonds11804

bonds11804 New Member

I have only dealt with dhgate once and actually had a good expierence besides the goods i ordered being fake, but it didn't matter as they were given away as christmas presents.

I've heard alot of horror stories however, but i can say i will buy again from the seller i did.

I would not buy any electronics, or clothing. I bought the necklaces that baseball players wear the titanium fused :)rolleyes:

10. basenji

basenji Administrator Staff Member

So you bought fake items and thought it was a good experience? Are you promoting this site?

11. vuitton

vuitton New Member

I beg to differ! <http://www.dhgate.com> is not a fraudulent site at all. It's a site very similar to eBay, were individual sellers can offer their goods (or bads).

They are based in China, therefore the vast majority of sellers are Chinese. dhgate.com does very little (or probably no) checking if goods are authentic and pirated stuff is rampant there. So whatever brand item you see there, it will be fake.

But if you need a travel adapter for your phone, or a carry case for whatever, the site is probably OK.

12. De Master Yoda

From their website.
    Yet there are MANY unsatisfied customers, as proven by the many complaints posted on the internet.

On another website, they produced a "customer" support person (Fiona) who offered to assist, but we could not find one customer who was actually helped by her. And she disappeared when questioned.

If you read the many complaints against them you will get rather a different picture than the one they are trying to project.

Some comments from their customers are here:

http://www.419legal.org/fradulent-website/16378-dhgate-com-official.html

13. basenji

basenji Administrator Staff Member

Interesting statement. Why are accessories for phones different from brand items?

14. vuitton

vuitton New Member

Coz anything with a known brand on it will be fake. So you buy an expensive Dre headphone (or whatever) and get some lousy copy crap thingy. For adapter, accus, cables and stuff I seldom buy brand and go for no name anyway as they just cost a fraction. But if I really want a brand battery, I would NOT buy it in China!

Additionally, a total rip-off risk on a $5 item is bad, but not as bad as those that buy HD-TVs from China and get totally cheated out of their money.

This said, you can buy pretty much the same stuff from plenty of Chinese sellers on eBay. I did so with mixed results, but that's more about quality and not really scam related.

15. WEEWEE

WEEWEE New Member

DHgate.com- LIARS AND THIEVES

THIS COMPANY STOLE MY MONEY AND THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER MY E-MAILS.
    WIKIPEDIA SAYS THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THEM:- Numerous review sites are laden with past and recent reports from DHgate.com buyers that show an alleged pattern of consistent bad customer service complaints, bogus DHgate Service pledge, misleading DHgate Escrow representations, illegal sale of counterfeit goods, dishonest manipulation of feedbacks and transactions to enable bad sellers, bait and switch antics, fraudulent advertising by sellers, shipping wrong sizes, rip-off, scamming and lying to buyers, late shipments and deliveries, fake tracking numbers, poor quality merchandise, poor packaging, non-delivery with no-refunds, bad faith dealings, blocking negative buyer comments from forum, denial of payments made by buyers, seller's bias and cover-up, ignoring e-mails and messages, and unfair treatment of buyers.

16. De Master Yoda

DHgate.com.

@WEEWEE. Welcome to AFI.

Registrant:
    DHgate.com
    6F, Dimeng Building, Huayuan Road
    Beijing, Beijing 100083
    CN

Domain Name: DHGATE.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    DHgate.com opsAdmin@dhgate.com
    6F, Dimeng Building, Huayuan Road
    Beijing, Beijing 100083
    CN
    +86.1082028870 - 1122
    Domain Name: DHGATE.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
    Name Server: NS1.DNSPARK.NET
    Name Server: NS2.DNSPARK.NET
    Name Server: NS3.DNSPARK.NET
    Name Server: NS4.DNSPARK.NET
    Name Server: NS5.DNSPARK.NET
    Updated Date: 11-may-2010
    Creation Date: 20-sep-2004
    Expiration Date: 20-sep-2016

The registrar is: Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC. You can lodge a complaint to abuse@networksolutions.com

You can always send an abuse report to your local Chinese embassy as I am sure the Chinese government do not want such sites to give them a bad name.
    http://www.chinahighlights.com/chinese-embassy/in-canada.htm

17. WEEWEE

WEEWEE New Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I appreciate the information you have given me. I will write to the Embassy
    as you suggested.
    Fox News is working on a report about this company. They contacted me this
    morning because I had Tweeted on Twitter. Hopefully they will do a segment
    on the company and more people will be protected from them.
    I sent a message to the CEO also but needless to say, she didn't respond.
    Also, I have a business associate in Shanghai who is looking into this for me.
    Keep up your good work!!
    WEEWEE

De Master Yoda likes this.
  18. De Master Yoda

DHgate.com.

There is some more information about them in this link that may prove useful.

https://www.google.com.au/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22DHgate.com+scam%22&gbv=1&sei=A_U7Ur_eD_GaiAfrj4GwCg

If fox news have a tech check it, here is some more information for them.
    IP Address 124.42.15.203
    Hostname Unknown
    ASN AS23844
    ASN Owner Beijing Guanghuan Xinwang Digital
    Continent Asia
    Country Code Flag (CN) China
    Latitude / Longitude 39.5097 / 116.695
    City Langfang
    Region Hebei

Hosting Info for Website:
    www.ioffer.comwww.dhgate.com
    www.ioffer.comwww.dhgate.com Reviews and Comments
    Popularity: [Popularity for dhgate.com] 300,000 visitors per day on dhgate.com

Website dhgate.com - Visual Diagram
    [Google Chrome Browser Extension. Display a country flag indicating the physical location of the websites you are visiting. Check you are visiting Websites for Viruses/Malware. Hosting Company Owner Information] [Mozilla Firefox Browser Extension. Display a country flag indicating the physical location of the websites you are visiting. Hosting Company Owner Information]

IP Address:
    IP Location: China, Hebei, Langfang
    IP Reverse DNS (Host):
    Www.ioffer.comwww.dhgate.com - Server IP 124.42.15.203, China
    Hosting Company / IP Owner: Langfang Development Area Huarui Xintong Network Technology Co. Ltd
    Owner IP Range: 124.42.0.0 - 124.42.63.255 IP Range Whois for 124.42.15.203
    Owner Address: Langfang University Langfang Development Area
    Owner Country: China
    Owner Phone: +86-13311166160
    Owner Website: www.sinnet.com.cn , www.cnnic.cn , cnc-noc.net , www.cstnet.cn
    Owner CIDR: 124.42.0.0/18
    Whois Record Updated: 13 May 2008

19. green_ugly

green_ugly Guest

I too have been defrauded by a seller called IT-MART on the website DHGATE.com. DHGATE.com will recycle 3 bot-generated responses when you raise a case with them, then ignore you after the 3rd response. meanwhile IT-MART is still listing and operating as usual. The website prioritises sellers more than buyer protection. I would never buy through them again.

20. Happy

Happy Guest

I too was ripped off by Buy them too I bought a whole bunch of products five products first they confirm that payment was good then they cancelled three days later and I have been struggling to get refund back which I probably will not get so I highly recommend that you do not order from this fake shitty website I bought mine with a prepaid MasterCardThe first time I used it I bought 11 items so far I have only received one I got that one so I got excited and went and bought the MasterCard and bought five other things worth $193.50 and now they cancelled the order on me I am having a hell of a time getting a refund back I don't think I'll even get it back so I highly recommend that nobody usesthis company because I think it is I phoney shell company just to get your money or your credit card information so do not buy from them