Anyone knows about dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by slp822, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Hempey

Hempey Guest

They are nothing but liars are thieves I do a highly recommended not ordering one thing from these guys I ordered 11 products the first time I've only received one and it's already been like a month and a half so I got kind of excited went down and got a prepaid MasterCard bought five at their orders they confirm that they got the payment then they turned around and cancelled the ordernow I'm having a hell of a time getting a refund back which I doubt I'll even get they are nothing but liars cheaters thieves and a shell company I think they're just want your Visa card information so they could steal your money or however you pay if you pay by Western Union your bank they're just gonna steal your money so I highly recommend that you do not buy from them

2. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@Hempey please read the posts about this organization. On another website they were given the opportunity to assist one of their customers. One of their customer staff called Fiona tried to pretend that dhgate was ok but she ran away when asked reasonable questions and could not answer questions by customers. They failed very badly in customer support.

I would advice extreme caution when dealing with any Chinese organizations over the internet.
    If there is a problem where would you go to resolve it?
    If you purchase locally you can always go to the store and sort out any problems but when dealing with an organization from overseas this opportunity is not there.

The joy of a cheap price soon evaporates when you receive the wrong thing or a load of rubbish.

3. so here's my review on site as an average person who just likes deals:
    I've been using eBay for 4 years and loved it but recently made the "risk" of using DHGate. I'd heard all the horror stories. When you google them it's basically all negative. Thank God I didn't listen to them.
    I've had great support from DHGate and no issues with refunds and actually gotten coupons from support because a Seller was taking a while to respond. Most of the time you can get a product from DHGate for cheaper than EBay WITH tracking. I'm in Canada and recently packages began taking very long (8 weeks) so getting something in 2 weeks is Very Very Nice.
    I don't like that they don't use PayPal but have had no issues with Credit Card so far and had all refunds with 3 days. You have to realize when getting "amazing deals" the quality may not be as good. I think of the site as a larger Dollar Store. They offer great deals and great products just do research before on product and use Sellers who have high feedback and transaction records.

Don't knock it till you try it. And maybe don't try it for the first time with a $300 purchase like a crazy person...

4. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@ GetWhatYouPayFor. I read your post with interest. Lets look at some points made.

"When you google them it's basically all negative." I would think there is a reason for this.
    "I don't like that they don't use PayPal" Now why would PayPal not deal with them ?
    "and had all refunds with 3 days" It seems you are the only one, according to reviews.
    "You have to realize when getting "amazing deals" the quality may not be as good." In other words they are selling cheap rubbish.

I have never purchased from them, however I was a global moderator on 419legal.com before they closed. In this position I conversed with a DHGATE representative and as mentioned earlier Their customer service representative " Fiona" Promised a lot but ran away when it was time to look after some of their customers. With promises broken.

She is welcome to post here if she is prepared to help the customers who are unhappy. Lets see if DHGATE will in fact help their customers who are unhappy and out of pocket after losing their money with this organization.

As has been said " By their DEEDS ye shall know them "