David Newton, City Lotto International, UK

V

vamp_woman

Hey guys,
for two days now I am investigating this City Lotto Scan and discovered some really got revelations.
I received this e-mail:
CITY LOTTO INTERNATIONAL PROMO, UNITED KINGDOM.

Reference Number: CLUK/475061725
Batch Number: 7056490902/188
Serial Numb: 7917/06

Attn:

I am Mr. David Newton, the Claims Director assigned to the claims of your won funds. I wish to congratulate you and say you are a lucky person to have won this prize award of £500,000.00 GBP (Five Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds) as awarded by the City Lotto International, U.K.

You are required to fill the given form below to facilitate the processing of your claims and certificate, which will lead to the payment of your won prize to you as required. You are also to send a copy of your International Passport or Drivers License. If you do not have any of these, you can send your National Identity Card or any other form of Identification.

Upon receipt of the filled form, I will send it to the Verification Unit/Department for further processing and documentation of all your details information into the company central database. After all due processes, I would keep you posted on the procedure to take to get your won funds remitted to you as appropriate.

You are hereby advised to send your Filled Form and Scanned Identification via Email or fax. All claims procedures must be completed early to avoid disqualification.

Once again we say congratulations and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Mr. David Newton,
For Mrs. Rachel Fodd (Foreign operations personnel)
Phone: +44-7045-768-012
+44-7045-768-007
Fax: +44-7006-094-639

WINNER'S VERIFICATION FORM
WINNER'S PERSONAL DATA
First Name: -------------------
Middle Name: ------------------
Last Name: -------------------
Date of Birth: ------------------
Marital Status: -----------------
Nationality: --------------------
Religion: -----------------------
Address 1: ---------------------
City: --------------------------
State/Province: -----------------
Zip Code: ----------------------
Mobile phone No: ----------------
House Phone No: -----------------
Fax No: ------------------------
Email Address: -------------------

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PICK A MODE OF REMITTANCE OF YOUR WON FUNDS:
1. Telegraphic Bank transfer: (Provide:- Bank Name, Bank Address, Bank Account Number and Swift/IBAN Code),
OR
2. Courier delivery: (Provide:- Current Permanent Resident Address)

Me being a suspicious person hurried up to check in the web if this thing is official, as there is sth really strange about it. Alright I won a great prize, however they were posting me from hotmail accounts in 6 in the morning central European time, please...there should be something wrong.
Then I saw in the web that there are hundreds of tricked people all around the globe and decided to contribute with little information so prevent other people from catching this story.
Be aware of those e-mails:
diretor_davidnewton@hotmail.co.uk
ianwilliams@citylotto.co.uk
citylottopromouk@yahoo.com.hk

I wrote them an e-mail, never received reply to it, however I got just another scam/spam:

Sequel to your email received, note that we are a company working with laid down policy as given by the British Gaming Board, London.

Apparently, I wish to inform/explain to your how this funds was awarded to you. In the draw of the City Lotto International program held in London, your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 454-75632545-299 with Serial number 7917/06 won you a total sum of 500,000.00 GBP (Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) in cash credited to file C/7450118308/89. From the total cash prize shared amongst eight lucky winners in the second category of our prize award.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot draw system drawn from Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in UK as indicated in our play coupon. In view of this, your won funds of 500,000.00 GBP (Five Hundred Thousand Great Britain pounds) was assigned to be released to you by me (The accredited claims director) in the payment center here in London.

I had to immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds to you as much as you make positive and regular contact with me. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money transferred to a designated bank account of your choice. This is a part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned.

Note that all claim process and clearance procedures must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation arising to the issue of double claim.

You are however urged to immediately fill and return the winner's verification form for further processing of your won funds.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program.

Best regards,

Mr. David Newton,
For Mrs. Rachel Fodd (Foreign operations personnel)
Phone: +44-7045-768-012
+44-7045-768-007
Fax: +44-7006-094-639

So according to this e-mail they are a reputable company working with a permit given by British Gaming Board, London. It sounds so justifying. However if you google British Gaming Board, you will pop up only fraudery reported.
Just wondering if there is a way to trace those people and stop them. Obviously there are doing this for many years, because I read in the net blogs that are as old of 2005/6, So there are quite a lot of people sufering from this criminals.
If you know a way of stopping those people please let me know.
my e-mail is : vamp_woman2003@yahoo.com
Thanks guys,
Don't be fooled
money never comes as easy as 500 000 GBP.