EAHA rwanda is it a fake NGO

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by lilian, Jun 16, 2015.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. lilian

lilian Guest

hi
    i recently applied for a job in East Africa Humanitarian Association (EAHA) an NGO that will be based in Rwanda and its HQ will be Nairobi. The problem is that they require us to pay a fee for work permit.

2. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lilian welcome to AFI. You have not given us much to go on but you should never have to pay to get a job.

Another red flag is if they want you to pay via Western union or money gram.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

They also don't have much of a web presence.

4. Gibs

Gibs Guest

The NGO is legit as i have recently seen their offices and have now online presence. Was worried about paying but found out they are reliable. www.EAHA.coke

5. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

@ Gibs - That website does not exist. Did you go inside those offices? How did you find out or what makes you think that they are reliable.

6. Saratuki

Saratuki Guest

I have been to their office at westlands arcade. I think they r for real

7. Sapphire's Strike

Perhaps somebody can post emails or email addresses this company uses? The company's phone number would be good too.

8. kamporira

kamporira Guest

this is the website of the company
    http://www.eaha.co.ke and email is eahumanitarianassociation@gmail.com
    phone number is +254737016204 the company name is EAST AFRICA HUMANITARIAN ASSOCIATION

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  9. Sapphire's Strike

That website is days old. Why would a site holder send emails out via a free email provider ie. Google mail? On their contact page it states the contact email address is info@eaha.co.ke and NOT gmail.

On their website they claim that they have the following funders:

UNITED NATIONS
    WORLD BANK
    CANADIAN UNION

I would check those facts out before parting with any money for Visa's. I would also contact any government body, for example Company Incorporations or similar to check if this company is registered and/or holds any necessary certificates etc

There is nothing on the web for EAST AFRICA HUMANITARIAN ASSOCIATION, that I personally find strange.

10. kamporira

kamporira Guest

advise us how to go on this situation coz we have given out the money and there is no response so far. then they told us they will call us for the medical test and not yet??

11. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

What money did you pay out and why? You have to pay for a medical test?

12. renixy

renixy Guest

Hi, everyone, am employed by the organization and i have facts about its existence, its a genuine Organization only that its new. Its is a registered and we can arrange to send you the documents of proof if needed.

13. rwaddy

rwaddy Guest

I Personally work with East African Humanitarian Association In Kigali office Union Trade Center Building Avenue De La Paix.We are 8 staff now, Staff recruited from outside Rwanda should have work permit foreigners ID and should be medically fit.

14. De Master Yoda

Hi Renixy. In the interest of fair play I have allowed your comment.

Please present your verifiable proof in a sensible manner. I will be interested to see you answer the questions raised so far.

Renixy. If you read the rules you will see that posting with more than one username is not allowed.

Posting as Renixy and Rwaddy.
    Strike 1.

15. renixy

renixy Guest

That is ok and i look forward to them.

16. De Master Yoda

Not looking good =

What is the Ksh 13,000. for? It should never require a potential employee to pay any money to get a job.
    Strike 2.

17. De Master Yoda

I look forward to reading the answers to the many questions about these people on the internet.

PLEASE NOTE

Upon successful selection, each candidate is expected to have/acquire:

1. A work permit which goes for RWF 50000 (Ksh 8050)
    2. An Identity card RWF 5000 (Ksh 850), and
    3. A medical test from Recruiter Specified Accredited Center Ksh 4500
    Please show how this figure is arrived at as most work permits cost Fee is Kshs. 5,000/= per year or part thereof.

18. renixy

renixy Guest

The 13,000 is the work permit fee, id card fee as it appears at the website www.kenya.embassy.gov.rw and medical test of ksh 4,500 which is not limited to our hospital or clinic. Haggai Rabongo is not part of Enterprenuel Development Center(EDC) as stated.

I advice that you consult more before posting, 'http://www.kenya.embassy.gov.rw' check at the website,www.kenya.embassy.gov.rw. We mentioned accredited center because we needed specific tests that some hospitals and clinics don't have, however we accept test from successful candidates who have medical insurance from other hospitals on condition of specific tests. We have an email info@eaha.co.ke

We still look forward answering all the question that arises.

19. Sapphire's Strike

@renixy - How do you explain the above claim by a guest please?

20. De Master Yoda

Renixy do you have a land line phone number as +254737016204 seems to be a mobile number.

Can you tell me the permit class letter ID that the jobs refer to. From A to M which one do you use?