Elena, in need of a stove and sleeping bags

Discussion in 'Donation Appeal scams' started by basenji, Dec 17, 2008.

1. basenji

basenji Administrator Staff Member

Return-Path: <[elenadda@eposta.ru]>
    X-Greylist: Passed host: 89.245.129.24 [Germany, Wuppertal, Versatel]
    Received: from 87.123.29.200 [Germany, Berlin, Versatel]
    To: <[elenadda@eposta.ru]>
    Sent: Thursday, December 11
    Subject: Hi

Hi,

My name is Elena, I have 32 year and I live in Russia. I work in library
    and after my work I allowed to use computer when it possible.
    I finded your email and I decide to write you this letter.

I have 7 year old daughter, her father abandoned us and we live with my
    mother.

Due to crisis recently my mother lost job and our situation became very
    difficult.

Price for heating our home is very high and we cannot afford it anymore.

The winter is coming and we weather become colder each day. We don't know what to do. We need portable stove which give heat from burning wood. We have many wood in our region, but we cannot buy this stove in local market
    because it cost equivalent of 192 Euro and very expensive for us.

Therefore I decided to appeal to you for help. If you have any old sleeping bags, I will be very grateful to you if you can donate it for us and send to our address:

Elena Galitsyna,
    Ulica Kirova 25-54,
    Kaluga, 248000
    Russia.

We will be sleep in the sleeping bags and we will be in warm.

May be it is dangerous to put pictures to internet, but I downloaded our picture to free website and you can see it at:

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009.

Elena.

2. Jane Dough

Jane Dough Moderator Staff Member

Elena, trying to stove things

It's that time of the year

Return-Path: <[elenfegal@ysmail.ru]>
    X-Greylist: Passed host: 81.228.9.185 [Sweden, Stockholm, Telia Network Services]
    To: [elenaga@ysmail.ru]
    Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009

Hello,

My name is Elena, I have 32 years and I write you from Russian province. I work in library and I can use computer after my work when possible. I finded your address in internet and decided to write you this desperate letter.

I have daughter Angelina, she is 8 years, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother.

Due to financial crisis recently my mother lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas and electricity is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heating our home anymore.

The winter is coming and weather becoming colder each day. We very afraid and we don't know what to do.

The only accessible way for us to heat our home is to use portable oven which work with burning wood. We have enough wood in our region and this oven will heat our home all winter for minimal charges.

Unfortunately, we cannot buy such oven in our city because it price equivalent of 191 Euro and very expensive for us.

If you have any old portable oven and in case you don't use it anymore, we will be very grateful to you if you can donate it to us and organize transport of this oven to our address (200km from Moscow). This ovens are different, usually they made from cast iron.

I will be waiting your answer.

Elena and my family.
    Russia

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

Elena, send money or wood

From Elena
    Return-Path: <elenalist@ysmail.ru>
    Received: from 90.237.200.26, Sweden, Telia Network Services, [abuse@telia.com]
    To: [inoarzqxa@msn.com]
    Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009

Hallo,

My name is Elena, I have 32 year and I apply to you from small Russian city. I employment in town bibliotheca and I can use computer after work when possible. Our position is very difficult and I decided to send you this desperately letter.

I having daughter Angelina - 8 years old, her father leaved us and we live with my mother.

As effect of deep crisis lately my mother losed job (market where she worked was ruined) and our situation became terrible.

Cost for gas and electricity is very high in our town and we can not use it to heat our home any more.

Temperature is very cold already in our region. We very much disquieted and we donot know what we can to do.

Only possible way for us to heating our home is to use transportable wood-firing oven which giving heating from burning wood. We have a lot of wood in our city and this oven will heatin our house during all winter for minimal cost.

Unfortunately, we can not purchase this oven in our local shop since it monetary value 8103 roubles (equival. of 191 EUR) and we cannot afford it.

If you possess any old portable wood-firing oven and if you stoped to use it, we will be very thankful if you could donate it for us and organize ship this oven to our house (175 km from capital of Russia). That oven can be differ , they can be built from cast iron and weight 100 - 150kg.

I hope that you write me back.

Elena, my daughter and my mother.
    Russia

4. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Guest

Message to Belgium

Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:20:03 +0100
    Subject: Message to Belgium

Hi,

My name is Elena, I am 33 years and I live in small Russian city. I work in library and I can use computer after my work when possible. I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have a 8 years daughter Angelina, her father left us and we live with my mother.

Due to financial crisis my mother unexpected lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas and electricity is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.

The winter is coming and weather becoming colder each day. We are very afraid and we don't know what to do.

The only possible way for us to heat our home is to use a portable oven which work with burning wood. We have many wood in our region and this oven will heat our home all winter for minimal charges.

Unfortunately, we cannot buy this oven in our town because it cost equivalent of 191 Euro and very expensive for us.

If you have any old portable wood burning oven and in case you don't use it anymore, we will be very grateful to you if you can donate it to us and organize transport of this oven to our home.
    We are located in central part of Russia, 180km from Moscow.

Please let me know if you can help and I will write you our home address.

From all my heart I wish you a Merry Christmas. I wish that the New 2010 Year will bring you hapiness and all your dreams come true!

Elena and my family.

5. pidiscovery

pidiscovery Guest

Elena- Sent to US

Subject: Hello
    Sent: Sat 12/05/09 8:37 PM

Hi,

My name is Elena, I have 33 year and I live in a little Russian town. I work in library and I can use computer after my work when possible. I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have a 8 years daughter Angelina, her father leaved us and we live with my mother.

Due to financial crisis my mother unexpected lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas and electricity is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.

The winter is coming and weather becoming colder each day. We are very afraid and we don't know what to do.

The only possibility for us to heat our home is to use a portable oven which work with burning wood. We have many wood in our region and this oven will heat our home all winter for minimal charges.

Unfortunately, we cannot buy this oven in our local market because it cost equivalent of 191 Euro and very expensive for us.

If you have any old portable wood burning oven and in case you don't use it anymore, we will be very grateful to you if you can donate it to us and organize transport of this oven to our home.

From all my heart I wish you a Merry Christmas. I wish that the New 2010 Year will bring you hapiness and all your dreams come true!

Elena and my family.

6. Axiary

Axiary Guest

The same message than the previous one:

Elena (elefedg@ysmail.ru)
    Sent : sam. 05/12/09 22:19
    To : [jonwzbx@msn.com] (<<< btw, this is not my email adress!)

Hi,

My name is Elena, I'm 33 years old and I live in small Russian city. I work in library and I can use computer after my work when possible. I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have a 8 years daughter Angelina, her father left us and we live with my mother.

The only possible way for us to heat our home is to use a portable oven which work with burning wood. We have many wood in our region and this oven will heat our home all winter for minimal charges.

Unfortunately, we cannot buy this oven in our town because it cost equivalent of 191 Euro and very expensive for us.

Elena and my family.

7. Templar

Templar Super Moderator

Guys,

Whilst knowing that this is a scam, the message is some what disturbing.

Been to Russia and know such cases do truely exist, and little we can do about it.

Perhaps, we can all do our part this Christmas and do something for someone we know that is less fortunate.

CV