Finance Houses

Discussion in 'Thank You!' started by Garreg Ddu, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Garreg Ddu

Garreg Ddu Gweinyddwr Staff Member

yes, we do get thanks from Banks and other Financial Institutions when we help them to track down frauds and save them money! Here is an example from PayPal:

Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 12:10 AM
    To: "Garreg Ddu" <********@*****.***>
    Subject: RE: - Your recent report to PayPal (KMM106742886V67795L0KM) :kf1

Hello Garreg Ddu,

Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it
    was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By
    reporting the problem, you've made a difference!

Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other
    personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn
    more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.

Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to
    spoof@paypal.com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity
    theft.

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your
    extra effort.

Thanks,

PayPal

This email is sent to you by the contracting entity to your User
    Agreement, either PayPal Ince, PayPal Pte. Ltd or PayPal (Europe) S.à
    r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions, Registered Office:
    5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118

2. Garreg Ddu

Thanks from NatWest Bank UK after a "Phish" attack

Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 2:55 PM
    To: Garreg Ddu
    Subject: Thank you for your email

Thank you for sending on the suspected scam email you recently received.

We are committed to tackling the threat of financial crime, ensuring that your online banking experience is as safe and secure as possible. Our efforts are focused on taking appropriate action against those responsible for scam emails.

How to spot scam emails

Scam emails will often ask you to verify or confirm your account or online banking details
    Scam emails may convey a sense of urgency by threatening to discontinue your service
    As fraudsters are unlikely to know your name, scam emails are often addressed with an impersonal greeting such as ‘Dear Valued Customer’
    Scam emails may contain poor spelling or grammar, or other unusual language
    Fraudsters can disguise website links in emails to make them appear genuine - don’t trust these

Remember
    We will never ask for your security and personal details by email.

If you do receive a scam email again,

Do not follow any website links or click on any attachments
    Forward it to phishing@natwest.com
    Delete all scam emails from your mailbox

What else can you do?
    For further information on keeping you, your computer and your money safe, please visit our Security Centre at natwest.com/security

Thank you

National Westminster Bank Plc, Registered in England No. 929027. Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3UR.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.
    Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. National Westminster Bank Plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by National Westminster Bank Plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

3. Bill4

Bill4 Ninja

That's very nice of them, just the kind of thing that keeps you going after the next one. A job well done :cool:

I killed a few fake banks and websites and always sent the original owner/bank/company an email to tell them about my findings and report. Must be my bad English, I never heard a word back, yet :D
    I guess I have to try harder the next time.

4. Garreg Ddu

Finacial regulators say "thank you" as well

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:28 AM
    To: <*********@******.***>
    Subject: RE: Contact Us form submission, ISS00982145

Our Ref: .ISS00982145

In order that we can deal with this matter as quickly as possible please do not delete the Subject line of this email when you reply. You can add further wording to it but please do not Remove "ISS00982145".

Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your email dated 4 April 2009.

I have checked the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) Register of authorised firms www.fsa.gov.uk/register and can confirm that Reality National Bank is not authorised by the FSA. By law, banks carrying on business in the UK must be authorised by the FSA. If you do business with a firm that is NOT authorised, you will NOT get the protection of the UK complaints and compensation schemes.

Further information

The FSA has warned the public about many unauthorised internet banks. These are listed on our website at www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/internet.shtml. However, even if a firm is not on the list, consumers should still always check the FSA Register to be sure that they are dealing with a genuine bank. Also, you can find more information on online fraud at http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/news/scams/online_fraud.html.

For guidance on how consumers can protect themselves against internet threats (such as online fraud, viruses, spam emails and spyware) you may wish to visit www.getsafeonline.org.

How we will use the information you have provided to the FSA

We welcome information which could highlight wider concerns that could affect our regulatory activities, and the information you have provided will be looked at by the relevant department within the FSA. Please note that we will only contact you again if we require further information from you. I would like to thank you for taking the time to prepare and send your email to us.

I trust this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

P B****** (Mr)
    Customer Contact Centre
    Retail Markets Business Unit

Let us know what you think of the service provided by the Customer Contact Centre by sending your comments to: FCCFeedback@fsa.gov.uk

5. Templar

Templar Super Moderator

A wee bit late, :)

from CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT <customer_service@rhbbank.com.my>
    to XX
    subject Fradulent Internet Bank Spoof
    mailed-by rhbbank.com.my

Dear Mr X,

Reference is made to your email dated 30 January 2010 which we received via BNMtelelink.

We truly appreciate your concern and time taken by your goodself in highlighting this matter to our attention. Kindly be advised that our IT department has attended to this matter with high priority.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Santhanamary Ramien

Group Resolution Management

5367230/FIF

6. Templar

Templar Super Moderator

from Veronica Weir <veronicaweir@premierfunds.co.uk>
    to X
    date Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    subject RE: [#RFV-489239]: Fraudulent Spoof Site - http://pawealth.net

hide details 4:29 PM (12 minutes ago)

X,

Thank you very much for your assistance on getting this closed down, much appreciated,

With regards
    Veronica

Veronica Weir
    Compliance Officer

Eastgate Court,
    High Street,
    Guildford,
    Surrey GU1 3DE
    Tel:
    Mobile:
    E-mail:
    Web: +44 (0)1483 400432