Global Bank & Securities Ltd. Online

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by Marjorie, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Marjorie

Marjorie Guest

I'm concerned as to whether this is a real bank or a scam.

2. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@Marjorie welcome to AFI. A search comes up with:globalbscintl.com is 1 year 11 months old. It is a domain having .com extension. This website is estimated worth of $ 8.95 and have a daily income of around $ 0.15

Can you please give us more details to enable us to check further? Do you have a link to the website of the bank?

Has some one you do not know contacted you offering money etc?

3. Marjorie

Marjorie Guest

An account has been opened in my name and money is requested to enable me to access the funds in the account. Is this safe?

Thank you for your reply.
    An account was opened in my name with funds deposited in it. I was asked to wire a great deal of money to a different domestic bank as a protocol to gain access to the funds in my account.
    I found the same information you did when I googled the bank name.

A link to the website of the bank is:
    http://globalbscintl.com/about.html

4. De Master Yoda

@Marjorie. No it is NOT safe.
    "money is requested to enable me to access the funds in the account" Why? no money should be needed to receive any money, it is a scam to steal money from you.

"I was asked to wire a great deal of money to a different domestic bank as a protocol to gain access to the funds in my account."
    A typical scam request. if they have so much money to send you why would they be ASKING for you to send them money? If you send any money you will lose it and NEVER receive any money back, it is a clear scam.

Please NEVER send any money to people you have met over the internet as you will lose it.
    Thank you.

5. De Master Yoda

My security settings would not allow access to this spam website. Yet another red flag.

Website Blocked
    http://globalbscintl.com/about.html

To keep you secure online, access is blocked to websites categorized as Spam URLs. This setting can be changed in the Sophos Home Dashboard.

6. Marjorie

Marjorie Guest

if you click in the window and enter these credentials you will likely gain access:
    customer
    access

7. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

This is a scam Marjorie. The question is, how did it begin? Who sent you an email telling you that someone was going to give you a lot of money?

8. toper01

toper01 Moderator Staff Member

Odd,the site link goes nowhere for me,not blocked,just no site by that name shows in a search.A search on the domain name,gives the owner,address,and phone number,in the US,but the contact email is for Switzerland.The supposed owner,and address, traces to a legit female photographer in Vermont,she's very active on social media and has her own website,also has a small business selling beauty products.

9. De Master Yoda

There is a something odd about this particular site. I suspect the scammers are trying to use someone else's site.

Different results are showing depending how the name is typed, whether it has a / or other words attached to it. Nevertheless as it is now, it seems to be a fake.

10. SmartOne

SmartOne Guest

Marjorie, what is the name of the man that you’ve been communicating with that is trying to scam you out of money? Just curious, because the same thing is happening to my sister right now and I’m trying to convince her that it’s a scam. Was just curious if you might be communicating with the same man.