Helen Whittaker, American in Iraq

Discussion in 'Military scams' started by Hua Mulan, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

From: 103.27.225.11, [​IMG] Australia, Melbourne, Zero2Infinity
    Return-Path: <servizioclienti@telecomitalia.it>
    Message-ID: <593D35C505A9D45F@smtp218t-alice.cp.alice.it> (added by postmaster@tim.it)
    Reply-To: <mshelenwhittaker@yahoo.com>
    From: "Ms Helen Whittaker"<servizioclienti@telecomitalia.it>
    Subject: Business Proposal
    Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017

Hello Dear,

I am a US military personal currently stationed in Iraq. I have 3 boxes which contains high price valuables. I would like to ship these boxes to you for safe keeping until my tour ends in Iraq. I know we have never met each other but it will be best for me to ship these boxes out of Iraq before i loose out. More information about the content of the box would be given to you upon your response/request.

Sincerely,
    MLW

2. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Return-Path: <servizioclienti@telecomitalia.it>
    Received: from (EHLO smtp220t-alice.cp.alice.it) (82.57.200.125)
    Reply-To: <mshelenwhittaker@yahoo.com>
    From: "Ms Helen Whittaker"<servizioclienti@telecomitalia.it>
    Subject: Proposal
    Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017

Hello Dear, I am a US military personnel currently stationed in Iraq. This might scare you a bit but trust me its 100% risk free and i know we have never met before. I have 3 boxes which contains high price valuables. I would like to ship these boxes to you for safe keeping until my tour ends in Iraq. Can i trust you? More information about the content of the box would be given to you upon your response/request. Your's Truly, Helen Whittaker.

3. I got one a little different:

Helen Whittaker <servizioclienti@telecomitalia.it>
    Nov 1 at 5:15 PM

Hello dear

I hope all is well? I am a U.S. Army personnel currently stationed in Iraq. I want to ship 3 boxes of cash which are expected to remain entrusted to you for keeps until I come over to join you.

Can you handle this?

Sincerely
    Maj. Helen W.

4. rob c

rob c Guest

i got this one today... lol

I hope all is well? I am a U.S. Army personnel currently stationed in Iraq. I want to ship 3 boxes of cash which are expected to remain entrusted to you for keeps until I come over to join you.

Can you handle this?

Sincerely in TRUST
    Maj. Helen

5. shortstoplee

shortstoplee Guest

Knowing it was a scam I emailed her back and asked how I could help, this was the reply...

Hello Dear,

Thanks for your response mail and its swiftness is appreciated. Let me formally introduce myself to you before i proceed, I am from 1st Marines division 1978 West Point graduate E12 MAG presently stationed in Iraq 'Camp Adder' for a peace keeping mission. I found your email address through my military tracking device, i am contacting you by your email however, I feel it’s best and more convenient for me to explain why I am contacting you. I choose using the email for reason of assured privacy and its suitability for recall of content. So coming via the internet medium, I hope you are not misconstruing the content of this mail to be from one among those of the invasion of the internet world by dishonest people But this However I will remain wary and cautious while sending this message to you until I an convinced you quite understand its importance and get this treated with urgent attention and confidentiality it deserves.I am holding back specifics for security reasons until you revert with a confirmation of a visit to or a view of the news websites below which are entitled to historical background and insight on subject matter.

https://www.rferl.org/a/110303 2.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/mid dle_east / 2988455.stm (BBC)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/25/60II/main690763. shtml (CBS NEWS)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/1428506/Troops-tempted-by-Saddams-780m-hoard.html

Although the funds in question have been of public knowledge long before now but what remains secret to public is the identity of those officers that were involved in counting and protection of the recovered funds by US army. It will interest you to know that I am one of the US army officers who were entrusted with the responsibility of counting and moving the seized funds reported in the news stories. I was one of the five officers questioned by military authorities as also reported in the above news story. All I can say for now When that I am a Major in the US Army. When we left Iraq after the end of war, I sought out different ways and reason to leave from Afghanistan to Iraq, until the most recently when American sold were sent back to Iraq.I will only give further details about our intended partnership when you assure me never to go public with message content. I will like to share more information about my personal involvement that led to my keeping aside a big stash of cash. fellow who can keep a secret and be sincere I want to ship 3 boxes containing huge sum of cash over ($ 10m) to you through a trusted security company. I will rather duel more on the issue of trust, honesty, reliability and your capability to handle it at your end without compromising on the confidentiality it deserve instead of mentioning the real amount to be shipped. Simply put, I have no fraudulent intentions towards you, the essence of this message is strictly for our mutual benefit and nothing more.I do assure you that we both stand to gain enormously from an uncommon transaction of this nature. I will be vivid and explicit with details in my next message which will be be able to get you get more facts. But before I do so I will appreciate your giving me the needed info by doing the followings:

1. Confirm if any / all 4 international news links above have been visited / viewed successfully.
    2. Confirm your understanding of my intention to send the funds to you based on trust.
    Promise to let our partnership remain a secret between us.
    4. Provide me with your complete names, complete physical address, phone number (s), your age and profession / occupation. (Kindly note that your information will never be shared or used at a public level and will be treated in the strictest confidence ).

Please note that time is of the essence, I have waited far too long, I need to act now. All requests 1-4 above needs to be complied with as they are meant to assist in dispatch of the boxes / consignment to you and also While waiting to get your response I plead once again that you share this proposal on mutual collaboration with no one. Attached to this email is my Military Identity Card for Proof / Confirmation to you.

Sincerely & truly,
    MAJ. Helen Whittaker.