Horse selling/buying scams

Discussion in 'Animal Scams' started by Miyuki, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Some friends of mine are having problems with scammers trying to send them fake checks so I made this so that they can post them here.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Here`s the one that I got !!

The scammer email that I got was from 2 names "kevin holk and kevin holcomb both email addresses were at yahoo.com. "<kevinholk@yahoo.com> & kevin <holcomb@yahoo.com>.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  3. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

"kevin holk and kevin holcomb" scammers!

Hi, thank you for your post. A search of the two names have not returned any results at this stage, this is not surprising as the scammers use many false names.
    A search of "google ' 'horse scams' reveals 400 sites, so you can see that there is a lot of scamming going on in the 'horse' business.

Here is a link to a site that you may be interested in, it gives some information and advice about these types of scams.

http://www.equibus.com/index.asp?pageid=73

And another, with examples of some scams. - http://whinny.org/sellerscaution.htm

It is encouraging to see that the equine community is posting these sites to help their fellow 'horse' people.

I have put the names of the two scammers in the top strip, so that the search engines will pick them up and any one searching for those two names will see them and be aware they are scammers.
    If you would like to post a copy of the emails you received, we can look into this further, If you do this then please remove any personal details before posting, thank you.

4. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

More horse scammers

<emmasungs@yahoo.com>
    <drcolemanconsultants@yahoo.co.uk> Dr Robert Coleman
    <Katewilliams144@yahoo.com> (She claims to be from California)
    <susan_lewis01@hotmail.com>
    <berryjohnwaltz@aol.com>

5. KTS

KTS Samurai

I am gonna have some fun buying non-existing horses :D

Anyone here up for a horse meat taco run??

6. bawelna

bawelna New Member

Horse Scammers

THIS ONE CLAIMS TO BE FROM NEW JERSEY, USA:

THIS ONE FROM WISCONSIN. USA

THIS ONE FROM FLORIDA, USA

THIS ONE CLAIMED TO BE FROM MISSISSIPPI:

THIS WAS A HORSE FROM ARIZON, US AND THEN FROM UK:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  7. Groomergirl

Groomergirl New Member

Freision Horse

I answered an add on horseville and the person I was e-mailing to has bad english. She has pushed me through a sale on this horse and the horse is now currently at a delivery place. The seller said I would not have to pay till delivery but the delivery place (Amazing animal express) says I have to western union money for delivery. I find that odd so I have looked into the delivery place and can not find it on the web. But he e-mailed me with the web page. Finding this site I have been educated on this place a little more. But i also feel maybe their is a horse somewhere waiting for me. I have googled her name and found her at an adoption site for kids. She claims she is preg. and want to give it up for adoption. She also told me she was too old to ride the horse, theirfore selling him. Help Groomergirl

8. bawelna

bawelna New Member

There is no horse! It's all scam! Web pages are fake/ fraudulent. Any time you are asked to pay via Western Union it's a sign of a scam. If you did find an adoption site for kids from them, please post it here. It's probably a part of a larger scam on line. Would be nice if you posted all info from scammer's e-mails to help others avoid being ripped off.

9. Groomergirl

Groomergirl New Member

10. horseman

horseman New Member

horse scammer

I have received three email responses for my horse ad. All three are similar if not identical in headers and endings, context and style, and grammatical errors. My advertising site reports they have had many such scammer attempts on their customers. Below are the email addresses for this prolific culprit.

jonagibson@yahoo.com.
    nadinecamp212@yahoo.de
    dtang36@gmail.com.

I responded to the first, the reply left me skeptical. There were no further questions about the horse, just the offer to purchase and send not only the full asking price but an additional $3000 for me to arrange overseas shipment. Upon my reply asking numerous questions as to method of shipment, shipping destination address, and related information I was told the check is in the mail, but his pregnant wife fell down the stairs and a subsequent examination also revealed breast cancer and the need for surgery. I never received the check, nor had further communication, but got the other two queries not long after. The latter claims to be Sgt Derek Tang of the National Air Guard 154th Security Squadron, a legitimate outfit which refdered me to the Ripoff Report site as well as this one. I discovered by search Sgt Tang is involved in rental property scams as well. Anyone having information about an investigation, or where to go to initiate one, please post it here as I would like to contribute the information I have.

Gracias

Horseman

11. horseman

horseman New Member

horse scammer

I have received three email responses for my horse ad. All three are similar if not identical in headers and endings, context and style, and grammatical errors. My advertising site reports they have had many such scammer attempts on their customers. Below are the email addresses for this prolific culprit.

[jonagibson@yahoo.com].
    [nadinecamp212@yahoo.de]
    [dtang36@gmail.com].

I responded to the first, the reply left me skeptical. There were no further questions about the horse, just the offer to purchase and send not only the full asking price but an additional $3000 for me to arrange overseas shipment. Upon my reply asking numerous questions as to method of shipment, shipping destination address, and related information I was told the check is in the mail, but his pregnant wife fell down the stairs and a subsequent examination also revealed breast cancer and the need for surgery. I never received the check, nor had further communication, but got the other two queries not long after. The latter claims to be Sgt Derek Tang of the National Air Guard 154th Security Squadron, a legitimate outfit which refered me to the Ripoff Report site as well as this one. I discovered by search Sgt Tang is involved in rental property scams as well. Anyone having information about an investigation, or where to go to initiate one, please post it here as I would like to contribute the information I have.

Gracias

Horseman

Edited to add : Sorry for the double post. Also, the first responder claimed to be from England, the second from Germany, the third from the Persian Gulf on active duty.

12. Annielee

Annielee Samurai

13. Maria1975

Maria1975 New Member

Mrs Maria

I answered an ad for a Frisian horse some time ago, using a fake name and address. Eventually I "discovered" the scam and bowed out. The correspondence was published on a website to the great amusement for all.

These people are now using my fake name as the name for the seller. This is well known: by using "real" names they seem more genuine.

Has anyone come across the concept of mule in these scams? A real bank account is used for local payment; then they scare the shit out of the owner to have the money transferred through Western Union.