Karina Howelt

Discussion in 'Rental scams' started by dlasker, Aug 18, 2010.

1. dlasker

dlasker New Member

Similar but name is Karina Howelt

Thank you for posting this. I have received a similar email although from Karina Howelt. Listed below:

First email:
    Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Karina by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in
    anticipation..hope to hear from you soon.
    Karina

My reply:
    Hello Karina,

I may have a room available, however, I need to know the exact dates
    that you are going to be staying in the US. Also, are you interested
    in a room with a shared bath or a private bath?

2nd email:

Hello ...
    Good to read back from you..Am very happy to hear that the place is available.I will be coming as soon as the place is available for me to move inn and i don't mind that room and share bath room..But the issue is that because of the distance i wont be able to come down to see the place...I will want you to send me some pics so that i can forward it to my step dad so that he can see the place.. Meanwhile let me tell you a little about myself..Am Karina and am 23years old i lost my dad some years back when i was young so my mom had to remarry so she married to Mr Grant howelt... who is my step dad now..He as been the one who has been taking care of me all this while i believe he is a God sent to me cux i have never regretted a moment with him..Things i like are as follows reading,swimming and chatting with people around me and also make them happy..I have always been thinking of how i will affect peoples life positively by making donations to the less privileges cus when i looked at my past when i lost my dad from the story my mom told me..I noticed it is not easy for people that as no parent..Presently i am among the people that donate to (CHARITY HOME) for the support of the motherless home..Although i donate little
    amount, but no amount is too small to help..Well i hope when we meet in person you will know more about me..Meanwhile my step dad will need the followings to make payment to you ASAP..

1.Your name and surname..

2.Address in full with the zip code..

3.Your phone number....

I will wait to have this information's from you so that my step dad can make payment for the rental fee and security deposit in advance..If there is any application you can send it to me so that i can print it out and have it fill then bring it along when am coming over soon..I will want you to consider the room/apt/house rented...Hope to hear from you pretty soon..
    Thanks
    Karina
    [karinahowelt101@gmail.com]

2. Landlord

Landlord Guest

just recieve one too from a Karina Howelt

tHIS IS WHAT THEY WROTE

Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Karina by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of
    international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation..hope to hear from you soon.
    Karina

3. Landlord

I just posted a house for rent in New Hampshire, and received the same email from Karina and her so called father Grant Howelt. Not sure how they end up getting your money, but look forward to seeing how this plays out!

4. Pixie17

Pixie17 New Member

I rented a room in a house in California and a Karina Chowelt responded to the ad with this response:

It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Karina by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation..hope to hear from you soon.
    Karina

5. None

None Guest

Room for Rent Adds

"Karina Vera Howelt" replied to an add on Craigslist with:

"Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation..hope to hear from you soon...
    Vera"

After more information is given:

"Hello ...
    Good to read back from you..Am very happy to hear that the place is available...But the issue is that because of the distance i wont be able to come down to see the place...I will want you to send me some pics so that i can forward it to my step dad so that he can see the place..Meanwhile let me tell you a lill about myself..Am Vera am 23years old i lost my dad some years back when i was young so my mom had to remarry so she married to Mr Grant howelt who is my step dad now..He as been the one who has been taking care of me all this while i believe he is a God sent to me cux i have never regretted a moment with him..Things i like are as follows reading,swimming and chatting with people around me and also make them happy..I have always been thinking of how i will affect peoples life positively by making donations to the less privileges cus when i looked at my past when i lost my dad from the story my mom told me..I noticed it is not easy for people that as no parent..Presently i am among the people that donate to Charity homes for the support of the motherless home..Although i donate lill amount, but no amount is too small to help..Well i hope when we meet in person you will know more about me..Meanwhile my step dad will need the followings to make payment to you ASAP..

1.Your name and surname..
    2.Address in full with the zip code..
    3.Your phone number....

I will wait to have this information's from you so that my step dad can make payment for the rental fee and security deposit in advance..If there is any application you can send it to me so that i can print it out and have it fill then bring it along when am coming to the state soon..I will want you to consider the room/apt/house rented to us in case if they ask for rental availablity...Hope to hear from you pretty soon..In case you have yahoo ID you can add me so that we can chat and know more about me..
    Thanks
    Vera"

More info:

"Hello There...
    How are you doing over there...Thanks for getting back to me..I got the information and i have forwarded it to my step dad so that he can look into payment..He will be contacting you shortly either through email or phone so i will want you to attend to him very well...Please be rest assured that i am taking the room..If anyone ask about if the unit is available pls tell them its rent cause i am serious about taking the room...Thank you and have a wonderful day..here is my yahoo id verahowelt@yahoo.com you can use the same yahoo to check me on facebook as Karina Vera Howelt
    Best Regards
    Vera"

Coming from the "Step Dad":

"Hello ___,
    How are you doing and hope every thing is cool...my step daughter contacted me that she secured a space with you...she had sent me your information that the payment would be send to and I've forwarded it to my client to issue out the payment to you so that the space can be secured pending her arrival date...i am not in the state now if not i would have done this today but this is not a problem he promise to get it send to you asap okay...i will keep you posted on when it will get to you....thanks for accommodating my daughter..

Grant"

6. Gordy

Gordy Guest

Same BS - I thought it was fishy

I got a similar post to an ad for a room here in Seattle next to the U of W.

Yes this is BS.

Thanks for having this site. Mch appreciated.

Gordy in Seattle WA

7. bigjill

bigjill Guest

I GOT THE EXACT SAME MESSAGE WORD FOR WORD. Thank goodness for this site! I had the feeling something was not right. Do not give any info to this person.

8. I got this same exact message ! Don't waste your time with this email.