Kelvin Smith

Discussion in 'Rental scams' started by ARB89, Apr 28, 2011.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. ARB89

ARB89 Guest

This Guy is a Lazy good for nothing scum of this earth. He is still around now going by the name of Kelvin Smith. I did recieve the email which is posted below So renters beware!!! If its Too good to be true its Too good to be true and this guy bullies you to make a payment he phoned my house at 7:06Am 8:16Am 9:04Am 10:25AM 3:50pm and finally at 4:55 then i had enough so i told him do You know what you are doing is highly illegal thats as far as it went he hung up lol GET A JOB.

2. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

Personally, the name "Kelvin" spells s-c-a-m-m-e-r to me.

3. travcarp

travcarp New Member

WOW. Close one, thank you guys for posting this. When I seen his post on craigslist around my area (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) I hopped on it immediately as this deal sounded great. I honestly was excited because me and 2 other friends are looking for a house to rent.

I've had a few conversations with this guy so far and it all sounded fishy after the fact that he wants me to send him $1251 via western union to him THAN he will send me the documents with the house papers, keys, etc. So I googled his number "447024065652" and I came across this website!

Here is the current email we are at:
    First let me start off by saying this all feels surreal. Now my only concern is that I have been a victim of fraud online before and it unfortunately has been similar to this. I'd hate to send $1251 (Rent + security deposit) your way only to have it stolen. As you can see my willingness to rent, take care of your property and to maintain it is high. We will need to work out some kind of way to have this happen without me feeling like it's a scam.

To moving in this month, I still have my last month here so we will be living where I am until the end of May. I also checked the pictures, they look nice but they are to small to be honest. Do you have any other pictures? Also I would like to have the exact address so I can check out the house on the outside please. I walked around the area but I was unsure what I was looking for house wise.

Thanks,

On 04/05/2011 Kelvin Smith wrote:
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..
    >
    > However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in London United Kingdom through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.
    >
    > So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.
    >
    > Here are the contents of the document..
    > 1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
    > 2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
    > 3)The property documetary file.
    > 4)Payment Receipt.
    > Here is my contact phone number +447024065652
    >
    > So pls get back to me as soon as you can.. I await your reply ASAP
    >
    > Date: Wed, 4 May 2011
    > To: [kelvinsmith58@hotmail.com]
    > Subject: Re: $750 / 3br - Professional Home (King William St)
    >
    > Oh and I forgot to include the most important part. Please tell me more about you and your journey! I think it would be neat if I could learn more about you and your life.
    >
    > Why did you and your wife move to London to do these programs? How old are you and your wife? What did you do before that? Etc.
    >
    > Looking forward to hearing from you,
    >

> On 04/05/2011 12:58 AM, Kelvin Smith wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
    > Here are details of the property:
    >
    > FEATURES :
    > Laundry
    > Electric Range
    > Electric Heat

> AMENITIES:
    > Air Conditioning
    > Patio/Party Deck
    > Cable TV
    > Ceiling Fans
    > 24 hours Internet service
    > Dishwasher
    > Firepit
    > Garbage Disposal
    > Microwave
    > security alarm
    > Pets Allowed
    > Refrigerator
    > Washer / Dryer
    >
    > Rent: $750 including utilities
    > Security deposit:$500
    > Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.
    >
    > I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
    > =========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
    > PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
    >
    >
    > Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
    > 1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
    > 2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
    > 3)How old are you___________________________ __
    > 4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
    > 5)How many people will be living in the property__ _________________________
    > 6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
    > 7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
    > 8)Occupation ____________ _________________
    > 9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
    > 10)When do you intend to move in ___
    >
    > Here is my contact phone number +447024065652
    > Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > > Date: Tue, 3 May 2011
    > > To: [hous-uryqt-2344712065@craigslist.org]
    > > Subject: $750 / 3br - Professional Home (King William St)
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello this is in response to your ad on craigslist for your "$750 / 3br
    > > - Professional Home (King William St)"
    > > I was wondering if it is still available, if so could I get the exact
    > > address and try to get a showing for Wednesday the 4th or Thursday the 5th?
    > >
    > > There is going to be 3 of us, we are all Mohawk College students. We
    > > have no pets, we like to keep a clean professional atmosphere and are
    > > easy to get along with. 2 of us are currently renting a 2 bedroom
    > > apartment with a lease that is about to expire (Had it for 1 year). So
    > > were looking to upgrade to a 3 bedroom and bring a friend!
    > >
    > > I do have a couple questions. On your ad it does not say if a
    > > fridge/stove is included so I need to ask that. Also is a washer/dryer
    > > included?
    > >
    > > Email me back at @gmail.com as soon as possible.
    > > Thanks a lot!
    > >
    > > http://hamilton.en.craigslist.ca/apa/2344712065.html
    > >
    > > --
    > > This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
    > > only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
    > > of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
    > > to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
    > > any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
    > > is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
    > > notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
    > > the original message.
    > >
    > >
    > >

--
    I will not reveal to him that I know what his end goals are and see how far I can go. I honestly wish I knew who to contact about this because this is outrageous.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

4. FYI, I got the same email and his name has changed to William Gass and his number has changed to 447024033525. Everything else is the same though.

5. Anon

Anon Guest

Will

He is now posting on the Vancouver craigslist and sending the same initial email with the new number. The listing was for an apartment on the UBC campus.

6. Stillwaters

Stillwaters Samurai

Still Around

It seems Kelvin Smith has reappeared as a Sweetheart scammer. I was contacted by him on my Hoverspot.com profile. I will start a new thread in Romance Scams and post as things progress.

7. Kelvin Smith targets Austin

We found a great house on craigslist... wrote the email listed... and of course got this long story about him being somehwere else doing this great work... I told him we did nothing by email or by text, we wanted to talk, he gave us a phone number, but asked for our phone number. I at that point looked up his name. WOW... my gut was right. This freak show is targeting austin. He needs to be arrested and locked away. I dont understand why its ok for them to get away with this stuff. Its truly pathetic!! What can we do? Turn him in? We are going to do that and see if that helps.

BEWARE!

8. kelvin smith fraud in the seattle area 5/2014 ??

Below is the email I received about a too-good-to-be-true house for rent.
    I'm going to follow up with a phone call tomorrow and remove this post if he is legit

----------------------------------------
    Hello,

House Address: 2803 St Graham St, Seattle, WA 98108

4 bed, 2 bath, 1,750 sq ft

Monthly Rent: $600.Security Deposit: $400

Pets : Dogs & Cats only

Brief Description: Charming 4Bed/2Bath in Convenient Location. This charming home is in a very convenient location!Main level Includes:-Large kitchen with dining space-Laundry room with washer/dryer-Full Bathroom-1bedroom-Large joined living and dining room-Large extra storage room with separate back door to yard Second floor includes:-3 additional bedrooms-full bathroom-Large storage closet.

All utilities inclusive in your rent.

If interested i need you to provide me with your telephone number so we can discuss over the phone and It is important that you provide the answers to the below questions.

1. How long will you be living in my home?

2. When precisely will you be moving in?

3. How many people will be living in my home?

If you have any other question(s), feel free to liaise with me.

Anticipating your response.

Warmest Regards,

+447086465291

Smith Kelvin & Family
    ------------------------------------------------------------

and then again, a reply

------------------------------------------------------------
    How are you doing today?, I hope everything is going on pretty well with you.

The main reason of me renting out my house is because i am currently working on a new contract in UK and would be away for 2 years, so i am only looking for responsible tenant who can take good care of my property for me for the 2 years that i would be away.

I never had intentions to rent out my house that is why i traveled to UK with the keys, but on a second thought i realized that it would be better if someone stays there and take good care of it for me than it just being empty for 2 years.You have the address and pictures of my house feel free to go and view the exterior and environment of my house i know you would like it because there is nobody to show you around my house.

Pets: Dogs & Cats Only

The rent is $600 a month and a security deposit of $400, like i said i am not renting out my house because of money i am only looking for responsible people who can take good care of my house for me while i am away and i hope i can trust you with my house.

if interested i need you to fill the rental application and lease agreement form attached to this email and get back to me Asap so we can proceed.

Warmest Regards,
    +447086465291
    Smith Kelvin & Family
    ----------------------------------------

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

This is a key phrase. There is no one to show you around the house because he does not own the house. It is still a scam.

10. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Smith Kelvin & Family.

The Doctor is spot on, it is a scam.

Same scam, different details.
    http://www.pandahi.com/1026926493.html

Scam: 525 Dakota Ave Medford Or 97501

Posting ID : B1026926493
    Date Posted : 2014-04-01
    Category : Apts Housing For Rent

This is a scam, don't let Kelvin and his family fool you LOL:

How are you doing today, i hope everything is going on pretty well with you. The main reason of me renting out my house is because i am currently working on a new contract in UK and would be away for 2 years, so i am only looking for responsible tenant who can take good care of my property for me for the 2 years that i would be away.

I never had intentions to rent out my house that is why i traveled to UK with the keys, but on a second thought i realized that it would be better if someone stays there and take good care of it for me than it just being empty for 2 years.You have the address and pictures of my house feel free to go and view the exterior and environment of my house i know you would like it because there is nobody to show you around my house.

The rent is $500 a month and a security deposit of $300, so if interested i need you to fill the rental application form attached to this email and get back to me Asap.

Warmest Regards,

+447086465291

Smith Kelvin & Family

11. JerryZD366

JerryZD366 Guest

Does any body recognize kevinsmith2544@gmail.com?

12. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

What did you find with a search?