Kelvin Wayne, house rental

Discussion in 'Rental scams' started by Jessica, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Jessica

Jessica Administrator Staff Member

X-SID-PRA: Kelvin Wayne <gjeway@hotmail.com>
    Received: from 82.128.84.204, Nigeria, Multi-Links Telecommunications Limited
    Subject: RE: House rental
    Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to West Africa for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism HIV/AIDS Poverty and Lack of Education the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK Spain, Germany, South Africa, Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

Here are details of the property:
    FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    24 hours Internet service
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $800 including utilities
    Security deposit:$400
    Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
    PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
    1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
    2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
    3)How old are you___________________________ __
    4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
    5)How many people will be living in the apartment __ _________________________
    6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
    7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
    8)Occupation ____________ _________________
    9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
    10)When do you intend to move in ___

Here is my contact phone number +2348060481721 or +2348125107666 Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!
    Kelvin Wayne

2. Casey

Casey Guest

Confirmed

The second he said Western Union I knew it was a scam. Ugh.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..

However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in West Africa through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.

So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.

Here are the contents of the document..
    1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
    2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
    3)The property documetary file.
    4)Payment Receipt.

So pls get back to me as soon as you can..Here is my contact phone number +2348060481721,you can contact me anytime.
    I await your reply ASAP

3. BrandeeA

BrandeeA Guest

This totally sucks I thought this was a good offer then a little bell went off in my head when I read all the info on what was included....and then bam let me google this guy and sure enough here he is...Sucks so much!! But thanks for posting so other people can know!!

4. Pixilated

Pixilated Guest

Kelvin Wayne Strikes Santa Cruz CA

This was the advert on Craigslist...
    2 br. 1.5 bath town house located in a beautiful park-like setting. Walk to the beach or the Capitola Mall! Each unit has a private entrance and is very well maintained and ready to move in!

Unit Amenities
    Balcony, Deck, or Patio Cable-ready Central heat Dining room Dishwasher Living room Refrigerator Stove/Oven

3045 Capitola Road
    Santa Cruz, CA 95062

* cats are OK - purrr
    * dogs are OK - wooof
    * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Ironically I see he replied almost word for word, (save the rental price and deposit, and location traveled to) to what was sent to you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $900 including utilities
    Security deposit:$450
    Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
    =========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
    PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Here is my contact phone number +447024064918
    Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!
    Kelvin Wayne
    ~*~*~*~*~**~

Of course, I was *ACCEPTED* by then the math in my head said, not in this town..
    ~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~

Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..

However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can
    possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in United Kingdom,London through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.

So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.

Here are the contents of the document..
    1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
    2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
    3)The property documetary file.
    4)Payment Receipt.

So pls get back to me as soon as you can..Here is my contact phone number +447024064918,you can contact me anytime.
    I await your reply ASAP

I politely responded that Craigslist states clearly above ALL adverts....
    Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any arrangement involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, or a landlord/owner who is out of the country or cannot meet you in person.

Such a shame, I truly need a new home. The jerk.

5. Ihatescams

Ihatescams Guest

I hate this stupid scam!!!

OMG, I knew it was a scam when I got the same reply above back from him. I'm still very mad knowing there's this kind of people exist...I hope very bad things will happen to them...this guy deserves the worst things

6. MAD_AS_HELL

MAD_AS_HELL New Member

Bad Things have already happened to him! Look at where he lives? look at what he has to do to get money, to eat, etc......he cant afford an education, he cant afford to eat, he cant afford to live somewhere that doesnt have a dirt floor, They look at US as wealthy, STUPID westerners, that are easy to manipulate. They also prey on lonely ppl who belong to dating sites. In the end they ask for money and get it through western union. This is a HUGE operation! Dr. Phil had an episode on internet fraud. Actually located the hub of where these people work out of, its a huge room with wall to wall computers in NIGERIA AFRICA, kind of like a computer cafe, where these people sit on the computer and do this as a job! It was amazing! So please beware! "If it sounds too good to be true then, it probably is too good to be true" As soon as they say AFRICA, or " IM OUT OF THE COUNTRY" its a scam! How we can protect ourselves is to make sure the ads have a local phone number so that we may call and talk to someone and arrange a person to person meeting for an actual showing.
    Be careful out there, theres alot of bad people out there.

7. patsy-jean

patsy-jean Guest

he really thinks we are this stupid???

oh my i thought i was right about this, i recived the same messages and lol what a clown i really hope he finally gets caught i reported him to crime stoppers and i think everyone else should report him as well!

8. same guy did this to me! and he even sent some low quality pictures.

9. ScamVictimsUnited

ScamVictimsUnited New Member

If they want to send you a cashier's check or money order, or mention Western Union or MoneyGram that is the first sign it is a scam.

10. anonymous111

anonymous111 Guest

Word for word... this guy scammed me and I was dumb and didn't realize it until after. Anybody know about compensation through any organization? Makes me sick to my stomach that people exist like this

11. tasha

tasha Guest

scam

ya I got the same e-mail , I had replied from craigslist for a townhouse in Brampton , Ontario . I can't believe that they can even post it without craigslist knowing it is a scam , I have flagged it now so hopefully it will be taken off , so no one gets screwed by this guy !!

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $750 including utilities
    Security deposit:$375

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
    PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Here is my contact phone number +447024064918

Cheers!

12. slenklee45

slenklee45 New Member

If they are sending you money how can they turn it on you for a scam? Does the check never come? Is the check no good? I dont understand how that can work.

13. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

They don't send you real money. They send you a fake check and you get stuck with it when it bounces and you already sent money to the scammer.

14. mysteryquest

mysteryquest Member.

In this case, the scammer who is pretending to own the house, is not sending any money to the victim, he is requesting that they send him the first month's rent and deposit via Western Union. By the time the victims realize they have been scammed, he's picked up the money using a fake name or a mule and he's in Nigeria beyond the jurisdiction of U.S. law enforcement. The number given is a UK Global redirect which forwards the phone call to his location outside the U.K. That's why you NEVER send money via Western Union/Money Gram to somebody you don't know.

15. slenklee45

slenklee45 New Member

I have something up on craigslist.com for sale. He was saying that he is going to send me a check and then I am to deposit it and then give the guy coming to pick it up the rest of the check for his delivery fee. Obviously if the check doens't clear then I am not giving away my boat for sale. Any ideas about how he could scam me on this?

16. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

He's going to overpay you with a fake check and ask for money back. Then the check bounces and you'll eat it so better to stop whatever it is and don't do it.

17. report him

you guys can maybe call the better buesinss bureau or the police and show them the string of emails/his history online. i emailed this guy about a house- and as soon as i saw the western union comment, googled his name and saw it was a scam.
    AND on the craiglist site- there is an email address you can use to mention if someone is "fraud"- here is the link.

18. uh oh

uh oh Guest

dr.dre_b2k@hotmail.com / this guy again

[dr.dre_b2k@hotmail.com] - SCAM

Hello

FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $700 including utilities
    Security deposit:$350

PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Here is my contact phone number +447024065652

Cheers!

19. PISSED

PISSED Guest

I JUST GOT THE EXACT SAME EMAIL.. I AUTOMATICALLY KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... BESIDES THAT I ACTUALLY WENT TO SEE THE HOUSE AND THERE WERE PPL OUTSIDE SMOKING WEED AND GOING ON LIKE THEY KNEW.. ONLY NOW HE IS GOING BY KELVIN MORGAN!!!! BE CAREFUL PPL

20. jayde

jayde Guest

omg im shocked!

I really can't believe this and to think I was willing to send the security deposit because I need a place so bad I hope no one else gets caught and gets scammed wow :O