Kelvin Wayne, house rental

Discussion in 'Rental scams' started by Jessica, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Erin

Erin Guest

Dont EVER send money to ANYONE you dont know or have never met!!! Dont even consider it!! Use your common sense!

FYI the same Scam is on Guelph Craigslist for a 2bdr family home near exhibition park (67 division street).

2. Kelvin Morgan

Hi Guys, be careful. I just received the same email looking for a property in Oakville. He offered an appartment for a resonable price, just few things were really suspicious about him and his emails that I went on internet and found out it is a scam.

Here is his answer to my inquiry. I did not pay him anything, because just on time I found out he is a very very bad guy. I just regret that I sent him some personal information about myself including picture, place of work, address and telephone. I did it because I wanted him to trust someone who wants to rent his property on distance. What a mistake. I hope he is not going to use it for some strange reasons.....:(

Hello xxx,
    Thanks very much for your reply and also i can see your willingness in this rent and how is work ?Hope great!!! So as i shall be giving you my property and you can move in when you are ready,pls again take care of the property so that i might be glad when coming to visits you but not too soon,also the rent include all the utilities such as heat,cable,tv,phone,internet,washing and drying machine. I have also attached the interior pictures..

However, if you are ready to rent the property now, then that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible like you, to be able to afford the month rent and the security deposit .Also i would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy my property,Pls once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint me and i promise you that,you will love the property..Also the months rent will be send to me here in London United Kingdom through Western Union Money Transfer outelet.

So i am with the below document here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready to make the payment now so that i can arrange on how the document will get to you in the next 24 hrs after the payment confirmation.

Here are the contents of the document..
    1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
    2)Paper/Permanent apartment form(Containing your reference details)
    3)The property documetary file.
    4)Payment Receipt.
    Here is my contact phone number +447024065652

So pls get back to me as soon as you can.. I await your reply ASAP

3. irwinss

irwinss Guest

rental scam

Recieved the exact same scam message!
    was looking for an apartment in Oakville
    He claimed to be in the UK with wife helping children!?
    Even said GOD bless at the end of the email he was trying to SCAM me with!!
    used the exact same phone #, and asked me to transfer through Western Union..tipped me off right there, as normal people would use cheques or a bank!
    the guy is an idiot...Cant even speak proper english!

4. Laura_06

Laura_06 Guest

I GOT SCAMMED

my boyfriend and i went through this whole ordeal with this guy except he said his name was Kelvin Morgan. i was soooooo stupid and bought into it and now i'm out money. i have no idea what to do, but i'm from Canada so i reported everything to the royal canadian mounted police. i have a feeling he's doing this all over the world.

5. bmamazz

bmamazz Guest

scam

yup i got the same email... the only reason i knew was because ive been scammed before. i cant believe there is ppl that really sit there in some other country scamming ppl like us. i immediately emailed the posting along with email to craigslist and flagged it like 5 times. i would never want anyone to experience what i have by this.. please be careful and always do your research. remember you can find anything online. when in doubt, google it!

6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

They will just keep moving around.

7. tee

tee Guest

i got the same email and it was a differnt name

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
    Here are details of the property:

FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    24 hours Internet service
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $750 including utilities
    Security deposit:$500
    (Option Pay 2 month and get 1 Month Free)

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible. I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
    =========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
    PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
    1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
    2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
    3)How old are you___________________________ __
    4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
    5)How many people will be living in the property__ _________________________
    6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
    7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
    8)Occupation ____________ _________________
    9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
    10)When do you intend to move in ___

Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!

thats wht i was sent its bull i realized.

8. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

9. gargar

gargar Guest

He's in Milton now!

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to London United Kingdom for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 t0 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
    Here are details of the property:

FEATURES :
    Laundry
    Electric Range
    Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning
    Patio/Party Deck
    Cable TV
    Ceiling Fans
    24 hours Internet service
    Dishwasher
    Firepit
    Garbage Disposal
    Microwave
    security alarm
    Pets Allowed
    Refrigerator
    Washer / Dryer

Rent: $750 including utilities

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.
    I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.
    =========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
    PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
    1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
    2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
    3)How old are you___________________________ __
    4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
    5)How many people will be living in the property__ _________________________
    6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
    7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
    8)Occupation ____________ _________________
    9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
    10)When do you intend to move in ___
    11)How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( First 1month rent + Deposit) or If You Pay ( First 2month rent +Deposit And Get 1 Month Free)...So which one do you prefer ? Prefer First 2months + deposit and get 1 month free________________

Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!

TOO BAD...IT SOUNDED LIKE A GREAT DEAL!!!

10. brooklyn14209

brooklyn14209 New Member

NIGERIA SCAM!!

Hello,

Thanks for your response and interest about our house.Yes the house is
    still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible
    person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not
    around.Myself and husband just traveled to Nigeria for a program
    called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of
    Education, the program is taking place in two major countries in
    Europe which are UK ,Spain and also in west Africa (Nigeria) .We will
    be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why we have made up our mind
    to put up our house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of
    it.the money is not the most important thing to us rather than having
    someone that will take good care of the house.How soon do you intend
    to move in?

Here are details of the house:

Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 2

AMENITIES:
    Air Conditioning,Patio/Party Deck,Cable TV,Ceiling
    Fans,Dishwasher,Fire pit,Garbage Disposal Microwave,security
    alarm,Pets Allowed,Refrigerator,Washer / Dryer.

Rent: $650 including utilities

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and we
    will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.As
    we are not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house
    and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to us if you really
    like it for more information.

Hope to read from you soon

CONTACT US ON
    +234-815-377-4984
    Thank you and remain blessed

Ive been texting this person and asked about the things inside the house they told after receiving money they would have people move the stuff out. and turns out this house was listed through a property management. so we asked where we snd funds after we established it was a scam. they gave us all the accnt info. what should we do?

11. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Re post.

Original post re- posted as bad language was used and a complaint was received from a member. Please do not use profanity. Thank you DMY

that posting has not been removed from craigs list but it has changed cities. it is now saying there is a 3 bedrm for rent at 125 Margaret ave in kitchener, ontario. xxxxx SCAM!!! ugh!

12. RAR

RAR Guest

he's doing the same thing in South Pasadena, CA now:

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:20 AM
    Subject: Re: Rental property listing on Craigslist

Thanks for your interest.we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the apartment now that we are not around. My wife and i just moved to Carson city,Nevada for a program called Health Resources and Services Administration( HRSA), the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe . We will be there for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my apartment for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

Get back to me so i can forward you the rental application form i would want you to fill out and also do get back to me asap with your picture as well so let me know whom i am renting my house to.

Please feel free to contact me back via email or call me 209-436-6217
    Regards