Maga Don Pay

Discussion in 'LadTunes' started by mysteryquest, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mysteryquest

mysteryquest Member.

Looks like a wash-wash. They must have washed the women too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7iJzgxoFiM"]YouTube- MAGA DON PAY - KELLY HANDSOME[/ame]

2. basenji

basenji Administrator Staff Member

There was some questions asked when Kelly Handsome released this. But I guess we have to believe him when he said that 'maga' is acronym for "Man and God always". 'Maga no need pay' is a direct response to this song.

3. mysteryquest

mysteryquest Member.

Man and God always, as opposed to maga as potential or actual 419 victim. It's hard for me to believe, considering the context of the video where it clearly appears that the cash, in a suitcase no less, is from a scam victim. This is furthered by the celebration of the money, including "complaints" about too much money and the mention, if I'm not mistaken, of MTC numbers. It's hard for me to not to see this as a celebration of 419.

4. basenji

basenji Administrator Staff Member

I was trying to be ironic but I guess I'm not very good at it. You're certainly not the only one who find it hard to believe: Kelly Handsome and perhaps also Olu Maintains (he's the guy who sang 'Yahozee') claim that the songs don't encourage wannabe small bois, that the texts are to be interpreted differently, that they themselves aren't promoting it etc. I can quote myself here: small boi, dat one wetin u dey talk na grammar, na grammar full.

5. mysteryquest

mysteryquest Member.

I'm personally amused at these post-facto attempts by these artists to disavow the context of these songs and their expectation, that somehow, the text of the song should be interpreted differently. The lyrics are not nebulous.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

If these guys think the Yahoozee video doesn't encourage young kids to take up scamming they must not have seen the video.

7. Cold War Kid

Cold War Kid Ninja

Not living on the same planet, eh?