Major General William B. Garrett

Discussion in 'Military Romance scams' started by P2ung, Jul 13, 2012.

1. P2ung

P2ung New Member

Dear AFI,

I have been contacted from a man called Major General William B. Garrett on skype. He also has a YM with email address [g.williamgarrett@yahoo.com].
    Is it real? I mean can a Major General from US have public email account? He also put his picture which are same on the wikipedia. It's just a pitty that this big man with his position is been used his name to such a bad guy try to cheat woman and doing a bad things. Can I get the contact or address of the General? I fee sorry for him.

thanks,
    Pupung

2. Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Giant Admin for a Day Staff Member

3. Wonderwoman

Wonderwoman Administrator Staff Member

4. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Has anyone else seen this person?

5. He contacted me on Skype

I immediately knew he was a scammer as he couldn't spell. Said "ya" instead of you and called me "dearest love". He then asked me for a financial favor. I told him his spelling was off and he was obviously a scammer from another country- that if he wanted to ever fool someone to learn how to spell. It was pretty funny! I then blocked and reported him.

6. Lauren

Lauren Guest

watch out for these unscupulous scammers!

I was contacted by a "gentlemen" and I use the term lightly, claiming to be Major General William B. Garrett. He claimed to be divorced for five years and looking for the perfect woman. The use of his words was a dead give away, no one in that high ranking of a position in the Army would first of all, be looking for a woman on line, and second, never use the English language the way this character did.

I hope ALL WOMEN are aware, or at least look into these scam artists!!! Let's not be fooled ladies.

I am sure that the Major General has been informed of this horrendous scam and I hope he is able to do something to stop this.

May God bless us all against these low-lifes!!

Lauren

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

Reposting for Marie.

8. he learned to spell better

HAHAA he learned to spell better but he still says dearest or i wished i met you decades ago hahahahaha what tipped me off is he did not have the same first name so i knew but played along to see how far he went OH MY he got better he sent me poems love letter hahhaha and he said he would buy me car and a house hahahaha my point is these men that these scammers are protraying are real life heros i read up about the US AFRICAN ARMY and i also know alot about the military these men COMMANDER WILLIAM B. GARRETT III and others like him put there lives on the line everyday in countrys that hate americans but they are there to protect us and others in the world so as WOMAN of the world we need to help anyway we can to protect these men and woman of the military all branches and all military around the world it is up to each one of us to expose these men. the agencys in the government will most likely not be able to respond i have put three requests to talk to someone with no reply. I for one am going to do something i have all the e-mails and yahoo chats with tthis inmposter i am going to try and i emphicise try to contact the news medi here where i live and i will try to contact fox news network they might do a story for our men and woman in the armed forces .If enough of us who have beeen or attempted to be scammed and it did not work get in contact with all news agencys where you live maybe our soliders will not have there names identity and there selfs used we are not the only victims in this crime i deem this a terrorisact upon woman of the world thank you GOD BLESS ALL OF MY SISITERS OF THE WORLD

9. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

If you send the emails to the FBI that is a good start. They deal with Impersonation issues.

10. Sunflower

Sunflower New Member

Hi everyone

I just received an email from Williams Garret, he said he is Major Ganeral of US Army and he is in Afganistan now. He said he is 50 years old, but when i search on internet, it's said that WG is 60 years old.

11. Sunflower

Sunflower New Member

I have same situation like you, he contacts me via Facebook, he gave me yahoo address: [williamsgarret07@yahoo.com]

What should I do now?

12. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

Don't answer him.

13. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

And report his profile to FB. They'll close it.

14. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Hi, yes I know this person Lt William Robert Garrett, but not sure if he is the real one, or the imposter. I am doing my very best to find out.

15. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

@ Jenny - Be very careful, it is highly likely he is a scammer. Do you want to share any further information with us, an email or an email address?

16. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Hi Shapphire, William Robert Garrett used the email address bobbygarrett601@gmail.com said that he was about to retire from the army, and was looking for a relationship with a view to getting married again. He seemed very genuine, with a great personality. Said his son was 23yrs old, said he would send a photo of his son. But someone said he's using a stolen identity, so I checked online. I have not answered any of his messages since. So don't think he will be in touch anymore. Still not sure if he was the real one it an imposter.

17. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

@Jenny I can't see anything at present relating to the email address. This does not mean that he
    isn't a scammer. Scammers can change their email address frequently. However, from the tale he is telling you, he certainly sounds like a scammer.

Images of Garrett are shown here, do you have the same? http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31889

18. Central Scrutinizer

That wasn't the real general.

19. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Are you sure that the General I was chatting to was really a fake?

20. Central Scrutinizer

I'm certain he wasn't even a general.