Major General William B. Garrett

Discussion in 'Military Romance scams' started by P2ung, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Hi Sunflower , did you say that you have just received an email from him like today the 7th July?
    if so, he is chatting to you at the same time he's chatting to me.

2. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

De Master Yoda likes this.
  3. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

Seriously ladies, just stop. This was first reported 4 years ago and nothing has changed- it's still a scammer and an internet criminal. See also Sapphire's link. Military romance scammers are a dime a dozen.

De Master Yoda likes this.
  4. Jilly c

Jilly c Guest

Definitely a fraud, told me much the same except it was a 22year old daughter studying to be a doctor. Why would a genuine US army Lt Gen have to advertise for a partner. I nearly fell for his lines too but common sense got the better of me

5. I know this family personally and I can guarantee he is NOT reaching out to anyone.

6. Grace nelson

Grace nelson Guest

I have been talking with him. Is the birthday information correct on the computer. He told me his birthday is in September and he has two daughters one in Canada. He is asking me to get a iTunes so we can live chat. Please help me verify him.

7. Sapphire's Strike

@ Grace nelson - You are communicating with a scammer whose sole intention is to extort money from you. Everything he says is a lie. The post you quoted above posted by Justwanttohelp is likely the scammer himself, they hate being in the limelight on an anti fraud website.

Cease all contact, awful as it seems, your money is the important thing. Don't get hurt as many already have.

8. alf

alf Guest

Can anyone tell me if thist email adress is a scammer williambgarrett10@gmail.com, he has visited a friend in germay last year and she learned to and now he is in Ghana he told her.

9. Sapphire's Strike

@alf - Regardless of the email address this scammer uses, he will always be a scammer. Very often scammers email accounts get closed down by the provider, so the email address the scammer uses today may not be the one he uses the following day.

The best advice you can give to your friend is to cease all contact now, this guy only wants her money, nothing more. He will break her heart and the bank with it.