Michele Zaret, Industrial Rivet Fastners & Solution Co., USA

Discussion in 'Product purchase scams' started by Hua Mulan, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

From, [​IMG] China, Shenyang, China Unicom Liaoning Province Network
    From Industrial Rivet Fastners & Solution Co.
    Return-Path: <prasenjit.samanta@bmastock.com>
    From: "Industrial Rivet Fastners & Solution Co." <prasenjit.samanta@bmastock.com>
    Subject: Product needed
    Reply-To: cokerbrown@yahoo.com
    Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013

I am interest in buying product from your company. Please get back to me so we can proceed.

Thank You,
    Michele Zaret
    Industrial Rivet Fastners & Solution Co.
    (Affiliate of Oriental Victor Group, Inc.)
    200 Paris Ave.
    Northvale, NJ 07647
    Phone: 201-750-1040 X4154
    Fax: 201-750-1050
  2. Rob D.

Rob D. New Member

Hi, I saw this in my google searches and wanted to let you know she's a real person (Michele Zaret) and that Industrial Rivet is a real company. They do a lot of business on the East Coast and provide to Thule, Grainger, Fastenall and the like. I've known her personally for 17 years. I realize this thread is a little old but you should contact them to let them know about this issue. I'm not sure why the email was routed through China or why the return address is odd but they were likely hacked. You can reach them through their official website: www.rivet.com

I'm a little surprised you don't do more research first and just report all these emails as fraudulent like your sticky post says. Usually a simple google search will clear things up.

3. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

The email in the 1st post is a scam, sent by an criminal & thief. Furthermore, it is also unsolicited email, what is there to research?

The email did not come from the website you mention, the "reply to" address is a yahoo.
  4. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

If its In my email then it's a scam. Maybe there is identity theft but it still remains a scam format.
  5. Rob D.

Rob D. New Member

Yes I can understand that there was indeed identity theft here but do you alert the parent companies so they can research it?
  6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

They are often alerted but they seem to ignore us most of the time.