Mobile / cell phone lottery scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphinx

Administrator
Staff member
I got a message "congratulations your mobile number have won 1 million pounds in the (fill in name of lottery) mobile draw 2009. contact (scammer identity) for Claim 2009 on my cell.
now what to do frnds???
The answer here is real simple: delete it.

It is no more real on your mobile/cell phone that it is in your email. And just because it's one your cell phone does NOT make it real. It's still a scam.

It does not matter if you get 35 of them, not one single one of them is real.

Lottery emails are always fake, on your cell, in your email or whatever else. Unless you buy a ticket you cannot win.

Read more at
http://antifraudintl.org/threads/why-lottery-emails-and-sms-lottery-messages-are-always-fake.6836/

We're seeing a lot of these for Coca Cola apparently making the rounds of people's phones in India and a FIFA 2010 World Cup one apparently making the rounds in South Africa.

How does this work on cel numbers? I have recieved the FIFA INTERNATIONAL AWARDS SCAM on my cell - and I have replied on it. What can they do with it - is it safe?

De Master Yoda

Administrator
Staff member
Cell phone scam.

It works by the scammer asking for money FROM you for winnings that do NOT exist.

Please read http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=6836

Stop all contact with these scammers.

Please re-read the sound advice posted earlier by Gentle Giant:
The answer here is real simple: delete it.

It is no more real on your mobile/cell phone that it is in your email. And just because it's one your cell phone does NOT make it real. It's still a scam.

It does not matter if you get 35 of them, not one single one of them is real.

Lottery emails are always fake, on your cell, in your email or whatever else. Unless you buy a ticket you cannot win.

B

Bunt

Bunt also won 9.8 M

But realised it was not real flash as he could not recall buying a lottery ticket from the world bank........

Status
Not open for further replies.