Need help please

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by peterr, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. peterr

peterr Guest

Hello,my grandma has been swindled of large cash by person sending SMS. do you know how to get her money's back? They offer her some things and say send me this amount,she has not heard from her since.
    Both 04712330751 and +91 8547 166 810 are the numberss.

Am looking for big help on here thank you

2. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

@peterr - Sorry to hear that your grandma has been scammed. You can try and lodge a complaint with local police but unfortunately it is highly unlikely that any monies scammed can be recovered. Good Luck.

3. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@Peterr. I am very sorry to hear about your grandma being scammed. It is not a good thing. Please ask your grandma to stop all contact with them. They may try a "recovery" scam whene they contact her saying they can get her money back but again she has to send more money to do this. This of course is yet another scam.
    I will check out the phone numbers, can you give us a name the scammer is using?
    Can you give us the username and payment details for this scammer please.

As Sapphire's Strike has said, unfortunately the chance of recovering any money is very low. You may wish to contact The Swedish Police Authority (Polismyndigheten)and ask for information about their cyber crime unit so you can report it to them.

Your grandma will need your help as she will be feeling some emotions like disappointment and maybe guilt. The lady should not feel guilty as it is the scammer who has done wrong not her.
    However I am sure she will need your help and support. Thank you.

Update:
    +91 8547 166 810 Shows as coming from India.
    Number billable as mobile number
    Country or destination India
    City or exchange location Kerala
    Original network provider* Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) - KL

04712330751 Shows as coming from:
    Location: THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, THIRUVANANTHPURAM, Kerala, India.

4. peterr

peterr Guest

Yes I have contact the police now and they say there is nothing to do,unfortunately the money is gone now. I try to find them the emails she was sent but the laptop died,thats why the person called her and transacted the whole thing via phone. Those numbers is all I have to go on. She is big believer in astrology and was promised crystals and other things, very expensive items that have never come. What do we do now? She have nothing now an I am sad . I want to go to India now and find this person.

5. De Master Yoda

@Peterr. Can you remember the name the scammer was using? And how was the money sent? Thank you.

6. peterr

peterr Guest

She sent money by Western Union which will not give it back after I ask them and explain it all. She hsa the receipt slip some where she says but we can't find it. She does not remember the name of the man she sent it too. All this happened because they knew something from astrology and that lead to a reading costing money then crystals, I dont know the details, she will not talk about it any more. All I have is the telephone numbers I give you here. I am sorry I waited some time to respond but this site was not working when I came before.
    I am sorry but what is happening here, first the site does not work at all and then I type everything and the message disappears. This is several times now.

7. Sapphire's Strike

@peterr - It is very difficult, near impossible, to get monies back from scammers. Even if the police could have helped you, it would be unlikely monies would be returned to your grandma. It is a very sad situation. If you do find the name of the person whom the money was sent to, via Western Union, do let us know.

The site has been upgraded and we suffered down time, we do apologise, all is well now.

8. peterr

peterr Guest

Hello, I want to tell you that I employed a person that my friend sent me to, a man who knows how to do things on computers like xxx and he gave me all informations I need for making some retaliation against the scammer. This is a man in India who steals many people money but now I know his address and even have photos so now I can go backto the police, maybe get something done.

Admin Edit: word removed and marked xxx

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  9. Sapphire's Strike

Thanks for posting peterr, we wish you all the best in your efforts.

10. De Master Yoda

@Peterr. Could you send the name and details to me via the private message system (conversations) There is a possibility I know this Indian guy and I would like to confirm it. Thank you.

11. Sapphire's Strike

@Peterr We have received your message, thank you. To be able to use our private message system you have to join the website. Thank you.