need help to prove if scam or not

Discussion in 'Is this a scam?' started by Nathan unage, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Nathan unage

Nathan unage Guest

Was there a Dr Gabriel O Jerome that worked at The London Royal Hospital in the year 2001?

Was Dr Donald Thompson the Head of Legal at Barclays Bank PLC?

2. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

You can check the online register for doctors here:
    http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/register/LRMP.asp

Regarding Dr. Donald Thompson. Scammers lend credibility to their scams, or they think they do, by using the term Doctor. I can find no reference to this doctor. The same applies to the other doctor mentioned.

Scammers impersonate and use the ID of Bona Fide persons.

Please post the scam email (s) you have so that we can assist your further, including the email address they are using.

3. Dees

Dees Guest

They texted my phone number

4. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

It's probably a scam. It's hard to tell without more info. What was the number they used?

5. nawahtel

nawahtel Guest

I just received a "death Certificate" that was signed by a Dr. Gabriel O. Jerome from 2004, at a "The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals". Of course the certificate looks fake. But I need to know if all of this is real or not. They are trying to give me money from a next-of-kin account. I can not find anything about him online. Thanks for any and all help. Nawahtel

6. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@Nawahtel. Welcome to AFI. It sounds like a scam, if you continued they would ask for money to receive the imaginary inheritance. You can do a Google search on the emails used. We would need more information to check this out further.

There are flaws in what they say but I will not say what in public as I do not wish to educate the scammers as to their faults.

7. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

8. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@ plshelp welcome to AFI. If you have a question please ask.
    Posting a quote on its own achieves nothing as we already have the original on display.
    Thank you.