Patricia Grooms

Discussion in 'Real Estate scams' started by Marie, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Marie

Marie Administrator Staff Member

From "Patricia Grooms
    Return-Path: <info@alert.net>
    Received: from (EHLO vsmtp3.tin.it) (212.216.176.223)
    Reply-To: <suremum142@gmail.com>
    Subject:
    Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015

I am interested in purchasing your timeshare. Let me know if it is still available.

2. Susan D

Susan D Guest

Received one of these emails from suremum1422 @gmail.com Can't they track these losers down so they stop bothering people on the internet.

3. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

@ Susan, if it was easy it would have stopped a long time ago. And who is "they"? It takes a lot of long, hard work to stop these clowns.

4. Betsy

Betsy Guest

suremum1422@gmail.com , or Patricia Grooms, is at it still - thankfully I am enough of a skeptic to have researched the email and name and just wrote "her" back to get a life, hopefully in prison. Although the internet provides fodder for these thieves, it also provides sources to enable people to be warned about them. There is a legitimate Patricia Grooms in Nevada/California (linkedin) - I think I will warn her her name is being used for crime.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
  5. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

@Betsy, if she's going to do something about it she needs to contact the FBI. They deal with identity theft.

6. Bobk

Bobk Guest

Can someone tell how this scam works?
    This same person has contacted me about buying my timeshares.

Thanks

7. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

He doesn't want to buy anything. If there is a cheque it's a forgery.

8. Bobk

Bobk Guest

So you're telling me this is a total fraud?

9. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

The use of multiple email accounts is not really accounted for by anything other than a fraudulent intent.

10. I am a broker in Beaver Creek Colorado. Luckily my client forwarded her emails to me from this Patricia Groom who said she was interested in buying my his $60,000 timeshare. Would assume she would present him with what looked like a certified bank check while at the same time he would sign a Quit Claim deed to transfer the deed into her name. It would take about 10 days for the bank to figure out that the "certified check" is not valid.

11. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

Usually the check doesn't clear escrow. They aren't after real estate although maybe that's in the future. At the moment they just want to put a hot check into someone's hands to steal some cash.

12. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Real estate theft may be in the future but it will be harder to make it stick in court. It has already been tried. There was a case in Australia.