Peter Holt, Holt Enterprises, Inc.

Discussion in 'Legal counsel (collection) fake check scams' started by Dororo, May 22, 2017.

1. Dororo

Dororo Administrator Staff Member

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
    Subject:

Counsel,

I wish to set-up an appointment to discuss a legal matter.

Peter Holt
    President
    Holt Enterprises, Inc.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225

2. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

Received: from mail-yw0-f176.google.com (mail-yw0-f176.google.com [209.85.161.176])
    Date: Wed, 17 May 2017
    Subject: Legal Inquiry
    Return-Path: peterholt360@gmail.com

Dear

I appreciate your prompt reply to my legal inquiry. This is a breach of contract matter. Please, run a conflict check on the adverse party, .................. and also state your hourly rate and the required retainer fee. The goods delivered in good condition valued at $399,950.00 (Three Hundred and Ninety Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars). We received an initial deposit of $100,000.00 before the goods were delivered. Due date for the balance payment of $299,950.00 was the 5th of May, 2017 as stipulated in the sales invoice.

Do not hesitate to call me if you have any questions.

I look forward to a timely response from you.

Sincerely,
    Peter Holt
    President
    HOLT ENTERPRISES, INC.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225
    Direct Phone: (904) 297-2222 <tel:(904) 297-2222>

3. Quark

Quark Moderator Staff Member

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017
    Subject: Re: Legal Inquiry
    Received: from mail-yw0-f182.google.com (mail-yw0-f182.google.com [209.85.161.182])

I am glad there is no conflict of interest that will prevent your office from representing my firm. I would prefer a polite approach to this matter in order to protect our ongoing business relationship. My expectation of your services for now will be within the scenario of writing and sending a demand letter to my debtor. I believe this will get the much needed attention and probably bring them to the table to negotiate a payment plan with us. However, litigation should be seen as the last resort in this case. Please, forward your retainer agreement, stating your hourly rate and the required retainer amount of $5,000 for my review and signature. Thank you for your interest in representing my firm. I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,
    Peter Holt
    President
    HOLT ENTERPRISES, INC.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225
    Direct Phone: (904) 297-2222
    Fax: (904) 297-2010

4. B Gray

B Gray Guest

Got this email just today (6/12/17). so glad i saw this post:

Dear William Gray,
    I appreciate your prompt reply to my legal inquiry. This is a breach of contract matter. Please, run a conflict check on the adverse party, (BARRETT MACHINE & TOOL INC.3601 McGinnis Park Drive Suwanee, GA 30024) and also state your hourly rate and the required retainer fee. The goods delivered in good condition valued at $299,950.00 (Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars). We received an initial deposit of $100,000.00 before the goods were delivered. Due date for the balance payment of $199,950.00 was the 5th of May, 2017 as stipulated in the sales invoice.
    Sincerely,
    Peter Holt
    President
    HOLT ENTERPRISES, INC.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225

5. From: Peter Holt [mailto Peterholt555@gmail.com]
    Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:36 PM
    Subject: Legal Representation

Dear [My name]
    I appreciate your prompt reply to my legal inquiry. This is a breach of contract matter. Please, run a conflict check on the adverse party, (SEECO MACHINE TOOL CO INC.6622 Windingwood Lane Wilmington, NC 28411) and also state your hourly rate and the required retainer fee. The goods delivered in good condition valued at $299,950.00 (Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars). We received an initial deposit of $100,000.00 before the goods were delivered. Due date for the balance payment of $199,950.00 was the 5th of May, 2017 as stipulated in the sales invoice.

Sincerely,
    Peter Holt
    President
    HOLT ENTERPRISES, INC.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225

Then, when you call, you can tell the phone is being forwarded to another number and a man with a foreign accent answers.

6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

Probably a very Nigerian accent.

7. Batista

Batista New Member

I am in receipt of the retainer agreement. I will review it and return the executed copy along with the retainer check and will also include copies of all the relevant documents.
    Thank you for accepting to represent my firm. You will hear from me very soon.
    Sincerely,
    Peter Holt

This seemed way too easy. I called and spoke to "Mr. Holt" and he has a very bizarre accent, somehow Dutch/Nigerian? It is hard to describe.

8. Batista

Batista New Member

The PHONE NUMBER works. I hope it was not redirected to International?

Dear Batista,
    I appreciate your prompt reply to my legal inquiry. This is a breach of contract matter. Please, run a conflict check on the adverse party, (........) and also state your hourly rate and the required retainer fee. The goods delivered in good condition valued at $299,950.00 (Two Hundred and Ninety Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars). We received an initial deposit of $100,000.00 before the goods were delivered. Due date for the balance payment of $199,950.00 was the 5th of May, 2017 as stipulated in the sales invoice.
    Sincerely,
    Peter Holt
    President
    HOLT ENTERPRISES, INC.
    1630 Rusty Rail Road
    Jacksonville, FL 32225

9. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

@Batista - Hello & Welcome to AFI

Have you got any email addresses to share which belong to this fraudster?

10. Batista

Batista New Member

On 6/19/2017 11:18:16 AM, Peter Holt <peterholt555@gmail.com> wrote:

11. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

12. Batista

Batista New Member

Glad I checked this Peter Holt out. I bet he has some bad checks to send my way.

De Master Yoda likes this.
  13. Dororo

They have checks to send you. It is a gang.

De Master Yoda likes this.
  14. Batista

Batista New Member

I will send those checks to the State Attorney's Office, and see what they can do. Unfortunately, probably nothing.

15. Dororo

They need to go to the FBI.

Miyuki and De Master Yoda like this.
  16. Batista

Batista New Member

them too.

17. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

FBI please.

18. Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Giant Admin for a Day Staff Member

Pretty close to nothing. It's mail fraud anyway, so federal. As Miyu says, the FBI wants those checks but you could always cc to the US Postal Inspection Service if you got those checks in the mail.