Richard & Angela Maxwell, Maxwells Foundation

Discussion in 'Church and Charity scams' started by Sapphire's Strike, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

Return Path: annoucements@maxwellsfoundation.co.uk
    Subject: A Donation Letter From Lincolnshire EuroMillions Jackpot Winners
    Date: 4th Jun 2015
    Reply to: info@maxwellsfoundation.co.uk

Dear Award Recipient,
    This email correspondence is from Richard & Angela Maxwell. We are both 67, from Coningsby in Lincolnshire and one of Britain’s biggest ever National Lottery winners of £53million EuroMillions jackpot.
    Your email is among the email addresses that have been selected by a Yahoo! powered email newsletter software operated by British freelance tech experts upon our request to benefit from our ongoing email donation project, part of programmes to mark our massive EuroMillions win. We are donation £1Million Pounds each to the already selected eight(8) email address owners, claimable by the original registrant/owner of the selected email.
    Please send Name, Address, & Contact Numbers for payment processing by our bank. Find more information about our win here;
    We look forward to your reply.
    Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell.

2. Got this email today too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  3. Sapphire's Strike

Return Path: rich&angemax@gmail.com
    Date: Saturday, 27 June 2015
    Subject: Please Reply ... Donation

Hi,

I have decided to present you with a donation sum 750,000.00 GBP from part of our Euro Million Jackpot Lottery of 53,000,000.00 GBP. I believe this will come in handy and with it you can also be of assistance to the under privileged within your own community.

We await your earliest response and God Bless you.

Best wishes,
    Richard and Angela Maxwell.

4. Just FYI

Just FYI Guest

You can add this one and the mail address to your list as well:

From: Richard & Angela Maxwell (richandangemax10@gmail.com)
    Sent: Sun 6/28/15

Hi,

This might come as a surprise to you. My wife and I have decided to present you with a donation sum 750,000.00 GBP from part of our Euro Million Jackpot Lottery of 53,000,000.00 GBP.

Best wishes,

5. Shadowolf211

Shadowolf211 Guest

I got it too I already new it was a scam the news talked about this months ago

Hi,

This might come as a surprise to you, you have been awarded by my wife and i from our winnings.

Contact my private email only: richard_angela@163.com

Best wishes,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
  6. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

From "Richard and Angela Maxwell
    Return-Path: <bell@bell.hu>
    Received: from User (178.162.211.219) by vsmtp2.tin.it (8.6.060.43) (authenticated as v.ciotti@tin.it)
    Reply-To: <m1o1231@yeah.net>
    Subject: The message you have been awaiting!!!!
    Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015

This might come as a surprise to you, you have been awarded by my wife and i from our winnings.

Contact my private email only: m1o1231@yeah.net

Best wishes,

7. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

Return Path: rich101angela231@yeah.net
    Subject: (Followup Email)
    Date: 6th Aug 2015

Hello,

My Name is Richard and my wife's name is Angela,we won the recently held Euro million Lottery in March this year in the United Kingdom.Upon winning we decided to share with a few people,after which we held a process and we chose those to benefit from our donation of which you emerged and this was why we first contacted you.So thank you for your response. I am indeed happy about this win as I was stunned for hours and could not believe it when I first saw the ticket match. Though my wife and I are living comfortably, we have always wanted to win the lottery so that we could give out more, so I know for sure that this win is for sharing.

I know you would ask why me? you dont even know me,and all that questions.But I'd like you to know that I do understand if you have got doubts, but this can become a reality for you if you believe as donations of these dimensions are extremely rare. Below is a news feed to enable you verify and confirm our win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-32158366

We have concluded plans with my bank to remit funds to you, so I require you to immediately get back to me with the below information and on confirmation of your response, I will provide you with further information on receiving the fund.

Full Names:
    Contact / resident Address:
    Phone Number:
    Country / Nationality:
    We have made physical donations, also between ten different national charities and my wife and I came up with the idea of donating to some individuals over the internet. So we had to go look up email directories and randomly selected few emails and I that's how you got the email which you received from us.

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful. Hoping to hear from you soon,

Best wishes,

8. missy n

missy n Guest

I responded to the above email I have also received. This is the response I got. It will require deposit of my funds into an account they open for me.... SCAM

Email contact I receive correspondence from richieandangiemax@126.com

Dear ********
    On behalf of my wife and family members I am happy to inform you that we have sent your details over to the management of our bank. The amount of seven hundred and fifty thousand British pounds has now been deposited with the bank and they have been authorised to commence with the disbursement to you via a secured swift online process. Every transfer process in getting this fund to you legally would be commenced and also note that we require you to map out good strategies in ensuring that the underprivileged benefits more from this fortune you would be receiving from us.

To confirm your reliability for this donation we hope that our aim of giving out this fund to you is achieved. When you are in receipt of the fund, all you are required to do is make your list of known charity organisations in your community, make donations to them and 40% of the fund should be for yourself; this is really our main aim of giving out this fund to you.

Now taking into cognizance the nature of the funds, the United Kingdom Financial Security Act on charities requires donation beneficiaries like you to open an account with the payout bank over here in the U.K., who will be responsible for the clearing of your benefits here in England before the fund can be transferred by you to your designated bank account. The account when opened with them must have a minimum account deposit, and such deposit must come from you. This is being done because the account must have a minimum balance to be able to accommodate such huge amount, this is also known as opening balance. The opening balance is still your money, and when you are transferring the donation amount from the account you opened with the bank you can transfer the total amount (inclusive of the minimum account deposit) if you wish. I have therefore included a donation code number issued by the bank to this message [RA/0431/2015EU] which should be kept strictly confidential as you would need it to contact the bank. You are to immediately contact the Regional Director Private Banking, Clydesdale Bank, as he has been assigned to personally deal with you on this transaction.

CONTACT DETAILS:

Mr. Andrew Merrifield
    Regional Director Private Banking, Clydesdale Bank Plc
    London, United Kingdom.
    Registered Office: 35 Regent Street, London, Greater London SW1Y 4ND, United Kingdom.
    E-mail: customerservice@clydesbnk.com
    andrewmerrifield@clydesbnk.com
    Tel: +44 74 1847 8689 | Fax: +44 70 1004 9546
    {Kindly call or send an email to him}

Upon contact with Mr. Merrifield you are to provide him with your donation code number [RA/0431/2015EU] so that he can verify your identity with the details we sent over to their office. And for security reasons we request that the content of your transaction is kept confidential and away from the hearing of any third party. There isn't much to say, Angela and I would still go along with our normal life although there might be a little change but we will do our best to ensure that this lottery win is well spent. I believe people just need to be given a chance. Everyone has the right to work for a living, to support their families, to buy their own home, to run their own business.

Please endeavor to keep us fully informed on all developments with the bank so that we can also monitor the transfer process through a feedback from you.

Best wishes,

9. Donjamin

Donjamin Ninja

RECEIVED FROM ELLINRODE, GERMANY - LeaseWeb B.V.
    Return-Path: <bell@bell.hu>
    Received: from User (178.162.211.218)
    Reply-To: <rich101angela231@yeah.net>
    Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 9:44 AM
    Subject: Richard and Angela Maxwell has a message for you.

Contact my private email only: rich101angela231@yeah.net We await your earliest response and God Bless you.

Best wishes,

10. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

From: 41.86.234.153, [​IMG] Benin, Cotonou, Isocel Telecom
    Return-Path: <escribaniasegovia@speedy.com.ar>
    reply-to: office005@yeah.net
    message-id: <OID_1439388962587379_0escribaniasegovia@speedy.com.ar>
    From: "Richard and Angela Maxwell" <escribaniasegovia@speedy.com.ar>
    Date: 2015-08-12 16:16
    Subject: $2.5m. donation from R. and A. Maxwell : office005@yeah.net

Donation From Richard and Angela Maxwell.
    Congratulations !

This might come as a surprise to you. However my wife and I have a donation of 2.5 Million (TWO Million Five Hundred British Pounds for you from part of our Euro Million Jackpot Lottery of Fifty Three Million,One Hundred and Ninety Three Thausand,Nine Hundred and forteen pounds. I believe this will come in handy and with it you can also be of assistance to the less privileged within your own locality. Perhaps, you might feel sceptical, find more info Here on the website : https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-maxwell

To receive this financial donation from our family via our affiliate payout bank

orabnk@yeah.net

please submit your names, Age, Phone number, Occupation and address for final process. We await your earliest response.

God Bless you.
    Best wishes,
    Richard and Angela Maxwell
    orabnk@yeah.net
    office005@yeah.net
    escribaniasegovia@speedy.com.ar

11. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

From: 115.184.110.167, [​IMG] India, Mumbai, Rcom Wireless Hsd Mumbai
    From Richard
    Return-Path: ~>
    Subject: RELY
    Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015
    Reply-To: ~richardmaxwel397@foxmail.com>

My wife and I have a donation Cheque for you

12. Reporting

Reporting Guest

I received this one:

"The Maxwells Foundation" <news@maxwellfoundation.co.uk>
    To : You <news@maxwellfoundation.co.uk>
    Subject : Donation Letter From Britain's 10th biggest EuroMillions Winners
    Date : Mon, May 18, 2015

Congratulations!
    How are you doing today ? We hope this email finds you well.
    Your email is among the 6 email addresses selected by a Google powered email newsletter software operated by registered British freelance tech experts upon our request to receive a cash donation of £1million from our family, payable by our affilate payout bank as part of ongoing celebrations to mark our massive Euromillions win. A win which made us the 10th British EuroMillions winners. W e are glad about our win and we would like to give something back, a good reason why we are conducting this email financial donation project. Perhaps you might feel sceptical, find more info below;
    http://www.fnewsen.com/richard-and-angela-maxwell-giving-money
    To receive this financial donation from our family via our affiliate payout bank, please submit Full Names, Age, Phone, and Address.
    Richard & Angela Maxwell (retired)
    ©2015 The Maxwells Email Financial Support Project. All Rights Reserved

13. Sapphire's Strike

Return Path: <nspip@ug.edu.gh>
    Date: 25 September 2015
    To: xxx
    Subject: Re:
    Reply-To: richieandangiemax@126.com

Hi,

This might come as a surprise to you. My wife and I have awarded you with a donation sum (seven hundred and fifty thousand British pounds) from part of our Euro Million Jackpot Lottery of Fifty Three Million pounds. I believe this will come in handy and with it you can also be of assistance to the under privileged within your own community.

Contact my private email only: richieandangiemax@126.com

Best wishes,

14. Cruscader

Cruscader Guest

On Monday, October 5, 2015 3:39 PM, Richard & Angela Maxwell <Richard&AngelaMaxwell@> wrote:
    Congratulations!

How are you doing today ? We hope this email finds you well.

Your email is among the 5 email addresses selected by a Google powered email newsletter software operated by registered British freelance tech experts upon our request to receive a cash donation of £1million from our family, payable by our affilate payout bank as part of ongoing celebrations to mark our massive Euromillions win. A win which made us the 10th British EuroMillions winners. We are glad about our win and we would like to give something back, a good reason why we are conducting this email financial donation project. Perhaps you might feel sceptical, find more info here;

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-maxwell

To receive this financial donation from our family via our affiliate payout bank, please reply for details on how to claim

Richard & Angela Maxwell (retired)

©2015 The Maxwells Email Financial Support Project. All Rights Reserved.

15. Scammers Use Names of Lottery Winners Richard and Angela Maxwell

According to this message, your email address has been randomly selected to receive a cash donation of 1 million British pounds courtesy of EuroMillions lottery winners Richard and Angela Maxwell.

Supposedly, as a means of celebrating their massive win, the Maxwells have set up an 'Email Financial Support Project' to select 6 people to receive a million pound windfall. The message claims the winning addresses were chosen via a 'Google powered email newsletter software operated by registered British freelance tech experts'.

To claim your donation, you are instructed to reply with your name, age, and address details.

But, alas, the email is just another advance fee scam

Richard and Angela Maxwell really did win a very large lottery prize - £53m - via a EuroMillions jackpot in April 2015. However, the couple did not send this email and they are not giving away millions of pounds to strangers randomly selected via the Internet.

If you believed the claims in the message and replied to claim your 'donation', you would soon receive a follow-up email claiming that you must send money to cover various expenses such as banking and insurance fees, tax, and processing costs. The scammers, still posing as Richard and Angela Maxwell, will insist that for legal reasons, the fees must be paid in advance and cannot be deducted from the 'donation' itself.

If you went ahead and payed the requested amount, further demands for money would likely follow. These demands would continue until you run out of available funds or belatedly realize that you are being scammed.

At that point, the scammers will simply disappear with your money.

And, to make matters worse, over the course of the scam, the criminals may have tricked you into supplying a large amount of your personal and financial information, ostensibly to prove your identity and allow your claim to be processed. This information may later be used to steal your identity.

Winners of large lottery prizes are often featured in various news reports. Scammers use the information in such reports to craft their scam messages and then randomly target potential victims via email spam campaigns.

Many lottery winners are indeed generous and do give away large portions of their winnings. However, not even the most generous of winners is likely to give away large sums of money to strangers based solely on the selection of their email addresses.

Do not believe any such claim.

16. Cold War Kid

Cold War Kid Ninja

Wow. Headline news. Stop the presses.

17. Jessica

Jessica Administrator Staff Member

From: 105.112.23.118, [​IMG] Nigeria, Lagos, Airtel Networks Limited
    From Angela
    Subject: CONGRATULATIONS"!!!
    Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015
    Reply-To: <angelamaxwelldonation@gmail.com>

Angela Maxwell has donated the sum of Eight hundred thousand euro (800,000.00 euro) to you from part of their lucky life-changing Jackpot of 53 Million from Euro-millions Lottery. please see by visiting the web page below; View link: https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-maxwell
    Kindly send us the below details so that we can direct our Bank to effect a valid Bank Draft in your name.
    Full Name:
    Sex:
    Mobile/Tel:

Warm Regards,
    Mr. Richard & Mrs. Angela Maxwell
    Email: angelamaxwelldonation@gmail.com

18. Quark

Quark Moderator Staff Member

Return-Path: richandangemax10@gmail.com
    Reply-To: richandangem@gmail.com
    From: "Richard & Angela Maxwell" richandangemax10@gmail.com
    Subject: Please Reply ...
    Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 1

Hi,

This might come as a surprise to you. My wife and I have decided to present you with the sum 750,000.00 GBP from part of our National Lottery Jackpot of 53,000,000.00 GBP.

We await your earliest response.

Blessings,

19. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

from: 105.112.23.214, [​IMG] Nigeria, Lagos, Airtel Networks Limited
    From Congratulation
    Subject: Congratulation!!!
    Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015
    Reply-To: <richangelamaxwell@hotmail.com>

Congratulation my beloved friend, Angela Maxwell has donated the sum of Eight hundred thousand euro (800,000.00 euro) to you from part of their lucky life-changing Jackpot of 53 Million from Euro-millions Lottery.

However you will have to fill and submit the below information for claims;
    • Full Name:
    • Address:
    • Tel / Cell #:
    I............................................................hereby Declare that the above information is true and binding on me. If at any time it is discovered that I have given false information, I will forfeit my rights to my donation.

View link: https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-maxwell

Thank you and accept our hearty congratulations!

Warm Regards,
    Mr. Richard & Mrs. Angela Maxwell

20. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

From: 116.203.75.95, [​IMG] India, Mumbai, Pdsnnew3 Mumbai Pdsn
    Return-Path: ~>
    Subject: RICHARD & ANGELA MAXWELL DONATIONS
    Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015
    Reply-To: ~richard-angelamaxwell@hotmail.com>

WE ARE HAPPY TO NOTIFY YOU ON YOUR AWARD DONATION WINNINGS. GET BACK WITH US SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS ON CLAIMS.