Roy Cockrum

Received: from ([169.254.1.188])
From: "Morrison, Lisa M." <Lisa.M.Morrison at nccourts.org>

Subject: GOOD NEWS FROM UK‏‏

$7m Was Granted to you By Mr Roy Cockrum. Send Email to: r_cockrum009 at outlook.com

N

nelly

From: Katherine Eubanks Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:51 PMTo: Katherine Eubanks Subject: GreetingsYou have received a donation from Mr. Roy Cockrum. Kindly contact him on roycockrum@outlook.com for more details on donation.

I have got an email from Katherine Eubanks (eubanksk1@nku.edu) saying that Mr. Roy wants to give me a donation and I have to send a message to roycockrumoutlook.com. I looked up for those emails and found that Katherine is coordinator from Northern Kentucky University, this is the link http://artscience.nku.edu/departments.html I didn't send him a message because I knew it was a scam but it's kind of weird that she is from a college. I think that college page is a scam too. I don't even know what to think the college has a Facebook page and good feedbacks.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
@ nelly, it is a scam and in this case the scammer either accessed Katherine's email or he spoofed it as the sending address. Both are possible. In any case the best thing to do is to delete the email.

D

Ditty Stewart

Did you investigate it or are you just assuming it is a scam. He really did win the power ball and all these emails and stuff seems like alot of hassle for maybe at the most 200 dollars.

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
It's a scam. These clowns now steal the identity of any person who wins a lot of money of lottery and then establishes a "charity" to give the money away. None of these stories are ever real.

Sapphire's Strike

Administrator
Staff member
Received from: 24.182.203.176, USA, texas, Charter Communications
Return Path: Constance.Buran@kellerisd.net
Subject: Roy's Charity.
Date: 8th Mar 2015

Money donated to you,contact Mr Roy C. via email on roy.ck01@qq.com for verifications and claims...

G

Glenda Reese

Received an email from Integrative Learning on Thursday, March 19, 2015, at 6:58 p.m. It was addressed to Integrative Learning with the subject: Donation to you from Mr. Cockrum. This was the message: Money donated to you,please contact Mr Cockrum via email on: roy.ck01@qq.com for verifications and claims...

E

Esmail

I received an email from foundationroycockrum@gmail.com regarding I am the winner of 750000 GBP , need to contact customerservice@lfsonline.org, and contact Mr James Smith +44 704 576 2926
its for sure scam ,

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Annabelle

Can you tell me how Rev Roy Cockrum gets your cell number in the first place to tell you he's donating $100,000 to you?

De Master Yoda

Administrator
Staff member
The message is not from Reverend Roy Cockburn it is from a scammer. Scammers have many ways to obtain the contacts they want.
They search the internet and also purchase email and contact lists.
If ever anyone puts their details on the internet there is a chance that it could be stolen.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
Apparently also being sent by SMS message now. This is from a guest.

Your mobile number has been selected to receive a donation of $100,000.00 USD by Roy Cockrum. For claims send full name to email: revroycockrum@gmail.com

We are most grateful for your email and I use this as a medium to say thank you for writing Back. This is a lifetime opportunity and 100% legitimate. My names are Roy Cockrum, i decided to make sure the winning of ours is put on the internet for the world to see. This was a gift from God to me and my entire family. We may not know you, but since you were chosen by God to receive this cash donation of 750,000.00 GBP, you must be a God fearing individual. I do believe that good things happen to those who wait upon the lord. At first when I received a call that we have won, I did not believe, thinking it was just a mere joke until the cheque of ($259.8 Million dollars) was given to us willingly as won. The main reason why we decided to share part of this fund among other individuals who are in need is according to the bible that teaches about given as part of Godliness and also with the prophecy we received from God Almighty. I have taken care needs of our immediate family members & friends, Hospitals & Charity Organizations in Africa, Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes.
We also do believe in the part of the Bible that says ask and you shall receive and consistently I have always asked for a miracle from God. I am hoping that you will definitely be able to use this fund wisely and judiciously on projects that will last you for a long time. To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds and all the legal documents that will be signed and entitle to you, the below details will be needed;
1. NAME IN FULL:
2. COUNTRY & HOME ADDRESS:
3. OCCUPATION & MOBILE NUMBER:
4. SEX & AGE:
5. PASSPORT OR DRIVER’S LICENSE OR ANY OTHER MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION:
Kindly write us about your view & plans on spending this fund that has been solely given to you. You are advice to view our winning video webpage below in other to be rest assured that you are in the right hands;
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0168372/]
May the good Lord bless your heart to be a blessing to your family & friends. Congratulations once again.
God bless you
Roy Cockrum

B

B Visser

I got the exact same email yesterday - so I am guessing this is another scam - what is wrong with people.
It's come from this email address - roy.cockrum012@gmail.com

G

Gabriela lievanos

Last week I received a mail from a person who wanted to donated me a 200,000 dollars I was so furious cause already know it was a scam so I send a mail to him and today I receive thisThank you for writing me.

If you are reading this email, it means that God has chosen you to benefit from my donation.My name is Mr. Roy Cockrum, 58 years old from Knoxville, Tennessee, United State. like you already know I won the Powerball Jackpot of $259.8 million on June 11, 2014. This money have changed my life and the life of my humble family, but won’t change my monastic heart. My humble family and I have decided to continue God's work after having much prayers with my former Episcopal monastic order members and some good servants of God. After a lot of prayers together, we make sure that my money goes a long way helping other people all over the world that are in need of financial assistance. I don't have much to say about my self now because am over excited.
I decided to donate 2,000,000 USD to you and your family.
I am very grateful to you for the interest shown in my first email and I want to assure you that you will be greatly rewarded for what you have chosen to do. Although we know each other now for the first time, but I believe God has directed me to you as I prayed and searched over the Internet for assistance and I saw your profile on a list of registered email addresses provided to me by Microsoft list from which I picked you to benefit from my donation.
Be assured, no risk is involve as the link bellow is my money source. For verification please see this link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2679967/Tennessee-man-claims-259-million-Powerball-prize.html
I have decided to donate to individuals and charity organizations, as I told my former Episcopal monastic order members and some ministers of God about this which they said was the best thing any kind and humble person should do. They promised to get me a list of some people who can help others with my donation and put a smile on the face of the needy. I also decided to select my self, by going to Microsoft and Google to make some research for people that will benefit from my $259.8 million. I picked you randomly from the list that my former Episcopal monastic order members and some good servants of God sent to me, and also from the list that was submitted to me by Google email registered list.
I decided to move to United Kingdom with my family because, since I won this lottery different taxes have been fallen upon me and much are coming, my former Episcopal monastic order members and my able minister's of God advice me to move to United Kingdom with my family rather than paying Tax each week.
My donation may not be much to you, but I believe it will go a long way to improving your standard of living like my Powerball Jackpot did to me. I would like you to fill the below and return back to me and my entire household will be glad for you to visit us after my donation gets to you. Do this on time so you can contact the payout bank for further directives to receive donation,

Name: Address:
Phone Number:

I do not want to ask you for your ID as we do not want to leave an impression in your mind that we want to steal your identity). I do hope that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. we will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

If you are interested in my donation, send me those information for you to contact an authorize payout bank.
God Bless you
Mr. Roy Cockrum.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
From: "The Roy Cockrum Foundation" <theroyfoundation@gmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2015
Subject: Re: Roy Foundational

The Roy Cockrum Foundation
445 S Gay ST, Suite 306, Knoxville, Tennessee 37902
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0168372/

Dear Beneficiary

This mail is to officially inform you about the authenticity/legitimacy of this award and also bring to your notice once again that it was your Profile through the Linkedin Social Network that emerged you a lucky beneficiary of Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pound Sterlings {7500,000.00GBP} in the on going Roy Cockrum Foundation World Wide Grants .Your winning verification process is completed and your winning funds is approved for remittance.You are now entitled to your full grant of 750,000.00 GBP cash which by now has been encoded in a bank transfer code.

Kindly allow me to inform you that just last month alone, I and my wife, discovered a huge number of double claims due to beneficiary's informing close friends relatives, attorneys and third parties about their donations. As a result, these close friends, relatives, attorneys and third parties tried to claim the donation sum on behalf of the real recipients thereby causing problems for the payout bank. Please be informed that any double claim discovered in the disbursement process, will certainly result to the cancellation of that particular donation, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real beneficiary, as it is taken that the real recipient was the informer to the double claimer about the donation. So you are hereby advised to keep your information strictly confidential until your claim has been fully recovered.

For the transfer of your funds, you are hereby advice to contact the Bank with details below.

BANK CONTACT DETAILS
Name of bank ==: SWEDBANK PLC.
Office address ==: Brunkebergstrog 8 Norrmalm, Stockholm.
Name of department ==: Transfer Department.
Transfer officer in charge ==: Mr. Deep Roberts
Contact number == Tel: +46844682377
Department E-mail==: customercare@swedbki.com
customerserviceswedbk@gmail.com

After the bank must have opened up a new on-line bank account for you, you will then be able to login and transfer your money from your online bank account to your local bank account there in your country. Congratulations and do not fail to update me with further correspondence with you and the bank so i can give feedbacks to my Foundation board of directors.

Note:You may likely receive more winning notification mails due to late delivery message from our other department.Please do disregard and delete the message.Thank you and congratulations once again.

Best Regard,
Mr. Roy Cockrum
The Roy Cockrum Foundation.

W

WinterTikaani

I received this exact same message from the Dr Tin Ka Ping Foundation. The wording is identical. I reported it to the foundation and they have warning on the foundations website as well. They had sent me a private message through my LinkedIn Account.

M

MaJ0r

Seems story continues. I've received recently on Linkedin message from Tin Ka Ping Foundation, and it has the same data:
BANK CONTACT DETAILS
Transfer officer in charge ==: Mr.Deep Roberts
Department E-mail==: customercare@swedbki.com customerserviceswedbk@gmail.com
I googled who is Tin Ka Ping and what is Tin Ka Ping Foundation, seems this foundation is real, but somebody uses this name for cheating with people. I googled website Swedbank and found that they use e-mails with domen name swedbank.xxx not swedbki and of course sounds weird if big bank had e-mail on gmail.
I think it's kind of fraud, they want to steal money or so, but I don't know how. If you have any suggestions or advice please let me know about that

Sapphire's Strike

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your post MaJ0r. Low life scammers and thieves often use bona fide names of people and companies for credibility. It is best that you ignore these people and know that by posting here you may help save a prospective victim, thank you. :)

B

Bernard Crouch

Philip Thomas Dunning

For the transfer of your funds, you are hereby advice to contact the Bank with details below.
BANK CONTACT DETAILS
Transfer officer in charge ==: Mr. Deep Roberts
Department E-mail==: customercare@swedbki.com
customerserviceswedbk@gmail.com
Claims to be donating £0.5m after winning the lottery and making contact via Linked In