Soylent Green and threats to AFI

Discussion in 'Alerts!' started by Miyuki, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

He just roves around and around looking for places to post nonsense. He might even post nonsense on another message board and get a lot of other people in trouble. Those senior people at that other website might have to work overtime or even double overtime to remove all of that.

2. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

Offhand I'd say that the rumours are true so maybe we should just get it out in the open. Maybe he'd enjoy discussing those.

3. Miyuki

No because I don't want to believe the rumors. If the rumors are actually true, then people I know and respect have violated the rules which they established for their website. Not only that but they have violated the whole ethos of their website.

4. Marie

Marie Administrator Staff Member

why he pretends to be a sex pervert? :confused:

5. Miyuki

Yes, but unlike you Chandra, I don't have to make it up.

6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

For a guy whose name is known and who works for the Public Works Dept. in the Kerala State govt. this guy is really sticking his neck out.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

Maybe they aren't feeding him enough at his other website. Still, they shouldn't feed trolls.

But hey troll, thanks for making me famous!

8. Miyuki

And you did that…how exactly? You used stolen information to string together an unintelligible mass of…what?

Well Chandra, to start with I see you are still using the identity of Alan James Watson. That’s called identity theft and that is a felony crime. Anyway, why do you need so many online identities? Why do you have to steal other people’s? Any you will never convince anyone that you are Alan James Watson because he is a much better man than you can hope to be, although you might someday be able to become more like him. And, no matter how many times I tell, that is not Yoda's name. The real AJW is nice enough not to sue you for harassment.

So, I’ll try to use small words for you so that you can understand them.

On the civil side, here’s what you’ve done: it’s called copyright infringement. For an initial definition see 17 U.S. Code § 501.
    As for the damages we can recover see 17 U.S. Code § 504 Remedies
    (a) In General.— Except as otherwise provided by this title, an infringer of copyright is liable for either—
    (1) the copyright owner’s actual damages and any additional profits of the infringer, as provided by subsection (b); or
    (2) statutory damages, as provided by subsection (c).

And, under 17 U.S. Code § 505, we could also be awarded attorney’s fees,
    In any civil action under this title, the court in its discretion may allow the recovery of full costs by or against any party other than the United States or an officer thereof. Except as otherwise provided by this title, the court may also award a reasonable attorney’s fee to the prevailing party as part of the costs.

Also of interest to you would be 17 U.S. Code § 506 which does also create a liability for criminal copyright violation:
    Any person who willfully infringes a copyright shall be punished as provided under section 2319 of title 18, if the infringement was committed—
    (A) for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain;

Now, on the criminal side, you have stolen or knowingly used stolen material from AFI and so here what the law says about that.
    18 U.S. Code § 1030 - Fraud and related activity in connection with computers
    Section (a)(5)(B) would be a starting point in dealing with you:
    intentionally accesses a protected computer without authorization, and as a result of such conduct, recklessly causes damage;
    You can check under section (4) for the penalties which apply but they include fines and prison terms.

Another possibility is 18 U.S. Code § 2511 - Interception and disclosure of wire, oral, or electronic communications prohibited; and I’ll just quote the whole long thing:
    (1) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter any person who—
    (a) intentionally intercepts, endeavors to intercept, or procures any other person to intercept or endeavor to intercept, any wire, oral, or electronic communication;
    (b) intentionally uses, endeavors to use, or procures any other person to use or endeavor to use any electronic, mechanical, or other device to intercept any oral communication when—
    (i) such device is affixed to, or otherwise transmits a signal through, a wire, cable, or other like connection used in wire communication; or
    (ii) such device transmits communications by radio, or interferes with the transmission of such communication; or
    (iii) such person knows, or has reason to know, that such device or any component thereof has been sent through the mail or transported in interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (iv) such use or endeavor to use (A) takes place on the premises of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or (B) obtains or is for the purpose of obtaining information relating to the operations of any business or other commercial establishment the operations of which affect interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (v) such person acts in the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States;
    (c) intentionally discloses, or endeavors to disclose, to any other person the contents of any wire, oral, or electronic communication, knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, oral, or electronic communication in violation of this subsection;
    (d) intentionally uses, or endeavors to use, the contents of any wire, oral, or electronic communication, knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of a wire, oral, or electronic communication in violation of this subsection; or
    (e)
    (i) intentionally discloses, or endeavors to disclose, to any other person the contents of any wire, oral, or electronic communication, intercepted by means authorized by sections 2511 (2)(a)(ii), 2511 (2)(b)–(c), 2511(2)(e), 2516, and 2518 of this chapter,
    (ii) knowing or having reason to know that the information was obtained through the interception of such a communication in connection with a criminal investigation,
    (iii) having obtained or received the information in connection with a criminal investigation, and
    (iv) with intent to improperly obstruct, impede, or interfere with a duly authorized criminal investigation,
    shall be punished as provided in subsection (4) or shall be subject to suit as provided in subsection (5).

Sorry that’s bit lengthy for someone with your attention span.

Another possibility law enforcement could use against you is 18 U.S. Code § 2701 - Unlawful access to stored communications. Here’s the whole thing. I think if you read it slowly you can understand it.

(a) Offense.— Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section whoever—
    (1) intentionally accesses without authorization a facility through which an electronic communication service is provided; or
    (2) intentionally exceeds an authorization to access that facility;
    and thereby obtains, alters, or prevents authorized access to a wire or electronic communication while it is in electronic storage in such system shall be punished as provided in subsection (b) of this section.
    (b) Punishment.— The punishment for an offense under subsection (a) of this section is—
    (1) if the offense is committed for purposes of commercial advantage, malicious destruction or damage, or private commercial gain, or in furtherance of any criminal or tortious act in violation of the Constitution or laws of the United States or any State—
    (A) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or both, in the case of a first offense under this subparagraph; and
    (B) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both, for any subsequent offense under this subparagraph; and
    (2) in any other case—
    (A) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 1 year or both, in the case of a first offense under this paragraph; and
    (B) a fine under this title or imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or both, in the case of an offense under this subparagraph that occurs after a conviction of another offense under this section.
    (c) Exceptions.— Subsection (a) of this section does not apply with respect to conduct authorized—
    (1) by the person or entity providing a wire or electronic communications service;
    (2) by a user of that service with respect to a communication of or intended for that user; or
    (3) in section 2703, 2704 or 2518 of this title.

So that’s a little long but I’m sure you’ll want to discuss it with your lawyer friend, the one in California. He deals with criminal law so he should have a good idea of what’s involved here, although I will point out that if the USA federal government is indicting you and prosecuting you there’s no telling what else they might come up with. In any case, you may not be alone as the sole defendant. You may have several co-defendants to keep you company.

9. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

This is very serious prison time. One wonders why some one would do such a thing and coupled with allegations of, Defamation, Harassment, Stalking, an admission of hacking and impersonation and a whole host of other provable illegal activities, it seems very foolish to do such things.

I am sure that even in India there are similar laws, and if one were to be involved in such activities and lived somewhere like say Philadelphia or Florida in the USA, then it could be even easier to find and charge someone.

10. Central Scrutinizer

I think he should just sit down and STFU.

11. Sphinx

He's a troll, CS. He can't shut up and he's so screwy up you never know what he's going to say or who he is going to tell things to. I'd be worried if he worked for me.

12. Central Scrutinizer

Yeah, that is nice of him to share some of the information he has from those other sites.

13. Sphinx

Remember how he used to rant at that other website about cashbaiting? You know, the one that got closed down? I wonder if he'd like some of that stuff posted. He'd probably deny it though. Why does he remind me so much of Danny B?

14. Miyuki

Because trolls are all the same.

15. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

His masters should just come out and say what they want to say. There's no point in sending out a child to do a man's work.

16. Sphinx

No no no. Don't talk about his masters. He gets very upset when you suggest that he is a toady, a stooge, a lackey, or a flunky.

17. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

What about if we call him an imperialist running dog?

18. Miyuki

No, just call him a troll or a cashbaiter. He seems to have forgotten a lot of his history in that regard. Maybe we need to refresh his memory about some of the rants he used to make.

19. Central Scrutinizer

So, Dr. Jones, we meet again.....bwa ha ha. I guess the law is busy byting itself in the ass but it looks like the Facebook terms of service bit you in yours, Chandra. Real hard. But go ahead, put up another fake FB profile. I love killing those. Ha ha ha ha!

20. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Soylent green needing professional help.

We may have to type slowly for Soylent green and use small words as he has admitted to having mental issues.

Here is what he says in his own words:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.