Steven Michael, car sale

Discussion in 'Internet Sales scam' started by OLD VW BEETLE, May 6, 2010.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. this fraudster is at it again from answering advertisement in www.cars.com.au

You have received a PayPal Payment of $8,650.00 AUD from Steven Michael (stevemicpj2@y7mail.com).

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (Paws Express Logistics).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the $900.00 AUD to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Transport Company (PAWS EXPRESS)
    Address: Mr Paul Brown
    112, Moarville Road, Speke,
    Liverpool, L70 1AB
    United Kingdom.

Address Status: Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested. Should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as: Sender's Name; Receiver's Name; MTCN; Amount Sent; You may Click Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information or to contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and include either transaction ID or reference number (PP307) quick recognition of this transaction at [paypalaccountant.link@emailaccount.com]

DON'T BE CAUGHT BY THIS PRICK

2. Ann

Ann Guest

This prick is at it again

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sat, 8 May 2010
    Subject: Re: TOYOTA Camry CSI - $1200

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now for my DAD and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the goods to be a surprise for DAD so i wont let him know anything about the goods until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with the Product. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments asap for the goods and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. have a pick up agent that will come and pick the goods up after i have made the payments...

Thanks
    Steve

3. wiseoldwesty

wiseoldwesty New Member

I had this exact letter sent to me for the sale of a motorbike,you would think that he would change his name or letter from time to time!

4. Willo

Willo Guest

Same message

Yep this prick is at it again.....

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buying it now for my DAD and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the goods to be a surprise for DAD so i wont let him know anything about the goods until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with the Product. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address and the price so i can make the payments asap for the goods and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. have a pick up agent that will come and pick the goods up after i have made the payments...

Thanks

Steve

DON"T GET SUCKED IN

5. random guy

random guy Guest

Same deal guys

I have receved the exact same emails about a car Im selling has anyone sent him a paypal Invoice?
    what a jerk I even upped the price a grand and he fxxxxxd up and sent the same email as the first ha ha way to go dickhead

6. wmsawchuk

wmsawchuk Guest

Same trick, maybe different person

I also received the same emails about a car I'm selling but the reason for using PayPal was different than those previously listed (see below).

Thanks for your time.I'm buying it for my son that just got an admission abroad and being his first time of relocating outside Australia and just to wish him good luck with school.I will only be making payment via paypal safest online payment(pls visit www.paypal.com) as have been burnt many times via online bank transfer/payment and for the convenience of both parties i have organized with someone to come pick it up as soon as we're through with payment.I want you to know that i would have come with cash in hand myself and do the necessary things before concluding on payment but i'm not in the country right now due to work commitments, we save peoples life as i'm a public health worker with which we get transferred to a whole lot of places at anytime.So let me know your exact final selling price and email me your paypal account details so that i can transfer the funds at my earliest convenience.

I don't know if there is one person involved with this scam, or many, because the "person" I was dealing with was Ms. Pauline Preston and her email address is [pshowoff1@gmail.com]. PayPal does not deal with Western Union so be aware of any emails that tell you to pay money to Western Union before PayPal will release funds to you.

7. ccleemoff21

ccleemoff21 New Member

Paws Express Logistics

Thank you to all of you for posting such fraudulent activity. You all saved me a terrible headache and financial problem. Then again- remember Paypal does not ask for sellers to send money to transport a purchase before you have recieved payment yourself.

I have sent this email and another fake one from him to [spoof@paypal.com]

Once again THANKS for the warning.

You have received a PayPal Payment of $ 4,150.00 USD from Sean Terro (sean.terro@yahoo.com).

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges ( Paws Express Logistics).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, and send the $ 950.00 USD to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction. As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by directly replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction, it has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,and all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one monitored for your transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union
    Office

Address: John COLD
    #112, Moarville Road, Speke,
    Liverpool, L70 1AB
    United Kingdom.
    Email : [pawexpress@financier.com]

Address Status: Confirmed

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details requested . Should either be sent in JPG format or send type details as:

Sender's Name; Receiver's Name; MTCN; Amount Sent;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may Click Here or reply to this message directly using the reply button in your email to submit the required information or to contact the PayPal Customer Verification Department and include either transaction ID or reference number (PP307) quick recognition of this transaction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sincerely,
    PayPal

PayPal Email ID PP307

8. Ti - Beaware

Ti - Beaware Guest

Guess who i have recieved an email from

I have recieved an email from no one other than [seanterro@aol.com] asking me about details and photos of my car. I just googled his name and guess what pops up - all this useful information to this scam artist. I thank everyone greatlty who have posted this information.

I eagerly await his email. lol

Take care guys and beaware.

God bless

9. artemis7878

artemis7878 New Member

guys - BACK FOR THE XMAS SPREE

Shocking..I thought something was up by the 4th email i replied back to this prick with...just gutted i posted my full address though...is that likely just going to encourage them to target us more ...??

this was for an ad placed in gumtree for a cd player/dj equipment i was selling...

--------------

On 1 Dec 2010, at 01:35, Kelly M wrote:

the money has been payed through paypal.....didnt you recieve the confirmation from them ??????????????????? you are to send 300 to the shipping company through western union and get back to western union wth the reciept of payment. then they will credit your account...period

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, DEMI <demi@sexonwax.com> wrote:
    Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Pioneer CDJ/DVJ 1000 - mint condition (2)
    To: "Kelly M" <kellym59@rocketmail.com>
    Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010,

so the money has been sent via western union to me???...and then with the confirmation receipt which I collect at a western union collection point then I need to get in touch with paypal..??

On 1 Dec 2010, at 00:53, Kelly M wrote:

you have to get back to paypal with the reciept of the western union payment to the shipping company...when that is done, then they will credit your account....

Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010

so I understand, who am I waiting to hear from..?

On 1 Dec 2010, at 00:37, Kelly M wrote:

Thanks for the response, i will like you to know that the money has been deducted from my account and as per paypal new rules, the money will only be credited into your account once they recieve the western union information for the pick up agent, once the money is been sendt to the pick up, you should get back to paypal with the scan copy receipt of the western union, so they can remit the money into your account after verification, kindly follow the instructions and get back to me...

---
    Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 12:32 AM

hi kelly,

. As of now, nothing yet but if it has already left yours then I'm sure this will appear within the next 24 hours. As soon as this comes through I will let you know and then we can deal with the shipping as per your instructions

thanks again

On 30 Nov 2010, at 23:52, Kelly M wrote:

Thanks for the business, i will like you to know that the payment has been made and paypal must have contacted you by now, more also i will need you to do something for me, i contacted the shipping company about the pick up, about their payment but they insisted that i must pay before the service, and they only accept payment through cash or western union money transfer,and it must be made to their outlet in cambodia, so i included their money to the payment that was made, kindly help me in sending the money to them so that they can come for the pick up.the information has been given to paypal and they will get back to you with it. thanks..

--- Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Pioneer CDJ/DVJ 1000 - mint condition (2)
    Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010,

PAYPAL IS
    d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

address is
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please forward a payment of £1245.

On 30 Nov 2010, at 11:31, Kelly M wrote:

Hello seller.

Thanks for the urgent response,i will like you to know that i am interested in the item, i have gone though the pictures on Google and i can see that its exactly what i am looking for. I will like to purchase it and get it for my church as a donation, i will also be arranging for the pick up cus i have a pick up agent that can come for the pick up, i will be making payment through paypal because of the nature of my job and i have attached my bank account to it, i am a marine engineer, and i am currently working on sea, i only have access to the internet and no phone calls.kindly get back to me with your full address and your paypal id so i can make the payment as soon as possible and the pick up can be made..Hope to read from you real soon.

--- Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Pioneer CDJ/DVJ 1000 - mint condition (2)
    To: [kellym59@rocketmail.com]
    Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010

it is yes but there is only one available now - the other sold already

On 30 Nov 2010, at 08:47, [kellym59@rocketmail.com] wrote:

Hi there , you have received a reply to your Gumtree posting "Pioneer CDJ/DVJ 1000 - mint condition (2)" (ad# 69295725) from <kellym59@rocketmail.com>:

Hello seller....

I will like to know if this add is still up for sale...

10. Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Giant Admin for a Day Staff Member

Thank you, and please don't post your personal information here like your name and email address. Thank you.

11. artemis7878

artemis7878 New Member

hi gentle giant

i didn't think i included my address in the post, only my email which is registered on my profile s am happy to leave this on...I put !!!!! for my address for the sake of posting

i am going to call paypal once their offices open..? has this kind of thing been reported to them before??

i am uk based so they've obviously broadened their scam net...

12. artemis7878

artemis7878 New Member

thank you

much appreciated..i didn't realise..

in any case, my address as is the majority of the uk population is known so in that respect, i got nothing to hide..we'll always be targets the way i see it..but thank you anyway

i will notify them of this anyway ..u say 1000's ...but still what are they doing about it or are they helpless in this situation...this is what is worrying now because paypal is deemed to be safe, to be secure and i use this all the time for regular purchases (ebay, music downloads) - how safe will paypal really be now ...I'm honestly thinking of closing my account all together now because of this

13. here is his new one

Hello Dan,
    Thank you for your mail. I will proceed with the
    payments immediately and i hope to hear from you very soon. Highest
    regards.

On 12/9/10, Dan wrote:
    > i have sent you a payment request from paypal that should be everything you
    > need
    > and i will try to get some pictures of the car for you today
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ________________________________
    > From: Yiannis Miller <yiannismiller@gmail.com>
    > Sent: Thu, December 9, 2010 12:08:51 PM
    > Subject: Re: 0
    >
    > Hello Daniel,Thank you for your mail. As i explained to you in my
    > previous mail that I'm on rig right now and that the pick up fee will
    > be included in your payment,After receiving cash on payment,You will
    > kindly make the money payable to the pick up agents via western
    > union,After which pick up would be scheduled at your location.. I hope
    > we understand each other? Kindly get back to me as soon as you can
    > with your Paypal details so i can make out payment immediately..Thank
    > you for your understanding..
    >
    > On 12/9/10, Dan wrote:
    >> i have sent you a request of payment from paypal also when were you
    >> thinking
    >> of
    >> picking up the car so i can have it ready for you

>> ________________________________
    >> From: Yiannis Miller <yiannismiller@gmail.com>
    >> To: Dan
    >> Sent: Wed, December 8, 2010 9:51:58 PM
    >> Subject: Re: 1994 mazda 626 - $1000
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the swift response,i am a Marine engineer and i am on rig
    >> right now, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and
    >> price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment is
    >> paypal, Please take the item off craigslist so no other buyer can ask
    >> about it.I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up fee will
    >> be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up
    >> company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your
    >> location after payment has been made and cashed,as i have other
    >> properties to be moved alongside with yours.
    >> I would have really loved to come for the viewing but due to my work
    >> frame that might not be possible,but if you have the pics,might want
    >> to have a good look.
    >> Please do get back to me with your paypal email address so i can make
    >> out payment and if you don't have paypal account, you can set up at
    >> www.paypal.com.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> On 12/9/10, Dan wrote:
    >>> the body is in good shape the trunk release does not work it has brand
    >>> new
    >>> tires
    >>> not even 500 miles on the the power windows and locks work i drove it
    >>> every
    >>> day
    >>> up ontell the fuel filter got cloged and the windsheild is cracked other
    >>> then
    >>> that its in good shapeyou can call me if you have any more questions
    >>> thanks dan

>>> ________________________________
    >>> From: Yiannis Miller <yiannismiller@gmail.com>
    >>> Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 5:29:51 PM
    >>> Subject:

>>> Hello,Can you please get back to me with the condition of this
    >>> merchandise? Thank you.
    >>> Is this your Final Price

14. :-)

:-) Guest

maria

Im the one u've mesg at cenbuanas.com
    Its maria

15. Car sale from www.marktplaats.nl

I had the same experience just now concerning a car sale but they now used a different name and almost a similar story.
    Below I have copy page the way they are working in there e-mails.
    They say that they transfered more money for the shipping company (PAWS EXPRESS LOGISTICS)
    When they ask me to pay €. 900,00 for the shipping/transportation costs it hits me and informed local police.
    In my case they are using Credit Europe Bank and I checked but they were not known with this deposit.

PLEASE BE AWARE if you receive e-mails like below when selling things.

Mail 1:
    Re: Reactie Bod: Ford Fiesta Futura 1.3
    iyanu via Marktplaats <b.2vtmqyf61n3l9@mail.marktplaats.nl>

<b.2vtmqyf61n3l9@mail.marktplaats.nl>
    Thanks for your fast response, I am ready to buy this car for my partner and i believe he will surely like this car...I want to buy this car for him as a surprise gift and i want you to get back to me with the conditions of the car... When last did you service the car? I wait to hear from you asap..

Thanks..

Mail 2:
    Re: Reactie Bod: Ford Fiesta Futura 1.3
    iyanu via Marktplaats <b.2vtmqyf61n3l9@mail.marktplaats.nl>

Hello,

Thanks for your response, the car is okay by me... I am ready to buy this car as a gift for my partner and i am at sea at the moment because i am a Marine Engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the Car to be a surprise package to my partner so i won't let him know anything about the Car until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be very happy with the Car. I will transfer the money to you via PayPal or via Bank Transfer because i think that is the only secure way to pay you for the Car, i will need you to give me your PayPal Email Address or your Bank Account Details so that i can proceed with the payment today... Please if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to <www.paypal.com> and get it set up.. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the Car up after i have made the payments...Hope to read the payment details from you soon and here are the details needed from you below:

Your Full Name
    Your Personal Email Address
    Your Bank Account Details
    Your Total Amount
    Your Phone Number

I wait to receive the payment details from you soon..
    Thanks.

Mail 3:
    I have just make the payment now, You have to complete the transaction by sending the extra money to my shipping agent
    smith john <smithyabila01@gmail.com?

<smithyabila01@gmail.com>
    Hello, I have just make the payment and i hope you must have been notified in your email about the payment i made through my Bank, you can check your e-mail for the confirmation of payment and you can also check your spam box because it goes there sometimes, I havemake the payment of 5,300 EUR, and I have decided to add the amount of 900 EUR which i paid through my Bank, So I want you to help me send the sum of 800 EUR to my agent via MoneyGram Money Transfer so that they can be able to come to pick the car up, and also my Bank said they won't release the funds to your account until they get the MoneyGram information from you due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made. I will need you to send the 800 EUR to my pick up agent Headquarters where they normally confirm any commission payment to via MoneyGram Money Transfer (this can be done from the post office, or you can locate the nearest MoneyGram shop close to you) as they usually have a MoneyGram agent there), I added extra 100 EUR to cover the MoneyGram Charges which shouldn't be more than 40-55 EUR, but just to be sure i added 100 EUR, Here is my pick upagent Headquarter info needed to get the money sent through MoneyGram Money Transfer:

Name: Claudia Samano
    City: Ventura
    State: California
    ZipCode: 93004

Please Once you get the money sent to my agent, kindly email the necessary details to me and my Bank: Such as the MoneyGram Scanned Copy receipt given to you after you get the money sent at the MoneyGram Office.. Hope you can go ahead now and send the 800 EUR to my agent address given to you..and get back to me with all the transfer details, so i can forward it to my Bank or better stillyou can email it to my Bank directly.

I wait to read from you as soon as you get the money sent

Mail 4:
    Important Information on how to complete your recent transaction (Transaction ID: SW18099887672990NL)
    iyanu via Marktplaats

<http://www.adplayers.ro/files/article_pictures/credit_europe%20Bank.jpg>

<http://www.cpk.ua/images/news/5346243574c11ec4a13607.jpg>

The Wire Transfer Order from Credit Europe Bank® Online Banking has been Approved .
    Transaction code : SW18099887672990NL

Dear xxxx,

You have received a Bank Payment of € 5,300.00 EUR from Mr Smith Abila <smithyabila01@gmail.com>

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per our New Bank Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (Paws Express Logistics).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account. We advice you go to nearest MoneyGram Office, and send the € 900.00 EUR to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your MoneyGram Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via MoneyGram Money Transfer.

Click Here To Locate Nearest MoneyGram Office

Address:
    Name : Claudia Samano
    Zip code: 93004

Address Status: Confirmed <https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=p/pop/confirmed_address>
    © 2014 Microsoft Gebruiksrechtovereenkomst Privacy en cookies Ontwikkelaars Nederlands

Mail 5:
    I have just make the payment now, You have to complete the transaction by sending the extra money to my shipping agent
    iyanu via Marktplaats

Hello, I have just make the payment and i hope you must have been notified in your email about the payment i made through my Bank, you can check your e-mail for the confirmation of payment and you can also check your spam box because it goes there sometimes, I havemake the payment of 5,300 EUR, and I have decided to add the amount of 900 EUR which i paid through my Bank, So I want you to help me send the sum of 800 EUR to my agent via MoneyGram Money Transfer so that they can be able to come to pick the car up, and also my Bank said they won't release the funds to your account until they get the MoneyGram information from you due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made. I will need you to send the 800 EUR to my pick up agent Headquarters where they normally confirm any commission payment to via MoneyGram Money Transfer (this can be done from the post office, or you can locate the nearest MoneyGram shop close to you) as they usually have a MoneyGram agent there), I added extra 100 EUR to cover the MoneyGram Charges which shouldn't be more than 40-55 EUR, but just to be sure i added 100 EUR, Here is my pick upagent Headquarter info needed to get the money sent through MoneyGram Money Transfer:

Name: Claudia Samano
    ZipCode: 93004

Please Once you get the money sent to my agent, kindly email the necessary details to me and my Bank: Such as the MoneyGram Scanned Copy receipt given to you after you get the money sent at the MoneyGram Office.. Hope you can go ahead now and send the 800 EUR to my agent address given to you..and get back to me with all the transfer details, so i can forward it to my Bank or better stillyou can email it to my Bank directly.

I wait to read from you as soon as you get the money sent

BE AWARE FOR THIS KIND OF INTERNET SCAM

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  16. Nederlander

Nederlander Guest

His name is Marcos Samano and his Facebook account is Marcos Samano in his friends list can you see that bitch Claudia samano. Sorry my english is very bad but i will help you all I HATE THIS GUY he send me the same emails as i seen here