Thank you Gmail.

Discussion in 'Thank You!' started by Sphinx, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

The same people who screwed up yahoo apparently have now gone to work on gmail.

I can't get into one of my accounts with my PW and there's some 8 page verification form that goes nowhere. They ask me what other google products I use, like I want others.

2. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

Gmail did it too?

3. Naruto

Naruto Administrator Staff Member

It is stupid. I think they changed everyone's password. I can't get into my gmail account.

4. toper01

toper01 Moderator Staff Member

Hasn't happened to me...yet.I've loads of Gmail addys and all seem to be accessible so far,fingers crossed.

5. Will Konsider

Will Konsider Emeritus

I also have loads of Gmail accounts. Some of them I haven't used for quite a while (>1 year), but I recently accessed them without any problems.

With most of my Gmail accounts, I have them linked to another email account or I have it linked to my cell number for verification purposes.

6. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

Ah they're completely screwed up now too. I'm going to start using Yandex or something.

E-lunatic likes this.
  7. Where do they hire these "security" idiots?

E-lunatic likes this.
  8. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

From Yahoo. :rolleyes:

9. Gmail has extremely stupid protection from being hacked.
    Due to this I cant set my yandex mail account to harvest my emails from gmail account through IMAP
    I set my correct username and password but yandex mail could not connect because it kicked out by gmail for having suspicious activity!
    I wanted to contact gmail support but they mock me having to go through tons of unnecessary "help" articles instead of providing simple contact form
    Overally Gmail is good to use excluding above reason to blame