Thank you Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Thank You!' started by Central Scrutinizer, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

You know I used to think only Microsoft could put shit in a box and sell it. I thought only Microsoft could write software that would uninstall its own programs. I thought only Microsoft could create an email program that they could constantly fuck up with "improvements". Now I see that Yahoo has caught the Microsoft disease.

So thank you Yahoo. What was once simple is complicated and doesn't even work. Way to go.

2. Quark

Quark Moderator Staff Member

Maybe they hire people who worked at Microsoft.

3. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

Oh, did they screw up your email CS? :( Boo hoo. Welcome to the real world. They've been doing that for months to people. I don't even think it's optional any more. Still, they have really screwed up their mail system. No one likes it. Well no one I know.

4. Kat

Omg. This is horrible. I can't even send an email with this new yahoo junk email. Maybe this is the master plan to stop the scammers. If scammers can't compose an email they can't scam anyone.

And it doesn't even matter what browser I use- yahoo mail seems to be screwed up in all of them.

5. Jessica

Jessica Administrator Staff Member

This is just awful.

6. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

It's fiendishly clever of them.

7. Kat

It doesn't work with Firefox any more. How could they screw this up so badly? This is unacceptable.

8. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

It is terrible. They just ruined my email. :(

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

Damme. Horrendous.

10. Ben

Ben Samurai

11. Shadow

Shadow Ninja

I too, have problems with Yahoo messenger not working with Firefox. My solution is to start Explorer and google something (anything). Once I've done that I can then get Yahoo messenger up and running and then shut down Explorer. I've not had any problems with Yahoo email.

12. The Doctor

I hate it. I hate these sods.

Zita_Sumac likes this.
  13. Breille

Breille New Member

I do sometimes have trouble trying to close my yahoo-mail account! It just wont' load the log-out area. so everything I can do is close the tab, restart yahoo and hope that this time it loads. Sucks, especially if you are at a public PC and in a hurry...

14. Quark

Quark Moderator Staff Member

Half the time it doesn't want to open an actual email. It always says it has some problem opening it.

15. Nanook

Nanook Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't work well on Safari.

16. Kat

It doesn't work really well on Firefox. :(

17. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Safari doesn't work well. :p

18. It's about cash:

The Web sites you visit work with online advertising companies to provide you with advertising that is as relevant and useful as possible. Some of the online ads you are served may be based on the content of the Web page you're visiting; some others may be based on registration information you provide; some may be based expressly on your search history and other ads may be customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to other Web sites.

Who placed this ad?
    This ad was served by Yahoo!.

Where can I learn more about how Yahoo! selects ads?
    Please read about Yahoo!'s privacy and advertising practices.

Yahoo! may use your searches, demographics data, and location information to select the ads you see. To manage your location, please visit Yahoo!'s Location Management page.

What choices do I have about interest-based advertising from Yahoo!?
    Manage interest-based advertising categories, or opt-out of all categories, from Yahoo!

Visit the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance to see your opt-out choices from other participating companies.

19. Ben

Ben Samurai

I got one of these :(

To: xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk
    Sent: Friday, 16 August 2013, 10:08
    Subject: An update was made to your Mail account

_________------------________

It looked very much like a Phishing attempt before I checked the web.
    note: all your saved contacts are stored on Yahoo servers. Yahh.jpg
    also see http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Y-Mail/conversations/topics/25468.

and Leos comments,use his search box, it actually works: http://askleo.com/what-does-it-mean-that-yahoo-is-releasing-email-addresses/

20. The Doctor

They can't even load emails. :mad: