Thank you Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Thank You!' started by Central Scrutinizer, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Lioness1

Lioness1 Banned

2. Jessica

Jessica Administrator Staff Member

Wow. They aren't kidding.

3. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

Damn these people and their stupid security. I can't even get into my email with my security question. :mad: And I can't get into my associated gmail account. :mad::mad:

4. Nanook

Nanook Administrator Staff Member

Kat, as I said before.

5. Kat

6. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

2 days with no problems at all, maybe they are listening, maybe they saw this thread?????

7. Hua Mulan

Hua Mulan Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so. It doesn't want to send my email.

8. Kat

....and it doesn't, even when the box is checked.

And it can't even load spam.

9. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

You may have to have cookies enabled for this to work. I have a similar thing with Gmail it says it has stored other accounts, but it always disappears when I re-boot.

10. Kat

Yoda, it keeps me signed in for 11 days and then on the 12th day....I have to login again, just because. It's probably just another of the new and improved features.

11. Nanook

Nanook Administrator Staff Member

Temporary Error

An unexpected problem has occurred. Performing your action again in a few moments will probably solve the problem. If it persists, we suggest you close this window and re-launch Yahoo! Mail.

I admit it. I used yahoo mail. Apparently now it can't open any email with an attachment.

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

Temporary Error
    Failed to open mailbox
    Refresh page
    Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

Temporary error: 2

Yep. Using yahoo mail is always an error.

13. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

Possible explanation of what Yahoo is doing?

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/02/yahoo-encryption/?ncid=rss_truncated

Yahoo encrypts almost everything, says more security updates are on the way

BY Sean Buckley @seaniccus April 2nd 2014, at 8:22:00 pm ET

After finding its name on an NSA target list, Yahoo understandably pledged to shore up its security efforts. The plan was to encrypt all information moving between its data centers while simultaneously giving users the option to use encryption for all of its online services. Now the company says it's almost there, explaining on its Tumblr page that data center traffic is now fully encrypted, Yahoo searches and homepage traffic defaults to HTTPS encryption and noting that webmail has been encrypted since January.

Users can also encrypt Yahoo News, Sports, Finance and other services by manually adding HTTPS before the site's URL. It's good progress, but there's more work to do. "This isn't a project where we'll ever check a box and be finished," Alex Stamos, Yahoo's new security Chief, explained. "Our fight to protect our users and their data is an on-going and critical effort." Next up? An encrypted build of Yahoo Messenger, due for release later this year. Check out Yahoo's official Tumblr for the full security update.

14. Kat

I cannot go from the spam folder into the inbox. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

15. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

I can't even open this inbox. If scammers can't ever open their email then they can't scam people! Voila! Scam problem solved!

16. Kat

Most people would call this incompetent or inept and they would change to some other email service.

17. Central Scrutinizer

I wish they'd quit trying to make me so secure. Anyway, today they are so fucked up I can't even delete spam. I can't believe that yahoo customers have asked for any of these changes.

18. Kat

Whatever. :mad:

19. Central Scrutinizer

Okay just so I post some negative comments now they're loading me up with spam mail in Portuguese.

20. Will Konsider

Will Konsider Emeritus

And the problem is you don't speak Portuguese? :p