Timothy Gillespie

B

bostonScamSucks

strikes again in Boston

He's got another name now. The name didn't pop up in google searches as sketchy, but when I put the phone number in I came across this forum...THANK YOU!.

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your enquiry. My name is Timothy Gillespie I own the apartment located at 75 Waltham St #3, Boston MA 02118 .The rent is $700 Per Month all Utilities included. I inherited the property from my late parent who died in a ghastly accident last year. I was also involved in the accident too; hence I lost my legs so I’m in a wheelchair. Presently I’m in a missionary school in West Africa and my wife just joined me here,I need an occupant for the apartment ASAP...

Let me tell you a little about me. I’m the only child of my late parent, I love to serve God and that is way I’m in missionary school presently in West Africa .Initially, I planned to sell out the apartment, but I changed my mind when I found out that the agent is inflating the prize hence making it very difficult to sell. More over my wife is very much in love with the apartment, she prefer us to rent it instead of selling. I need a very responsible person (With good credit) that can take very good care of the apartment and live there like it’s his or her own. As you know I’m in a wheelchair now and the renting of my apartment is the only way I can assist myself and my wife. I will be in the States by May, when I come I will schedule a meeting with you. I hope that by then you would have settled down as my tenant.
If you are willing to rent from me then go ahead and fill out the rental Application form below.

(1) Your Full Name:
(2) Your Full Address & Phone Number
(3) Occupation:
(4) Marital status:
(5) Rental Payment plan ranging from 1 month, 3 months or 6 months or 1 year...(indicate most convenient option)
(6) Duration of rent:
(7) Age:
When my wife was coming to join me here in West Africa she came with the apartment keys and documents, Once I receive a feedback from you I will make arrangement for the keys and documents including an Authorization letter to be shipped to your designated address . I will need you to give me a call so that we can sort this out.My cell phone line is 0112348036176841 if you are dialing from a land line or +2348036176841 if you are dialing from a cell phone.
God bless you abundantly.
Timothy Gillespie.

Tim

Craigs List Property Scam - Timothy Gillespie

There is an indvidual(s) using my identity and position as Vice President, ATB Financial, trying to sell/rent property through Craigs list. I own no property in the United States and any advertisements/postings connected to me are completely false.

Garreg Ddu

Gweinyddwr
Staff member
There is an indvidual(s) using my identity and position as Vice President, ATB Financial, trying to sell/rent property through Craigs list. I own no property in the United States and any advertisements/postings connected to me are completely false.
@ Tim,

:welcome: to AFI and thank you very much for posting this information. We are most grateful to everyone who helps us to keep innocent people and their identities safe.

If you think that you have had your identity stolen by a criminal, you will find a lot of very helpful information on the Fraudaid Website.

Please feel free to contact any of the Admin Team by Private Message (top right by the login name welcome) if you need confidential help. There is a list at the link Your friendly neighborhood admin team.

Garreg Ddu

Tim

Timothy Gillespie - Craigs List

Yet another address using my identity falsely. I do not own this property and it is a scam:

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 65 Nassau St , financial district. New York. NY. The monthly rent is $1100, security is the same as rent $1100.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

The scammers' email address on this one is [strenght77@yahoo.com].

C

Call me Naive

Another rental scam under the name of Timothy Gillespie!

Advertised Apartment Address: 75 Livingston St #22B, Brooklyn NY 11201
Where Advertised: Craigslist New York Apartments
Email used: [glorylove47@yahoo.com]

My Story: I used the craigslist messaging system to initiate correspondence with this fraud claiming to be Timothy Gillespie.

Here are the emails:

Subject: apartment
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 1:43 PM
Hi,
I am interested in your apartment listed on craigslist. Could you send me more information?
Thanks

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Timothy Gillespie <glorylove47@yahoo.com> wrote:
My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 75 Livingston St #22B, Brooklyn NY 11201. The monthly rent is $710, security is the same as rent $710.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 2 months rent and a
security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you
accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment. FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.
Call me on +1206-203-4680 for more update.
THE LEASE IS FLEXIBLE (3 MONTHS) (6MONTHS) (1YEAR) (2YEARS)
Get back to me with the following if you are still intesrested.
Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Home/Cell Phone & Work Phone:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Address for Last one Year:
Date of Birth:
Person to Notify in Emergency:
Relationship with this person:
Address of this person:
Phone number:
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Tim.
+1206-203-4680

Subject: Re: apartment
To: "Timothy Gillespie" [glorylove47@yahoo.com]
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 12:12 AM
Hi Tim,
I have attached the information you requested. Do you have a copy of the contract/lease so I could look that over?
Thank you

From "Timothy Gillespie" [glorylove47@yahoo.com]
Date Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:23 AM
subject more info
We highly appreciate the high level of seriousness on the apartment. Because of this, we have decided to rent the apartment to you with out asking any further questions. My wife was very excited that you are going to become our first tenant. The utilities are included in the rent.
I want to be sure you have the money at hand before flying down to the US , like i mentioned in my previous email, I am a very busy man and will like to be sure before taking the risk.
TO AVOID MULTIPLE CANDIDATE: We will remove the ad from www..craigslist.org
As soon as I hear from you I will let you know my flight schedule.
Regards and God bless.
Tim.
-----------------------------------------

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!

Thankfully, I realized this was too good to be true and dug a little deeper. I found the advertised apartment listed "for rent" on craigslist.org listed as "for sale" on a separate real estate website. It seems to me that this fraud uses pictures from apartments/condos/homes that are for sale on the internet to post fraudulent listings for rent on craigslist. This fraud claims to be the owner of the property under a separate stolen identity and then makes up a story about having a hard time selling the apartment/condo/home and is hence trying to find a renter as his/her next best option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim

Timothy Gillespie Craigs List Scam

More of the same scam from individual impersonating me.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Timothy Gillespie <livingaffairs@yahoo.com> wrote:
My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment 2 S End Ave. Battery park city, NY. The monthly rent is $720, security is the same as rent $720.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you
accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment. FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

S

Scammer in the Bx

Craigslist Scammer in the Bx

*****This is an e-mail that this guy sent me after I saw his posting on Craigslist***** Call me stupid but I kind of got my hopes up for a moment. When I put his name into Google, I didn't find anything strange but then I searched his phone number and I found this website, thankfully!!

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 3725 Henry Hudson Pkwy #9D, Bronx NY. The monthly rent is $780, security is the same as rent $780. Presently, I am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

Get back to me with the following if you are still interested.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Tim.
+1 206-203-4680

W

Just got this too.
My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the 2 Cornelia St. New York.NY. The monthly rent is $900, security deposit is also $900. Presently, I am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. Which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason; we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly, a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

To move in you must have proof that you can afford a total of two months rent and Security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you are capable of giving me reliable proof that you can afford the rent. FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Tim.
+1 206-203-4680

"K7" numbers generally have (206) area codes as the company providing the numbers is in Seattle. K7 is a free voice mail/fax number that the lad's have become quite fond off.

There are rather fond of the word "ghastly" also. Every accident is a ghastly one.

N

nyc resident

I and my wife have seriously thought about flying down from Canada to handle the transaction. We concluded that if you are really serious and have the money for the rent as you have mentioned, then for us to confirm that..
PLEASE READ THIS PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY
What we request of you is to look for a friend, neighbor, brother or sister of yours that you trust, and send the 2 months and security deposit to him or her through Western Union or Money gram and email a copy of the receipt for confirmation.This will give us a proof that you have the money as you claim.I WILL THEN COME DOWN TO THE USA WITH THE KEYS AND RENTAL DOCUMENTATION TO CLOSE THE DEAL As soon as I arrive New York i will show you the apartment and sign the lease, after which You and the person that you sent the money to can easily walk down to the Western union store to pick up the cash and pay me. However, If in any case you do not like the apartment, then what you do is go back to where the money was sent from and cancel the transaction and your money will be refunded to you.. But I know that you are going to love the apartment once you set your eye on it..

BASED ON THE Western union process Your safety is secured in this process, Since the only person that have access to the money at any point in time is you and the person you sent the money to. We have been using western union for a while now to send money to John our son and it is secured and has always worked perfectly for us. I have traveled once from Canada to USA, only for it to be a wasted journey, ticket fee and business absence. Because of these number of unserious people who like to waste other people's time, we are strongly recommending the western union process to ensure it doesn't happen again, I hope you understand the situation here and our worries ?

I will be waiting to here from you.
Thanks and God bless
Regards
Tim.

==========================================
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Timothy Gillespie <timefactor02@yahoo.com> wrote:

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 300 Albany St #4-H, New York NY 10280. The monthly rent is $750,security is the same as rent $750.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 2 months rent and a security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment.
FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Timothy Gillespie
+1206-203-4680

T

Tara1031

Another

Just FYI - I got this email, too:

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 100 West 12th Street, New York NY 10011. The monthly rent is $750,security is the same as rent $750.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 2 months rent and a security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment.
FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Timothy Gillespie
+1206-203-4680

He is using the email address [timefactor02@yahoo.com]

N

New York City Resident

ANOTHER Timothy Gillespie scam...

After I replied to a Craigslist advertisement, this e-mail was sent to me from goldenbubbles0@yahoo.com...

It sounded fishy. Why would he advertise on Craigslist NYC if he were unwilling to show the apartment?

Here's the e-mail:

-----

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the 25 India Road. New York. NY. The monthly rent is $780, security deposit is also $780. Presently, I am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. Which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason; we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly, a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

To move in you must have proof that you can afford a total of two months rent and Security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you are capable of giving me reliable proof that you can afford the rent. FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Tim.
+1206-203-4680

----end of e-mail-----

stay safe, everyone.

K

Kelly Monroe

Spoke with the real Tim and the fake is in NY

email: Timothy Gillespie [timefactor02@yahoo.com]
He posted a link of Craigslist and it was flagged to be removed. He asked that I wire $2500 minus the cost of the wire transfer to someone I trust. Apparently, this has become a common request for Craigslist scams and the amount is always 2500. Here was his intro email and he signs every email afterward with "God Bless":

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 100 West 12th Street, New York NY 10011. The monthly rent is $750,security is the same as rent $750.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

Call me on +1 206-203-4680 for more update.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Timothy Gillespie
+1206-203-4680

A

Ana Sims

I just found an ad on Craigslist for a 3 bedroom apartment for $830 in Parkchester in the Bronx. This price is unheard of in this area and I decided to question it. Of course I googled it and found that the name seemed legitimate, but I didn't stop there...hence, I found your blog. Thanks for posting this information. Below is a copy of his email to me...

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the 2120 East Tremont Avenue #1B, Bronx NY. The monthly rent is $830, security deposit is also $830. Presently, I am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if I am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. Which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason; we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly, a serious and trustworthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

To move in you must have proof that you can afford a total of two months rent and

Security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you are capable of giving me reliable proof that you can afford the rent. FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Call me on (850) 583-1257for more update.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth: