Timothy Gillespie

Tim

New Number

The fraudster is using a new number. Florida Area code. Thanks for posting. BTW, the area code for Calgary is 403. That should be everyone's' first clue this is a scam.

Please post the email addresses used by this scammer. Helps to pollute the water on them.

L

Lady Vee

Just got this email, he changed his email again

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 318 Knickerbocker Ave, Brooklyn NY 11237. The monthly rent is $800,security is the same as rent $800.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 2 months rent and a security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment.
FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Call me on +1206-203-4680 for more update.

THE LEASE IS FLEXIBLE (3 MONTHS) (6MONTHS) (1YEAR) (2YEARS)

Get back to me with the following if you are still intesrested.
Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Home/Cell Phone & Work Phone:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Address for Last one Year:
Date of Birth:
Person to Notify in Emergency:
Relationship with this person:
Address of this person:
Phone number:
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Tim.
+1206-203-4680

L

LawGirl

Yet another scam attempt- thank God for google search

As a born & raised New Yorker, I should have known this was way too good to be true before even bothering with an initial email. How obnoxious! Fortunately, I always google people and found the 'real' Tim Gillespie as well as this website before sending him any of my personal information. Thank you!
Here's the message I received from this scammer:

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Timothy Gillespie <gainedpained@yahoo.com> wrote:
Please reply to; [lovingpeace005@yahoo.com] My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 100 West 12th Street, New York NY 10011. The monthly rent is $800,security is the same as rent $800.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 2 months rent and a security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment.
FURNITURE : Apartment is fully furnished but if you are moving in with your furniture there is a storage room in the unit where you could keep our furniture.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Tim.
+1206-203-4680

D

Disappointed

Ugh

I emailed him to show my interest and asked for pictures, letting him know that I wish to take a look at the place before deciding anything, and he writes me a response thanking me for agreeing to rent. I thought he was way too eager, and so I searched him. Thank goodness I found this place. This is what he wrote to me:

My name is Timothy Gillespie I am the owner of the apartment at 184 Thompson Street, New York NY 10012. The monthly rent is $900,security is the same as rent $900.Presently, i am in Canada working as the Vice President Corporate Banking, ATB Financial, Calgary, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.

Applicant Name:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Profession:
Number of Pets:
Current Landlord Name:
Phone:
Date of Birth:
Address of this person:
Phone number:

Regards,
Tim.
+1206-203-4680

What we request of you is to look for a friend, neighbor, brother or sister of yours that you trust, and send the 2 months and security deposit to him or her through Western Union or Money gram and email a copy of the receipt for confirmation.This will give us a proof that you have the money as you claim.
Obviously never fall for this. Apparently, with a copy of the Western Union or Money Gram receipt the scammer will be able to claim the transfer since it will have the MTCN number. The money can be claimed anywhere so he will probably bribe a Western Union operator in Nigeria to give him the money without having to present proper identification. Western Union's position is that a customer is never to divulge the MTCN number to anybody but the actual recipient of the transfer, thus they feel they have no liability.

D

D. Hernandez

Thank you for posting this. Here it is 2018 and Tim Gillespie scan is still going strong. Smh Something needs to be done to bring this person down! He's literally using the exact same email, just changes the address to which he claims he owns and his number. Now he's using email address peacefulheartxyz@gmail.com and phone number 3475047286

J

JavierV02

They still go by the same story:
My name is Tim Gillespie, I am the owner of the apartment at 353 6th St #1 Brooklyn, NY 11215. The monthly rent is $1200, security is $600. Presently, I am in Canada working as Co-Head, ATB Corporate Financial Services at Alberta, Canada. I can come down to show you the apartment if i am convinced that you are serious. The initial plan was to sell the apartment. which we tried, but the Realtor inflated the prize hence taking more time to sell, because of this reason, we need a responsible person that will take very good care of the apartment. Most importantly ,a serious and trust worthy person who will be willing to pay the rent without delay.
Note; the move-in cost is the total amount of 1 month rent and a security deposit. As a very busy person I would only take my time to fly down to the US for you to preview the apartment, only if you accept to pay the above move-in cost after seeing the apartment.

Call me on 3473347788 for more update.

That phone number is the one they are currently using. email is peacefulheartxyz@gmail.com