Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 2:17 PM
Thank you for contacting us concerning a fraud perpetrated against you by a person using the Ashley Furniture name in their Email address. While we are concerned about the fraud perpetrated on you, please be advised that none of the people perpetrating this fraud against you have any connection or affiliation with Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
For Ashley Furniture to pursue this case further, we will need you to forward us the following information (if you have included this information in this or a previous email, please disregard):
1. Email Headers (see attached document for instructions on obtaining email headers from many popular email clients)
2. Include a copy of the fraudulent email (if not included previously)
Once we have this information, we will take the following actions:
1. Submit a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is administered by the FBI.
2. Submit a complaint with the abuse desk of the perpetrators Internet Service Provider (ISP).
3. Send an email to the perpetrator that sent the original fraudulent email requesting that they do not send any more fraudulent emails.
If you have actually been defrauded of any money, we ask that you contact your local law enforcement agency to report the crime. Once this has been done, please send the details of the case including the precinct involved, contact person at the precinct, and case number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be tracking these cases independently of the fraud claims submitted to the email@example.com address.
The National Consumer League (NCL) in partnership with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) have created the www.fakechecks.org website, which has additional information regarding Internet fraud. Within the NCL site (http://www.fraud.org/info/contactnfic.htm), there is an online form you can submit with additional information regarding your particular case.
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc
1 Ashley Way
Arcadia, WI 54612
Sometimes when I get those scam e-mails - especially from SCHOOLS, for pity sakes, I not only report them to the FBI, I will make sure that the school knows about it too.
Here is the message of the internet administrator of Lincoln Land Community College:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have taken steps to disable this email account.
If you continue to receive such items from the firstname.lastname@example.org or any other llcc.edu email address, please do not hesitate to contact me. The long header information you provided was immensely helpful to us. We are very appreciative!
Information and Telecommunication Systems
Lincoln Land Community College
Springfield, IL 62794
I would say that 95% of the computer knowledge I have is through our community college system. I credit my silly predilection to explore and the fantastic people that I meet along the way for the remainder of that (often on the head) 5% lump of wisdom.
Another responsible person is: Steve Murphy - the Network Manager of Bentlay Walker Internet Sevice Providers in the U.K. He writes:
We will look into this unfortunately It would appear this is coming from an Internet cafe in Lagos
Mowgli of Ohio State University Network Security Group says:
Thanks for reporting it, the user's account was compromised, and has
The Ohio State University Network Security Group | Mowgli Assor
E-mail : email@example.com | Network Security Engineer
Web : http://www.infosec.ohio-state.edu | Office : (Use E-mail)
I'm in the USA & I'm greatfull this site is here. I'm new at computers so I'm having trouble copiing or forwardeing the spam I'm receiving. There are many already posted that I too have received. Again Thank you.
THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE MAKE ME SOOOOOOOO ANGRY!!! IVE NEVER BEEN A VICTIM BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORKING CLASS GETTING FISTED BY THESE CHEEKY PILLICK SLAGS IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!!! MY GIRLFRIEND (ALONG W EVERYONE ELSE) NEVER DID ANYTHING TO ANYONE TO DESERVE ANY OF THIS HELL THATS BEEN BROUGHT ON HER NOW SHES STRUGGLING MORE THAN SHE EVER HAS. SHE WENT FROM A 721 CREDIT SCORE TO I DONT KNOW WHAT BECAUSE SHE WONT TELL ME ITS SOOOO BAD! WHAT YOU ALL ARE DOING HERE IS SUCH AN AWESOME THING AND I WANT TO SAY THANKS ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE YOU HAVE AND ARE HELPING!!!
My best friend believes pretty much everthing he get through email, txt on the web..this last scam cost him a few thousand dollars..he chose not to believe me. Your site I always use for reference, I have sent it to him. He is a great guy and doesn't deserve to be taken for. I hope he bookmarks this site as well