University of Technical Engineering at Bucharest

Discussion in 'Donation Appeal scams' started by Sphinx, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

From Marius A
    Return-Path: ~farutzu@emenace.com>
    Received: from 161.58.75.14, NTT America, Inc. [abuse@ntt.net]
    Reply-To: ~farutzu@emenace.com>
    Subject: Your help is required
    Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009

Hello,

Using this method of advertising isn't the most appropriate way to get in touch with you, but we desperately need your help. We are 2 students at University of Technical Engineering at Bucharest with a poor financial situation. All we request from you is to support us by donating 1 USD by PayPal to us. Your support will be very much appreciated. To donate us click on the following link:

Click here to donate

Thank you very much for taking your time and helping us.

2. Garreg Ddu

Garreg Ddu Gweinyddwr Staff Member

Another try.....

This scammer appears to have hacked into a server in the USA and loaded a spurious page onto a web-site with links to a payment mechanism. The whole thing is a complete fraud.

X-SID-PRA: Marius A <info@valanicc.com>

Reply-To: <support@ewebsoft.org>
    Subject: I need your support
    Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:27:37 +0200

X-MDRemoteIP: 199.0.171.150

Origin IP Address = 199.0.171.150= STATIC-IP-CAPITALINTERNET, 200 Sandy Springs Place, Atlanta, GA 30328, US

Bcc:
    Return-Path: info@valanicc.com

Dear friend,

My name is Marius and I am a student at Technical University of Civil Engineering at Bucharest. It is very difficult for me here because of the big amount of money needed to pay my rent. All I am requesting for you is to take 3 minutes of your time and help me with a small amount of money if it is possible and, in exchange for your help I can design a website for you if you request this.

To access my website and donate me 1 USD via PayPal click on the following link:

Click here to access my website

Thank you!
    Your support will be very much appreciated,
    Marius