Vent your frustration about scamming here, 2014-16

Discussion in 'Welcome - How AFI works' started by Kat, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

In a way, Yahoo acted to stop scammers from using Yahoo. Of course, it practically stopped everyone else from using it too.....

2. Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer Administrator Staff Member

It's probably more fun than creating their own accounts.

3. Kat

Kat Administrator Staff Member

No one going anywhere. Travel ban in Connecticut, 13 counties in South New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. Yahoozee are causing this.

4. Central Scrutinizer

Gee Kat, only about 75 here today.

5. Kat

-5 to 0 tonight. Maybe 20 tomorrow. And some snow. I hate you CS.

6. Central Scrutinizer

There's an answer Kat and it's not Connecticut. It's called "California".

7. Kat

Might be safe to go out of the house today....

8. Sapphire's Strike

Sapphire's Strike Administrator Staff Member

Heavy snow in the UK, bring your spade DMY. :)

9. Central Scrutinizer

Omg winter warning alerts! Temps in the 90s! :ROFLMAO:

10. Kat

41 right now. I hate you CS. Still, it's not snowing so that's a plus.

11. Spanish Administrator

Spanish Administrator THE Spanish Administrator Staff Member

I think the yahoozee enjoy stealing email accounts more than making one for themselves.

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Administrator Staff Member

I think yahoo made it too difficult to make a new one so they have to recycle them or steal them.

13. Kat

Yahoo yahoo boyz will not ignore any human tragedy to steal money. :mad:

14. There is a very great damage of Technological development through Scammers,Spammers,Hackers...e.t.c.

15. golam arshad

golam arshad Guest

Who is this guy or gal Sherry? She is defaming the established entity by faking job provider for your Company!

16. Central Scrutinizer

Good question especially since we aren't a company.

17. the bold yin

the bold yin Guest

what is it with these scammers and constant emails?
    even if I bother to reply (when I'm bored) that I'm not swallowing it ,or be abusive, they still reply back then you get the others offering millions telling you to stop paying money to scammers and you've been identified from whatever bullshit government/fbi/african bank scheme for a ridiculous amount of compensation.
    in any response I've never confirmed any details or gave them any indication as to where I live (though foolishly its always assumed in an American citizen,especially when it comes to those phishing through bank/amazon/paypal/ebay scams.do they never just reach a point and think its obviously a waste of time or should I just give in and get a new email address?

18. De Master Yoda

De Master Yoda Administrator Staff Member

@ the bold yin. Welcome to AFI. I have a "catcher " account that has had over a thousand emails in a one week period. So you are not alone!

Every time you answer a scam email you are confirming that your email is valid and so it can join many others and be sold to spammers and scammers.

One way is to set up a spare email account that you ONLY use for close friends and relatives and one that is NEVER used to fill out forms or polls etc. This should at lease give you some protection from the spammers.

Thank you.

Stillwaters likes this.
  19. These people don't ever think it is a 'waste of time' as they can send multiple messages to potential victims in the time it takes you to write one word in reply. This is why they usually start with 'Dear customer' or similar so they don't have to change the name each time

Stillwaters likes this.
  20. Stillwaters

Stillwaters Samurai

Many of these emails are also addressed as "Dear Friend". Have had a few of these coming as messages on Facebook account. Seems to be an increased number of "military" friends wanting to be added.

David Sutherby likes this.