Vent your frustration about scamming here

The Doctor

Administrator
Staff member
People here know, and yes, you are correct. It is not right (and it's illegal in many places) to prey on honest people. That's why this website is here, to inform and alert people so that they don't become victims.

So Many

I GET SO MANY OF THESE SCAM EMAILS. THE SAD THING IS I HAVE EVEN GOTTEN ONE THAT SAID HE WAS A MARINE OVER IN THE WAR ZONE. HOW DUMB DO THEY REALLY THINK WE ARE? BUT WITH ALL THE SCAMMERS OUT THERE TO PREY ON US AND USE THE MILITARY IS JUST THE VERY LOW OF LOW....I DONT SEE THIS ENDING ANYTIME SOON, I HOPE I AM WRONG!

Last edited:
They Are Low Lifes

They Are Low Lifes And I Am Sick And Tired Of Getting Their Bull In My Email..i Know There Is Nothing I Can Do. But As I Get Them I Will Continune Posting Them On Here. Cuz I Know New Ones Come Out Every Day And I Dont Want Anyone To Get Ripped Off By Any Of Them. It Just Sickens Me That They Will Take The Hard Earned Money We Make And Not Earn An Honest Dollar Themself. Grrrrr They Just Make Me So Mad And Enturn Has Made Me Want Them Caught Even More, Everytime I Get One Of Their Emails, Trying To Say They Are An Elderly Lady, A Marine, A Normal Housewife And Everything Else Under The Sun.

Best Wishes,
Di

Disgusting con-artists

Yes, it is a shame that honest people get duped by these guys. I just pity the fact that they could put their intelligence to good use and use it for evil instead. Can you imagine making a living from crime, always having to cover your tracks, moving around, keeping your lies all straight, always looking over your shoulder, running from the law, and worrying about being caught? How can they sleep at night?:confused:

Totally

I So Totally Agree Kam.....but I Dont Think They Are As Smart As You Give Them Credit....i See Them As Evil Eels Slimming Their Was Into Your Pockets And Bank Accounts....but Like You Said I Dont See How They Sleep At Night....but I Think If They Took Their Creativeness And Put It In A Positive Way They May Be Able To Make A Good Honest Living That Way...and Then They May Be Able To Live Without The Worry If The Law Is At Their Door.

Di

Scammers are rarely prosecuted in the most active countries. So I don't think they are too worried about the police/prosecution. Even though Nigeria has a law against "up front fees" (419 scams), it is rarely used.

They wouldn't do it unless they were good enough to make money at it, so don't underestimate their intelligence. They may have poor English skills, but people lose all their savings all the time.

They even use religion as a way to make you trust them. By adding things such as "God bless you" or "thank God I found you", a lot of Romance scammers profess to be a devout Christian.

I think they can sleep at night since they think that Americans all have vast wealth (although a lot of their victims have little to nothing). I think that most of them who profess to be Christian actually believe they are, as they see nothing really wrong with the profession.

I read somewhere that Nigeria alone makes BILLIONS of dollars a year. I think the fact was it was the 3rd source of income in the country.

They even have popular music videos singing about the profit to be made from scamming. This increases the thought that there is nothing wrong with the profession, and makes it glamorous to impressionable youth.

basenji

Administrator
Staff member
From my slightly biased African point of view, I would just like to add 'Don't forget the Russians!'

Be they Russian, Nigerian or even Kenyan: a loose translation of my signature is "Even if you hate me, I will keep telling the truth"

Sphinx

Administrator
Staff member
Let's have some positive attitudes checks people!

I positively hate scamming. :mad:

Cartesian attitude check: I hate scamming therefore I am here.

S

susansstuff

General Peter Olu at it again!

This dude...and, hell, ALL of these Nigerian folks never cease to amaze me! Thank GOD I have the sense to recognize this crap and it makes me absolutely sick to know that these people target seniors and young adults. I don't, by any means, to racially profile however, most of the scams originate in Nigeria, Phillipines, and who knows where else! It's possible they facillitate this BS from the USA! Over the last 2 months I have received a check for $3,950 which I was supposed to cash, keep $200 and wire the rest to someone in Illinois. I also received at least 3 lottery scams....but had to PAY to get my winnings!!! And or the last few days, I've had General Peter Olu telling me he was gonna send me 2, yeah TWO trunks full of cash...even sent me pics of this money. There's also another one, her name is Kristie Uggeri and she had billions she wanted to split w/me...uh-huh...yeah right! BE CAREFUL PEOPLE! The old adage rings true today: IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...IT IS!!!! I don't know how I got on all thesedamn lists, but I have a feeling that it's thru resumes I have posted on Monster and Career Builder. Good luck and stay safe!

These people have no limits to the lengths they will go to.Their intelligence is debatable and varies...
I think they should bring back public hangings....