Vera Gulliermo

Discussion in 'Rental scams' started by Guy in California, Feb 6, 2012.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Vera stikes again with the same sob story... Thankfully i found this forum before i sent him/her any information.

People can be so messed up.

2. theresar

theresar Guest

Vera Guillermo

she replied to an ad I had for housing at UMD. what a waste of time. she is still replying at 10 pm (which was weird of course because of the time difference)... now I know why.

I did give her my address. But she doesn't have anything else. I don't think she could steal my identity from that, there may be information in this chain that is helpful in tracking them down...

Thanks for the heads up...
    Here's my chain so far :

Hello There...
    How are you doing over there...Thanks for getting back to me..I got the information and i have forwarded it to my step dad so that he can look into payment..He will be contacting you shortly either through email or phone so i will want you to attend to him very well...Please be rest assured that i am taking the room..If anyone ask about if the unit is available pls tell them its rent cause i am serious about taking the room.i will still need your phone number so i can call you.here is the information you ask for my name is Vera Guillermo and the address Rue St-Sulpice, 6e, Paris, France.Thank you and have a wonderful day..Best Regards
    Vera

Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012
    Subject: Get back to me asap

Thanks for getting back to me...I will be coming anytime the place is available precisely 18th of this month..Also its depends on how long you want to rent the place for but i dont mind taking it for a year..Meanwhile i will need the followings so that my step dad can look into payment...1.Your name and surname.. 2.Address in full with the zip code.. 3.Your phone number.... I will be waiting to hear back from you asap...
    Best Regards

Subject: I will be waiting to read back from you asap

Hello ...
    Good to read back from you..Am very happy to hear that the place is available.i will be coming as soon as its available for me to move inn and it also depend on how long you want to rent it for..But the issue is that because of the distance i wont be able to come down to see the place...I will want you to send me some pics so that i can forward it to my step dad so that he can see the place..Meanwhile let me tell you a lill about myself..Am Vera am 23years old i lost my dad some years back when i was young so my mom had to remarry so she married to Mr Grant howelt who is my step dad now..He as been the one who has been taking care of me all this while i believe he is a God sent to me cux i have never regretted a moment with him..Things i like are as follows reading,swimming and chatting with people around me and also make them happy..I have always been thinking of how i will affect peoples life positively by making donations to the less privileges cus when i looked at my past when i lost my dad from the story my mom told me..I noticed it is not easy for people that as no parent..Presently i am among the people that donate to Charity homes for the support of the motherless home..Although i donate lill amount, but no amount is too small to help..Well i hope when we meet in person you will know more about me..Meanwhile my step dad will need the followings to make payment to you ASAP..

1.Your name and surname..
    2.Address in full with the zip code..
    3.Your phone number....

I will wait to have this information's from you so that my step dad can make payment for the rental fee and security deposit in advance..If there is any application you can send it to me so that i can print it out and have it fill then bring it along when am coming to the state soon..I will want you to consider the room/apt/house rented to us in case if they ask for rental availablity...Hope to hear from you pretty soon..In case you have yahoo ID you can add me so that we can chat and know more about me..
    Thanks
    Vera

Subject: Tenant Referral / Building: College Pk Wds Student Rntl - 2 RMS Avail 12/31 / Listing: 150586

TENANT REFERRAL

This tenant referral is brought you by ECOM Media Group Inc. and its 200 partnered rental websites.
    Listing Link Click here to view this Listing

Refering Site rentals.poweredbyemg.com

First Name Vera
    Last Name Guillermo
    eMail [lglg8201@gmail.com]
    Phone
    Comments Hello,

It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation..hope to hear from you soon.
    Vera

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Administrator Staff Member

Severely edited to remove personal information.

4. boblevy99

boblevy99 Guest

vera strikes again, but I'm scamming back

I got the Vera message and googled the name and email. I found this site. So I sent her the following email. Of course, S.S. Phil doesn't exist. Do you think I will get $50 from her ? I'm not holding my breath.
    "Hello Vera -
    In order to consider applications from foreign countries we require a $50.00 processing fee before considering an application. You can send this by Western Union to S.S. Phil, Philadelphia, Pa. Please send the Western Union transaction number and the secret question and answer to me at this email address. Until we receive the $50.00, we can take no further action on this application.
    Thanks !
    S.S. Phil "

5. Same story

I just got the same thing from Vera Guillermo [lglg8201@gmail.com] ... asking me if my place was vacant.

I am not sure where they got the email address, as it was not a reply from Craigslist, but we had a link to the rental website on CL.

"Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation...hope to hear from you soon.
    Vera"

6. NurseJackie

NurseJackie Guest

Thanks for the Info

I got this message:

Is your space still vacant..............?

Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to CANADA for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation...hope to hear from you soon.

Vera

Sent to me via:
    Vera Guillermo <lglg8201@gmail.com>

I googled the email address and this popped up! Thanks saved me from replying to a scammer!

7. chocolatedrop

chocolatedrop New Member

Vera strikes again

I got an email this morning from Vera Guillermo at this email address [lglg8201@gmail.com]. The subject read "Is your space still vacant.............?"

The email read like this:
    "Hello,
    It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United state for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation...hope to hear from you soon.
    Vera"

After I foolishly replied to this email, this is the reply I got back:
    "Hello ...
    Good to read back from you..Am very happy to hear that the place is available...But the issue is that because of the distance i wont be able to come down to see the place...I will want you to send me some pics so that i can forward it to my step dad so that he can see the place..Meanwhile let me tell you a lill about myself..Am Vera am 23years old i lost my dad some years back when i was young so my mom had to remarry so she married to Mr Grant howelt who is my step dad now..He as been the one who has been taking care of me all this while i believe he is a God sent to me cux i have never regretted a moment with him..Things i like are as follows reading,swimming and chatting with people around me and also make them happy..I have always been thinking of how i will affect peoples life positively by making donations to the less privileges cus when i looked at my past when i lost my dad from the story my mom told me..I noticed it is not easy for people that as no parent..Presently i am among the people that donate to Charity homes for the support of the motherless home..Although i donate lill amount, but no amount is too small to help..Well i hope when we meet in person you will know more about me..Meanwhile my step dad will need the followings to make payment to you ASAP..

3.Your phone number....

I will wait to have this information's from you so that my step dad can make payment for the rental fee and security deposit in advance..If there is any application you can send it to me so that i can print it out and have it fill then bring it along when am coming to the state soon..I will want you to consider the room/apt/house rented to us in case if they ask for rental availablity...Hope to hear from you pretty soon..In case you have yahoo ID you can add me so that we can chat and know more about me..
    Thanks
    Vera"

I say I foolishly replied because I had earlier received a similar email from [patriciamuller88@gmail.com]. Patricia's first email was very similar to Vera's first email, and her second email was nearly IDENTICAL to Vera's second email. So watch out for Patricia too.

8. Sal Butoni

Sal Butoni Guest

Miss Vera Guillermo...is working the scam in Seattle, WA today.
    Same lengthy email story with step-dad, loss of father, blahblahblah...fraud.
    Thanks for this thread. I much appreciate avoiding the ongoing hoax.

9. markus

markus Guest

Years later, Vera Guillarmo is apparently still at it...this is an old thread but proved most helpful today. Smarmy emails recently received from "Vera" reflect same scam story as above-listed. Thank You for posting your experiences and warning with regard to this shady hoax currently working the Seattle rental market.

10. Received tonight via Trulia.....she's using legit rental websites now:

Vera Karina Guillarmo
    kvhguillarmovera@gmail.com*
    (786) 543-2345

Vera Karina Guillarmo says:
    Hello, It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United State for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment... thanks in anticipation.. hope to hear from you soon. Vera

11. nena171969

nena171969 Guest

I received the same inquiry on renthello, a college student roommate finding site. The message seemed sketchy to me, so I Googled the email address and found you guys here. Thanks so much for reporting. Saved me!

Hello, It is my pleasure to write you this note,i am Vera by name,from France coming to United State for some research program and studying of international relation,and i will need either a room or apartment to stay when i come,i just wanna know if the room/apartment you advertised is still vacant,if so please get back to as soon as possible so we start talking about the payment,and also update me the full details about the apartment...thanks in anticipation..hope to hear from you soon. please reply me with your email address Vera kvhguillarmovera@gmail.com

12. Antonio 23

Antonio 23 Guest

Thanks for this thread guys. Same story over here in Long Beach, CA:

Hello ...
    Good to read back from you..Am very happy to hear that the place is available...But the issue is that because of the distance i wont be able to come down to see the place...I will want you to send me some pics so that i can forward it to my step dad so that he can see the place..Meanwhile let me tell you a lill about myself..Am Vera am 23years old i lost my dad some years back when i was young so my mom had to remarry so she married to Mr Grant howelt who is my step dad now..He as been the one who has been taking care of me all this while i believe he is a God sent to me cux i have never regretted a moment with him..Things i like are as follows reading,swimming and chatting with people around me and also make them happy, I'm not a smoker non drinker but living with people of this kinda life style is never a problem to me i love them and i like living with anybody with Love.I have always been thinking of how i will affect peoples life positively by making donations to the less privileges cus when i looked at my past when i lost my dad from the story my mom told me..I noticed it is not easy for people that as no parent..Presently i am among the people that donate to Charity homes for the support of the motherless home..Although i donate lill amount, but no amount is too small to help..Well i hope when we meet in person you will know more about me..Meanwhile my step dad will need the followings to make payment to you ASAP..

3.Your phone number....

I will wait to have this information's from you so that my step dad can make payment for the rental fee and security deposit in advance..If there is any application you can send it to me so that i can print it out and have it fill then bring it along when am coming to the state soon..I will want you to consider the room/apt/house rented to us in case if they ask for rental availability...Hope to hear from you pretty soon..
    Thanks
    Vera

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017