Walter Ferdinand, Craigslist

B

beastiekeith

Listed item for sale on craigslist.org. Received email from 'chyxistly@gmail.com' asking simply "still for sale", after I confirmed item was still available I received a response from 'Walter Ferdinand' (suenforiyer@gmail.com) with the following email "Hi,
Am glad it's available. I'm going on a vacation to London but I will
instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure
you will get in about 4 - 6 business days. I'll add $20 extra for the
delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full
name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed
out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will
be after you must have received and cashed the payment. Awaiting your
info.

Thanks"

This is the fourth or fifth time I received roughly the same email when trying to sell on craigslist.org.

W

Walter Ferdinand Scam

Walter Ferdinand

I got the exact same response to a posting on July 9 2013. The email address used [jenmoola@gmail.com]. Very insistent on getting my email address and home address. No questions about the item.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have same emal

This is urgent and I need your response. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. The payment meant for another item was made out in your name and sent to you. However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the payment, deduct your money and send back my Balance to me through western union then we proceed with pick-up arrangement. I really hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at ease.
Thanks

.i can only text you now Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the payment, deduct your money and send back my Balance to me through western union please i need an assurance you will take care of this for me as requested.