Why diplomat emails are always fake

Discussion in 'Diplomat scams' started by Miyuki, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miyuki

Miyuki Administratrix Staff Member

Many of the names of companies or individuals listed in this forum are fake. Others are real, and the scammer/criminals either abuse the names of legitimate companies or persons. They invent names. All of the existing companies or persons whose names appear in this forum are VICTIMS of the criminals and are not connected in any way to the illegal activities committed by criminals in their name.

2. Gentle Giant

Gentle Giant Giant Admin for a Day Staff Member

Assuming that you actually get here to this part, here's some reasons that a diplomat email is fake, aside from the fact that they are ALWAYS a scam.

If you have read about how to identify a scam email (which is here http://antifraudintl.org/threads/how-to-recognize-a-scam-email.176/) then in addition to things like bad grammar, poor spelling, even poorer punctuation, the use of free email servers, etc. these are some other things that make a diplomat email completely bogus.

1. "I am a diplomat with a package for you"
    No, that person is not a diplomat. This is not what diplomats do. Diplomats are officials appointed by a government to represent that government to the government of another country or to represent their country at an international organization such as the United Nations. They do not ever run around the world delivering trunk boxes full of cash, ATM cards, or anything else to people like you or me. That is not their function. Delete any email you have with the word "diplomat" in it because it's a scam.

2. "I am a diplomat from DHL....."
    No, that person is not a diplomat because delivery companies such as DHL do not have diplomats. See #1 above.

3. "I have a trunk box (or two) full of money for you..."
    No. No one ships money around the world like that. See http://antifraudintl.org/threads/trunk-box-full-of-money-419-trunk-box-scam.538/ for pictures of trunk boxes that might be used by your scammer.

4. "I have an ATM card for you...."
    No, there no ATM card either. Any email that mentions an ATM card is a scam and you can delete it. See also: http://antifraudintl.org/threads/why-atm-card-emails-are-always-a-scam.26759/

5. "I have just cleared the Box from the Customs and they are now demanding for the certificate of ownership and the international consignment delivery permit (ICDP) from country of Fund origin..."
    Poor grammar aside, scammers make up things like this which probably sound very official and since they may come from a country where customs official are corrupt this might actually make sense to them in their little world. But it doesn't happen in the real world because there is no such thing as an "International Consignment Delivery Permit".

6. "I am in your country so now send money to Benin..."
    Do you know where Benin is? Why would you send money there? They want you to send money to Benin because that's where the scammers are. Delete the email and don't send them anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.