Barrister Johnson Harry Newcastle, UK.

Ladybear

Hi,
I was hoping that someone would look into this. I've posted the e-mail in it's entirety,including the header, below. It probably is, but I thought it best to be sure. I could not find a reference to it being posted before.
Thank you

"Business Offer.
Barr. Johnson Harry <note029@optusnet.com.au>
Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:01:15 AM

Dear Friend,

How are you today and business in your country?
I am Barr. Johnson Harry, of the Johnson Harry
legal chambers, Newcastle, United kingdom

I have a business proposal that will be of
immense benefit to the both
of us.

If you are interested, you can contact me
through My private
Email:johnson_harry01@hotmail.co.uk

In replying kindly state the following:

Your full names:

Sincerely,
Barr. Johnson Harry. Esq."

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.

1. It's a scam. This is probably a business proposal to set you us as a next of kin for some deceased person. Check out the next of kin section to see similar types.
2. This is a Barrister (lawyer) in the UK and he uses an Australian email server? Weird. But not in scamland. Perfectly normal for scammers.
3. Dear Friend? Does he know your name? Why doesn't he address you as Dear Jane? Simple. He doesn't know your name but as soon as you tell him he will.
4. There's no header but it probably was NOT sent from the UK.
5. why can't he tell you what the business is? Is it a secret? No, it's just another advanced fee fraud.

Definite scam.

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Barr Johnson Harry Esq: scammer.

Hello and welcome Ladybear, as you have correctly guessed this is a scam here is the same one, with yet another email.
If you google ' Barr Johnson Harry Esq' you will see many of his scams.
Date: 4 Febuary 2008

Reply To: [johnsonharrylegalfirm_@live.com]
IP: 212.247.155.108 Showing as coming from Sweden.
Subject: BUSINESS PROPOSAL
Dear Friend,

How are you today and business in your country?

I am Barrister. Johnson Harry, of the Johnson Harry legal chambers, Newcastle, United kingdom.

I have a business proposal that will be of immense benefit to the both of us.

If you are interested, you can contact me through My private Email: [johnsonharrylegalfirm_@live.com]

In replying kindly state the following:

Your full names:

Sincerely,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladybear

Thank you

Hi!
Thank you. Thanks to my husband and a previous personal experience, I've learned quite a bit about how to spot a scam e-mail. Just wasn't sure about this one I've received.

Thank you for the welcome. I just found this site today and have been posting the scam/fraud e-mails that I had saved hoping that perhaps it would help people recognize a scam letter. Some are funny with many many errors. To some of these posts, I've added a little explanation, either at the top or at the bottom, stating the errors that I've found.

I hope that they help others..

:)

De Master Yoda

Emeritus
Re thank you!

@Ladybear, you are most welcome,:)

Thank you for caring enough to post and warn other potential victims of these scams!
Education is one of our best weapons against these crooks who want to take peoples money by deceit.
Your help is appreciated and you may have helped others to avoid being ripped off!

So post away! :tea:

Top Gun

Ninja
Wekcome to Ladybear!

Yay, welcome Ladybear, Nice posts and I like your username as well!:cool:

Good work, it is good of you to help.
Go get em girl. :humble: