Barrister Mr Williams Agudo

Paikea

Ninja
This is a follow up email from a supposed Barrister.
He says he is in Korea right now but his IP says he is in Sudan a place called Hamrat El Wuz.
IP: 212.0.148.23:rolleyes:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:58 AM
Subject: Send Him Your Information

Compliment,
How are you doing. Hope you have not forgotten me, I amBARRISTER /MR Williams AGUDO, the man from BENIN who
contacted you some time ago to assist me secure the release of some money accrued from the over invoicing of a
contract/inheritance that was awarded by my government sometime ago during the militry regime. Though you were not able to asisst me conclude the transaction, I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transffered under the assistance and cooperation of a new partner from brazil.Presently i'm in South Korea for investment projects with my own share of the total sum. meanwhile, i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assit me in transffering those funds, I made sure you are not left out the benefit of the transaction hence I kept aside for you sum of Eight
Hundred and Fifty Thousand United State Dollar(850,000.00)bank draft.

I and my new partner agreed to compensate you with that amount for all your past efforts and attempts to assist me
in this matter.I appreciated your efforts at that time very much,so feel free and get in touch with my secretary
Mr.EMMANUEL RAPHEAL and send him your address where to send the Bank draft to you. Please do let me know immediately you eceive the Bank Draft so that we can share the joy together after all the sufferness at that time. In the moment, i'm very busy here because of he investment projects which me and my partner are having at handfinally,remember that i had left instruction to my secretary so as soon as you contact him, he will send the Draft to you,so feel free to get intouch with MY SECETARY NOW. with your full contact address and your telephone number and your occupation.

Below is contact infors of my secetary: Mr EMMANUEL
RAPHEAL

E-MAIL;emma_raph6000@yahoo.fr
Phone;+22993740249

With best regards, BARRISTER WILLIAMS AGUDO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
This is a form of Business scam which we call the "Compensation Scam". The scam format email is almost always exactly the same. It's still a scam, only the name change.

1. It comes from smoneone you don't know, because you have most likely never heard of Williams Agudo before.
2. The email offers you compensation for your past business efforts on behalf of Mr. Agudo but since you've never heard of Mr. Agido before....see point 1 above.
3. The scammer says he is in Benin. The people who use this format are almost always in Benin. It's a popular scam format in Benin.
4. The scammer usually claims to be in Paraguay or somewhere else in South America, sometimes in Asia. In fact, the scammer is almost always in Benin.
5. He asks for "your full contact address and your telephone number and your occupation". Since you have "supposedly done business with him before, should he not already know this information?
6. The email only addresses you as "Compliment". It doesn't even call you "Dear Friend" or address you by name. Rather strange for your "former" business partner.
7. It comes from a free email server, sudanmail.net, and asks you to reply to a different free email sever, yahoo.fr. This always means a scam.
8. This format always directs you to a secretary who has a check, almost always one for about the same amount, USD $800,000 or so. There is never a check.
9. Williams Agudo and Emmanuel Raphael are most likely the same person.
10. The English is not very good.
11. www.scamomatic.com will confirm that this is a scam.

Last edited: