Brianna Shunshi, divorce

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
New name in a fake check scam for lawyers:

Given name: Brianna
Surname: Shunshi

Neither name is a Japanese name.

She has a fake Japanese passport (K0129M89Z4) and a fake South Korean driver's license. See here for more passports with this number: http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=38006

Please do not respond to this person. He is a Nigerian criminal and he wants to send you a fake check.

Central Scrutinizer

Administrator
Staff member
Ex Husband is Bill Shunshi. Brianna also called Brianna Shunshion.

Lawyer for Bill is Chang Ha'Ohnuki. Lawyer for Brianna is Leonard Anderson.

Done in Oita Family Court, case JKF/08/7720/874/OL/01. Presiding judge is Lee Kigawa.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
Those are very ugly documents but since they are made by Nigerian criminals I guess we can't expect good aesthetics. And did I mention the documents are completely fake? The documents are completely fake.

Oita Family Court in South Korea.... :rolleyes:

@ lawyers, Oita is a city in Japan. It is NOT in South Korea.

S

Skeptic, Esq.

Example email

Thanks for the message board. I forwarded a link to everyone in my firm in case they get the email too. This one has better grammar than some of the other examples on this website, but maybe because it's only two sentences. Here is the email I got:

Wed 11/9/2011 8:59 AM
Cc: [brianna.shunshi@gmail.com]

I am in need of your service with regards to enforcement/collection of divorce settlement or possible litigation with my ex spouse. Kindly advise.
Brianna Shunshi

O

One Man Jury

Me Too

The facts in the email did not make sense. I live in Idaho Falls. "Brianna" claimed her husband lived in my town. I asked what he did. "she" emailed back and said he was a surgeon for the UN. Since we have no UN office in town, I went on the web and found this post. I wrote back and said that I would need $50,000 cash to discuss the matter further, and that I don't cash checks.

M

Meredith

Attorney

I also received the same e-mail message. I could tell something was off since no one e-mails my account without at least first explaining how they received my name. My e-mail address is not for my firm, but instead my private practice work. Thank you for posting this thread ... I guess it's good I Google everything/everyone before making my next moves.

A

atty.

Brianna email

I also received the same message....i am just wondering how and where he got my email address....and how does he operate the so-called scam???

G

Got one too

Indiana

Same message. Says she's in South Korea & needs an Indiana attorney. Glad I researched it.

O

Oops

Another Indiana e-mail

rec'd yesterday. They must be sending out tons of these as it was forwarded
to my spam box.

Miyuki

Administratrix
Staff member
I don't know about tons but they are probably sending out thousands.

I don't know who is sending retainer agreements etc. to these criminals but I wish they wouldn't.

Dororo

Administrator
Staff member
It is not Japanese document!

Collaborative Law
Participation Agreement
(If Children are included, include III)
BRIANNA SHTINSHI
---------------and
BILL SHUNSHI
-----------"the Parties"
and their lawyers:
CHANG HA'OHNUKI

--------------and
LEONARD ANDERSON

Leonard Anderson Esq
Lawyer for Bill Shunshi
Ar.*('

Chang Ha'Ohnuki Esq
Lawyer lor Brianna Shunshi

Dated: January II,2011

BILL SHUNSHI

Dated: January 17,2011
BRIANNA SHUNSHI

L

lawofficesmichigan

Brianna Shunshi

I'm an attorney in Michigan who received the same scam. What attorney is going to give them money or their bank account number?

A

Arce

Brianna Scam

I too only use this e-mail address for my private bankruptcy clients, and not my firm's clients and therefore I can only assume these folks are looking up addresses for law firms that handle bankruptcies. Easy enough to find if you have access to the PACER system

V

Vecino

A sucker born in every state of the union

He tried the same thing with me, so I check, and here it is. How can they think people would fall for that? I practice in California and the woman's decree was from a Korean Court. E-Mail a contract? I rather loose a client than fall for that. Beware. Happy holidays.

J

JHS_ESQ

Those are very ugly documents but since they are made by Nigerian criminals I guess we can't expect good aesthetics. And did I mention the documents are completely fake? The documents are completely fake.

Oita Family Court in South Korea.... :rolleyes:

@ lawyers, Oita is a city in Japan. It is NOT in South Korea.
Yes, and why would documents from a court in Japan, or Korea or wherever be in English and not in Japanese or Korean characters??

(Speaking of characters, the characters in the image verification box is nearly impossible to read - Come on people, make it a few steps under impossible to post something here - this must be my 10th attempt at typing the image.)

J

JHS_ESQ

Also...

What is the timing on this - check appears cleared after 2-3 business days but ultimately bounces. How long before this ultimate bounce? If the receiver just waits that period, isn't he or she better protected?

Also - and here's a tip: Once I received a (fake) check, unsolicited, via overnight delivery. It appeared to be drawn on a bank in New England. I phoned the bank and they confirmed that it was a scam - the routing numbers did not correspond to that bank. If it's an international check, I don't know if we can find that information as easily.