Dong Zhang, Zhang & Co., Solicitors

T

Tsepang

I received the following email from the same sender. It's surely a scam right?

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:04:10 PM
To: Tsepang Ranneileng
Subject: Re: GREETINGS. MESSAGE ...

Hello,
Let me properly introduce myself, I am Dong Zhang, principal partner Zhang & Co. Solicitors. We are the Legal Adviser to the company you will be representing. The company is owned by a top personnel working for Qatar Petroleum Company. We need a Foreign Director to front this Company because it was registered as a Foreign Company.

We have been doing business with a foreigner who was the external Director until recently. During our third transaction, our ex-partner (The Foreign Director) got greedy and started some deceitful activities with our client, My client was losing money to him and we had to stop working with him. We needed to continue this project because the contract has been signed and registered for 18 months.
We really need your assistance in this venture. I know this might be a bit dense for you, but there is no risk in this project. I will guide you on how to go about this transaction with ease. My client cannot act because he works with Qatar Petroleum Company.

It is against the law of Qatar for a staff of Qatar Petroleum Company to partake in the sales of Crude Oil Product/ Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). This is why he employed foreign hands to handle this project. To get this contract to export Crude Oil Product; we had to register a foreigner’s company under a foreign name.
However, my client does not wish to deal with him anymore for this reason, we still have a pending payment from our buyers in Japan. This is why we need you to take over his place. Please I need your consent to continue this project with you.

Here are my Details:
Names: Dong Zhang
Address: Unit 5, 20th Floor, Law Commercial Plaza, 788 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Post: 999077.
Tel: +852-819-25982
Fax: +852-301-00699
I have been handling my client's affairs for over sixteen years now

A

aheadless

Dong Zhang <dongz@zhangsolicitors.com> and <DOZHNG@msn.com>
Dong Zhang
Principal Partner (Zhang & Co. Solicitors)
Tel: +852-819-25981

Sent me an email asking about investing in a Crude Oil project. Scam!

P

Peter Jenkins

Hey, that was supposed to be my job!!

I received the following email:

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019at 11:08 AM,Dong Zhang <dong.zhang@zhangdsolicitors.com> wrote:
Hello
I have just been informed by one of my associates (Nancy Ming) that it seems like you did not get the letter mailed to you initially. I did contact you to discuss a Natural Gas project.
You do not need to be a professional in this field to handle this project.
I also want you to know that we are not asking you to invest any money in this project but your commitment. The commission you will be getting in this business is decent as long as you do not cheat my client.
I will explain further on what you will be doing if you decide to proceed with this project. I await your response as regards your thought on this.
Sincerely,
Dong Zhang,
Principal Partner - Zhang & Co. Solicitors

R

recvd on 26 & 27/8/19

Just making sure you saw this.
On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 12:41 AM, Dong Zhang <dzhang@zhangsolicitors.com> wrote:

I have just been informed by one of my associates that it seems like you did not get the letter mailed to you initially. I did contact you to discuss a Natural Gas project.

I also want you to know that we are not asking you to invest any money in this project but your commitment. The commission you will be getting in this business is decent as long as you do not cheat my client.

I will explain further on what you will be doing if you decide to proceed with this project. I await your response as regards your thought on this.

Sincerely,
Dong Zhang,

D

~Dan

Subject: Re: Recent Communication
Date: 8 September 2019 at 19:24:08 BST
Reply-To: dong.zhang@zhangdsolicitors.com

Did you recieve our company letter sent to you last week? Please let us know.
Nancy Ming.

We believe this is a scam

S

Sutras

Dong Zhang <mrdongzhang01@gmail.com>

20 Sep jam 16.05

Hello
I have just been informed by one of my associates (Nancy Ming) that it seems like you did not get the letter mailed to you initially. I did contact you to discuss a Natural Gas project.
Sincerely,
Dong Zhang,

Is it spam also? please advise, thank you